If Chris Anthony left, how much would it affect you?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

How much would it effect you?

It would affect listening to AIO a lot! :mecry:
38%
It would somewhat effect listening to AIO. :sniff:
38%
It would effect only very little when listening to AIO. #-o
17%
Wouldn't effect a lot... :shame:
7%
Who is Chris Anthony? :shrugs:
No votes

Total votes: 29

Parker Family
Smile for the camera

If Chris Anthony left, how much would it affect you?

Post by Parker Family »

To me, if she left, it would be a big impact on the show... but how about you?
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I voted for "Very Little" She was good at first but now she's gotten a little Corny I think.
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

i adapt to change very well. so change can help you change and that can be a good thing... (i did that as a joke)

but frankly i do not listen to it for her. she is in my view expendable..
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

It used to be that she would be missed a lot, as she always did a big intro and a big conclusion--now, however, she's barely in it, so while it would affect my listening slightly, it wouldn't be that noticeable.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Taps wrote:I voted for "Very Little" She was good at first but now she's gotten a little Corny I think.
I think that's the writer's fault.

I think Chris leaving would effect the show for me for a little be. I'm used to hearing her and yeah, it'd throw me off a little bit.
he/him | a little stinker.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Well I think it is a matter of the writers. If they give her good lines...
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I would definitely be affected. Chris is great, her voice has been with us since episode 001, and I think that a new host would be a horrible idea. Chris is such a sweet and funny person, that I would hate very much to see her leave!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I don't think it would really affect me all that much. I'm really used to her, and it would take at least a full album to get used to a new narrator, but losing her wouldn't be nearly as devastating as loosing Katie Leigh and Will Ryan. The day they replace Eugene and Connie might be the end of the world.

If Chris ever were to leave, I think it would be smart to have someone we're already slightly familiar with host the show. Maybe Brock or Bob and Jessie or someone like that.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Steve

Post by Steve »

I'd like to hear Brock host the show. :lol: :hilarious:
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Steve wrote:I'd like to hear Brock host the show. :lol: :hilarious:
That would be interesting :lol:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I would demand that they cancel the show immediately. :demonstration:
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Brock is the only other person I'd want announcing Odyssey. :P Or maybe Paul McCusker, but that would be messy if Glossman ever came back.

Chris... is awesome. She's been a part of Odyssey as long as Katie Leigh or Will Ryan. I'd miss her a lot, and the end of episode would be lacking something.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

American Eagle wrote: Chris... is awesome. She's been a part of Odyssey as long as Katie Leigh or Will Ryan. I'd miss her a lot, and the end of episode would be lacking something.
Uhhh...actually, longer. I think she's probably the only person left who's been there since the very start of the show! :shock: It would be disappointing if she left, though I wish they'd give her a little more to do again--otherwise she might just want to leave! :(
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

Steve

Post by Steve »

When one thinks about it, hearing Brock host the show would be humorous. Can't you just imagine the season finale' of season 55?

"And little Billy learned that the Bible says that stealing is wrong. UNLESS YOU SWIPED A COPY OF ALBUM 56 AND UPLOADED IT ALL ONTO THE INTERNET FOR FRRREEEE!!!!

Just an odd little thought I had.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Steve wrote:When one thinks about it, hearing Brock host the show would be humorous. Can't you just imagine the season finale' of season 55?

"And little Billy learned that the Bible says that stealing is wrong. UNLESS YOU SWIPED A COPY OF ALBUM 56 AND UPLOADED IT ALL ONTO THE INTERNET FOR FRRREEEE!!!!

Just an odd little thought I had.
Hahahaha, that's great!

Or... Chris: You know what you have to do to find out: Keep listening!

Brock: You know what you have to do to find out: Listen to the Official Podcast when I reveal things I'm not supposed to!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

SoccerLOTR wrote:
American Eagle wrote: Chris... is awesome. She's been a part of Odyssey as long as Katie Leigh or Will Ryan. I'd miss her a lot, and the end of episode would be lacking something.
Uhhh...actually, longer. I think she's probably the only person left who's been there since the very start of the show! :shock: It would be disappointing if she left, though I wish they'd give her a little more to do again--otherwise she might just want to leave! :(
She's been in every single episode except for one (in album 50... not having her was kind of lame given her streak)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

DanP740 wrote:
SoccerLOTR wrote:
She's been in every single episode except for one (in album 50... not having her was kind of lame given her streak)
Wowzers...how'd she miss it?! Seems she could just pre-record or something if she went on vacation...

Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

SoccerLOTR wrote:
DanP740 wrote:
SoccerLOTR wrote:
Wowzers...how'd she miss it?! Seems she could just pre-record or something if she went on vacation...
No, she was there, it was just "A Capsule Comes to Town", so it was done like "At Home in Our Town", and the TV announcer did the stuff. I personally think that Chris should've had a random cameo in it, just to keep her voice in it! That would've been great. (And there are some 3-parters without Chris in the middle, because she only did the opening and wrap. Darien's Rise, Parts 2-11 for example.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

If Christ were to be replaced, it would be incredibly wrong.

But I'd get over it.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Christ can NEVER be replaced! Blasphemy! :x
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.