Questions for Half Pint

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I am guessing that it is now about 10:30 pm? \:D/

And yes, please feel free to bump my thread! :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Actually, at the time of posting, I think it would've been 11:30, since I think they're an hour ahead of us :-

Do you love your avatar? \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Marvin D. wrote:Actually, at the time of posting, I think it would've been 11:30, since I think they're an hour ahead of us :-
According to Google, I thought it would have been about 1:30 a.m. at the time of posting. But I consider you to be more reliable than Google. ;)

How many days ahead can you bake things for farmer's market, and still consider it fresh? =)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Marvin D. wrote:Actually, at the time of posting, I think it would've been 11:30, since I think they're an hour ahead of us :-

Do you love your avatar? \:D/
Aw, close enough. :P I think it's cute, but I will probably change it back to a picture of Laura soon. \:D/
Sunshine wrote:How many days ahead can you bake things for farmer's market, and still consider it fresh? =)
It depends on what it is. O:) My candies last for weeks. For example, I normally would make fudges on a Wednesday before a Saturday market, and I feel comfortable selling that for 3 market days, which would make it just over 2 weeks old on the last day IF it doesn't sell out before then. The next week after that, I would take any leftover fudge and cut it up to give away free with any purchase. I know from that that it is still good even that week later. :)
Cheesecakes I make on Thursday nights. Cheesecake is best if it sits at least 24 hours before eating. If I bake it Thursday evening, it has time to chill overnight, then I can cut and package the slices on Friday.

Everything else I make on Friday. \:D/ All cookies, cupcakes, muffins, pies, etc. Some people have expected me to have made everything on Saturday morning....they don't understand how much time goes into the amount of food I make. The oven is on usually on from 6 am Friday until 1:30-2 in the afternoon, then everything has to cool, be weighed, packaged, labeled, and then packed up in boxes to transport. I don't usually finish up the last preparations until 8-9 at night. As it is I get up at 5 am on Saturdays just to get to the market on time, so it's just not possible for me to do it that morning. :P Last week, I had a lady call me after supper on Friday to order 2 pies for Saturday. Uhhhhhhh....no. Too late. ;)
If I have leftovers, I freeze some things to take out for dessert when we have company. Catspaw and JF had some of my cheesecake from the freezer. :- Cookies and such I save to send to Watson's work on Monday, and I sell it for a reduced price, usually about half off. Muffins and cupcakes leftover we can take to church for our potluck snacktime.

*stops talking about market* :-#
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

:drool:

Laura, I'm going to become your neighbor, all right? \:D/

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Okay! \:D/ My closest neighbor has only gotten 1 pie so far, so I'm not sure you'll get any benefits from being my neighbor. :P Maybe you can smell the baking wafting through the windows on Friday. :yes:
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Do you ever sell things over the internet (seeing that you've shipped fudge in the mail before)? O:)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I haven't, simply because I haven't set up any payment system on my website, and because I'm really not certain how to deal with the tax situation for out-of-area purchases. :-k Plus most of my fresh baked goods wouldn't last very well with shipping, although it's true that fudge and other candy would probably do fine. :D
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

How long have you been baking?
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

\:D/

Perhaps 4-5 years old in that picture, not sure if that was my first foray into baking or not. :- I was in my mid teens when I took my first cake decorating classes.
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

Who is the person in your avatar?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Tikvah wrote:Who is the person in your avatar?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Tikvah wrote:Who is the person in your avatar?
:mad:

It's Laura Ingalls, naturally. :D Played by Melissa Glibert in the 70s/80s TV show. I have several avatars of her, in various ages. :P
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

Ah. I guessed it was an actor who played Laura, but I wasn't sure.

Is the TV series like the books?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Well, it's based on the series, but as with all adaptions, they did take quite a few liberties. :P I enjoy each one for what they are! I actually want to read the books again, as it's been quite a long time since I read them.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Would you disown me if I had never actually read the Little House books?
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I would! \:D/

. .buuut you're not asking me.

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Carrie Ingalls wrote:Would you disown me if I had never actually read the Little House books?
*disowns Carrie* :noway:

You need to at least borrow them from the library and see what you think! \:D/ LHOP FTW!
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
Carrie Ingalls wrote:Would you disown me if I had never actually read the Little House books?
*disowns Carrie* :noway:

You need to at least borrow them from the library and see what you think! \:D/ LHOP FTW!
IF! I said IF!

:anxious:
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

American Eagle wrote:Laura, I give you six years to get married. :x
Okay. Done. :noway: