Questions for Half Pint

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

You have made me proud. :sniff:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

If you could choose one emotion that you would never have again, what emotion would that be?
If you could know three languages fluently which three would they be?
Who is your favorite actor/actress?
How many cats is too many cats?
What is something you would want written in your obituary?
What is something you would want to see while out on a walk that you have never seen before?
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Whoa, new questions!! :shock: Old thread alert!!
Danadelfos wrote:If you could choose one emotion that you would never have again, what emotion would that be?
Anger. Because that's something that I struggle with that I wish I didn't! :anxious:
If you could know three languages fluently which three would they be?
Spanish, Italian, and Romanian.
Who is your favorite actor/actress?
I honestly do not really have one. :- But just for the sake of answering, I'll say Dick Van Dyke, just because he's hilarious.
How many cats is too many cats?
2. One is acceptable, but more than that is just tooooo many. Although even one will keep my mom from ever visiting me again, according to her. :-k
What is something you would want written in your obituary?
That I loved Jesus and served my family.
What is something you would want to see while out on a walk that you have never seen before?
Umm....hmmm...let's see. Beautiful flowers that are different than what I've seen here in the US. We'll go with that. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

What is one of your favorite things about being married?
What's one of the most difficult challenges in marriage?
Do you like s'mores?
What is something that you admire about how your parents raised you?
What's something you would do different than your parents when raising your own children?
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Danadelfos wrote:What is one of your favorite things about being married?
Living with my best friend, someone who has my back, supports and loves me unconditionally.
What's one of the most difficult challenges in marriage?
Opening up to what's bothering me, since I can be private and not want to bother hubby. But he can always tell when I'm down and wants to talk about it, even when I want to bottle it up.
Do you like s'mores?
YES. Pretty much anything that has sugar in it is wonderful.
What is something that you admire about how your parents raised you?
Going against the crowd with homeschooling...it wasn't very common or known about back when they started. Very brave of them to step into the unknown in that way!

What's something you would do different than your parents when raising your own children?
I can't think of anything hugely different...although my husband and I do have a TV that we watch sports on, and we were raised without any TV until my 20s. I don't disagree with the concept of no TV, though.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

What is your favorite room in the house?
What would your perfect house look like?
If you had to invest in a publicly traded company which company would you invest in and why?
What is your favorite flower?
If you had to live somewhere outside of the United States for a month, where would you live?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Danadelfos wrote:What is your favorite room in the house?
The family room. Comfy sofas where we relax, soft carpet, all the books and movies and toys are there...nice place to hang out.
What would your purrfect house look like?
Haha, a lot like my current house, actually!! Country farmhouse-y, with a long covered front porch, big kitchen and family room, and plenty of bedrooms for the kids. Our house now could use a few tweaks...a better garage, bigger bathrooms, and a larger yard, but mostly I love it!
If you had to invest in a publicly traded company which company would you invest in and why?
Umm. Hmm. I have never been into stocks whatsoever, I have no idea. :shrugs: I suppose I would ask my husband what would get me the biggest return, since he's a financial guy and enjoys that sort of thing.

What is your favorite flower?
Cut flowers...daisies and roses. In the yard...hydrangeas and azaleas.
If you had to live somewhere outside of the United States for a month, where would you live?
Some European country, I think. I've always wanted to visit Italy where my ancestors came from. A month is a long time to explore the whole country. I've also thought Switzerland would be fun to visit, the scenery in pictures is beautiful. I love mountains. :D
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

What is your favorite ingredient?
Favorite way to travel?
Favorite type of sandwich?
What's one of your personality gifts?
Big groups of friends or small groups? Or one on one?
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

1. Do you or your family listen to AIO currently?
2. Have you ever contributed to Wikipedia?
3. If you were given the choice between a banana or a bowl of Cheerios for breakfast (not both), which would you choose?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Danadelfos wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:24 am What is your favorite ingredient?
Favorite way to travel?
Favorite type of sandwich?
What's one of your personality gifts?
Big groups of friends or small groups? Or one on one?
Perhaps cheese? I make a lot of cheesy dishes.
By car is the only way I've traveled, so I have no other experience to compare it to.
Either roast beef and cheese or chicken salad.
I don't really know, exactly. Not good at figuring things like that out.
Small groups, I think.

KODY 105 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:01 am 1. Do you or your family listen to AIO currently?
2. Have you ever contributed to Wikipedia?
3. If you were given the choice between a banana or a bowl of Cheerios for breakfast (not both), which would you choose?
No, I really don't anymore. I just don't have the time with 4 kids 5 and under. My kids are still a bit young to understand them at this point, I think. They do enjoy listening to Patch the Pirate CDs while we ride in the car, so I think one day they will enjoy AIO as well. I am waaaaay behind on the new episodes, and I'll have to catch up somehow one day.

No, I have not.

Definitely Cheerios, bananas are not a favorite fruit of mine. I prefer bananas baked into bread or cake, not on their own.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I saw an xkcd comic about message boards. Do you think this one is funny, and do you think your kids might do something similar to you in the future?
What are some of your favorite Christmas movies, and why?
If you were stuck on a desert island with only five kilograms of supplies, what would those supplies be?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: