The ToO's Fantasy Football League

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Current players:

1. American Eagle
2. bookworm
3. Laura Ingalls
4. Knight Fisher
5. Stop Wooton' Around

This is going to be a blast! If anyone else wants in, let me know! We have plenty of room! :)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Well get ready to be creamed by the Texas Staleys. (Da Bears Rock!) And it says the draft is auto-pick. Does that mean it automatically picks or we set up a list and it picks?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yay for the Winoka Warriors! :dance: And if you don't know who they are, you need to watch more Little House on the Prairie episodes. :x

I don't know much at all about football, although I like to watch sometimes, so this should be interesting. You can all laugh at ignorant, last place, little Laura. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

I shall join, shall be fun. Sounds interesting.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Whoot! That episode was great.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Knight Fisher wrote:And it says the draft is auto-pick. Does that mean it automatically picks or we set up a list and it picks?
Instructions for the players:
1. Go to the league.
2. Click the "My Team" tab.
3. Go to "Edit Pre-Draft Player Rankings" (to rank your favorite players) or "Edit Autopick Strategy" (to create strategy).

Basically, if you think Peyton Manning will be a better quarterback than Michael Vick this season, you rank Manning higher. You can do that for all the positions, and it increases your chances of the computer picking that player for your team.

Or... you can not do any of that, and hope you get really lucky this season. \:D/

Welcome aboard, JWS! More players welcome! :D

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Start working on your drafts people. Laura its you and me week one. \:D/ *Fox Sports theme plays, robot does its dance*
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I have no idea what to do, so I just picked some players I like that I think will do well. \:D/
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Psst don't pick any Bears. Except Matt Forte and the Defense. Got burned way to many times by playing them.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

EAST: Amazing Epicness (American Eagle), bookworm's team (bookworm), Southwood Knights (Stop Wooton' Around)

WEST: Winoka Warriors (Laura Ingalls), Texas Staleys (Knight Fisher), Da Jays (Jason Whits Son)

Divisions were chosen at random. You all have until tomorrow night to set your draft preferences (see this post). \:D/

By the way, KF, your team image is amazing. ;)

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

American Eagle wrote:EAST: Amazing Epicness (American Eagle), bookworm's team (bookworm), Southwood Knights (Stop Wooton' Around)

WEST: Winoka Warriors (Laura Ingalls), Texas Staleys (Knight Fisher), Da Jays (Jason Whits Son)

Divisions were chosen at random. You all have until tomorrow night to set your draft preferences (see this post). \:D/

By the way, KF, your team image is amazing. ;)
Thanks AE. Thanks Snubs. \:D/

Check out my predictions for week one on the bottom of the scoreboard, in the Week One Smack Talk!
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I am so dead....I don't have any football teams and players knowledge. :mad: I hope the computer picks me a good team. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Hippie
Processing

Post by The Hippie »

Heyy, is it too late to join?

Love Peace, Love music, Love life.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Hippie wrote:Heyy, is it too late to join?
Yes, it is, sorry. The draft is in a few hours.
Laura Ingalls wrote:I am so dead....I don't have any football teams and players knowledge. :mad: I hope the computer picks me a good team. \:D/
Haha, you'll do fine... I played the Hockey league with no knowledge. \:D/ (Last place, but still...)

The Hippie
Processing

Post by The Hippie »

Ahh ok, well, I WOULD have destroyed :yes:

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Hippie wrote:Ahh ok, well, I WOULD have destroyed :yes:
Hey, since you're online, maybe we can work it out. Create an ESPN account by tonight, send me the account username and email address and I'll send you an invite. If you can accept the invitation before I go to bed tonight, I'll let you in. Quickly!

Edit: It's too late now. Oh well. It would've been complicated with 7 anyway, but sorry we couldn't work it out. :|

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

YES! I have the awesomest team ever! I never expected the draft to go that good.

EDIT:Woah AE why do we have 4 byes? I mean 1 or 2 yeah. But 4? Especially with back to back ones and the last week having byes.

EDIT 2: Um AE there is a major problem with the schedule. Da Jays have 8 and everyone else has 4. Including one person with 4 in a row. Can we change that? Because we have more byes than games.
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Haha, too had for Da Jays! :hilarious:

Oh snap. This is bad.

Fixed!

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Uh not quite. Now there are only two playoff teams. And one round of playoffs. :anxious:

EDIT: And you can't have your two top teams face off in week seventeen. Because a lot of starters wont be playing.
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Hippie
Processing

Post by The Hippie »

American Eagle wrote:
The Hippie wrote:Ahh ok, well, I WOULD have destroyed :yes:
Hey, since you're online, maybe we can work it out. Create an ESPN account by tonight, send me the account username and email address and I'll send you an invite. If you can accept the invitation before I go to bed tonight, I'll let you in. Quickly!

Edit: It's too late now. Oh well. It would've been complicated with 7 anyway, but sorry we couldn't work it out. :|
It's all good bro, i'm in enough leagues anyway.