AIO Episodes: Best Episodes For....

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

AIO Episodes: Best Episodes For....

Post by Alyssa »

Last summer we went on a family road trip. My parents left half way to be on there own for their anniversary and left us with our Grandma, Aunt, Uncle, and cousin. During that time, we listened to tons of AIO episodes in the car that I already had on my ipod. I chose all the ones that I thought my Uncle, Aunt, and Grandma would like best, as well as myself, such as the episode "Connie". They really enjoy the inspirational, true-to-life, and more serious ones, and the best part is that everyone seems to like them, adults, teens, and younger kids alike. My Uncle's favorite writer is Paul McCusker (than, again who doesn't like him? ;) ). We also enjoy a funny one and historical.

So, this summer, we are doing the same sort of thing, and I wanted to make a special playlist just for those kind of episodes. The things is, I need YOUR ideas! I know there are lots of teen/younger users on there, but I also know there are adult users. So, if the younger users have any ideas from there past experiences with adult listeners or if the adults want to share some of there favorite episodes, of if any one can think of some matching the categories above, that would be fantastic!

Thank you so very much, everyone!

Alyssa
Love You, Lee! :hug:
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

I don't know how long your trip is, but have you considered all of Darkness Before Dawn, or the entire Blackgaard Saga?
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

I agree with Irwin.

My parents love the sagas:
Blackgaard
NovaCom
Green Ring

Hope that helps :D
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

My Mom loves the Bible Eyewitness ones, especially the old human-told 2-parters, like Bernard and Joseph, or Three Funerals and a Wedding
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

That would be good...I'll definitely consider all of those! It's a pretty long trip. :yes:
Love You, Lee! :hug:
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Yeah, all the sagas are good to listen to on long trips and stuff cause you can hear the whole story at once and are always looking forward to the next part--and you stop counting the hours go by.
I also like the Bible episode ones--not so much OT Action News, but either the ones where they tell the story, or through the Imagination Station--so anywhere from Elijah, Bernard and Joseph, The Star, Three Funerals and a Wedding, The Underground Railroad, Bernard and Esther, etc. are good.

Some good random eps are: Pokenberry Falls R.F.D., The Search for Whit, Grand Opening, a number of eps from Welcome Home (The Right Choice, Clara...) and Signed, Sealed, and Committed (For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll--maybe more aimed at people who've heard Odyssey before, The One About Trust...), Malachi's Message, Passages...
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Eugene and Bernard's road trip could be a good one. After all, who doesn't love those two? \:D/
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

V-lady wrote:Eugene and Bernard's road trip could be a good one. After all, who doesn't love those two? \:D/
Ohhh...definitely! That's one of my favorite albums!! Can't believe I didn't think of it... :shock:
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Just take ones from my 72-hour marathon schedule!! It's chalked full of amazing eps!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

• The Underground Railroad
  • The Jubilee Singers
  • Malachi's Message
  • Tom for Mayor
  • The Right Choice
  • Clara
  • The Mortal Coil
  • A Bite of Applesauce
  • Do or Diet