Church Camp!!!!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Church Camp!!!!

Post by minichef »

Is anyone else going to church camp this summer? I am leaving monday and I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to go!!! I think everyone should be able to go to church camp!!! I have never been to this camp, but my church and a couple of friends from school, who also go to my church, are going with me, so I hope it will be fun! Wish me luck!!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Only ever been to school camping trips and my friend's church camping trips. They were fun, I suppose, but the church camp schedule was rather annoying. :/ Who can function on six to seven hours of sleep for an entire week?!?! And we spent too much time singing around the campfire.

*cough* But yeah, the games and activities were fun. :-
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

I'm going to church camp :)! But I'm going to be a counselor ^_^. I'll be there for three months, and since I've never actually been to camp, it'll be a brand new experience for me. Hope you have fun wherever you're going!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I don't think my church camp is quite what you guys are talking about... our camp has three or four church services a day and we play volleyball and soccer in the afternoons. What is your camp like?

\:D/
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

The camp I go to doesn't have campfires...but I love it! I get to go to two this year, one as a "camper," and one as a counselor! I'm so excited! We typically have one service in the morning, then break up into small groups, do sports for an hour or two, eat lunch, have quiz teams for an hour, three hours of free time, dinner, a final large service, an hour of free time, and then either share time, or large indoor games. By this time it's usually 10:00, and it takes another two hours or so to get to bed because we also have devotions back in the cabin, which is usually air-conditioned! :D I can't wait!
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I'm going to one of the most awesome places God put on the planet the first week of August! Camp Lone Star! lomt.com We usually start the day with morning devotions. Have breakfast, go to song time. Then we do challenge course. Which is where you do stuff like scale walls and it really brings the group together. Then we have a huge game of something like floor hockey. Eat lunch have Bible study. And a bunch of other stuff.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

We go to something similar to Church camp each summer, It is a three day camp, and there's a service each morning and each night. then in the afternoon we play soccer or volleyball, swim in the lake, sometimes ride the horses, or just talk with each other. it's a lot of fun! I wouldn't say it's church camp, since lots of people are invited that aren't necessarily part of our church, but it's very similar, and it's one of the highlights of my family's summer
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Kenric wrote:I'll be there for three months
O.o That's... a very long time. xD Wow.

Camp Decision for me. \:D/ Early morning prayer, breakfast, morning service, lunch, team competitions, chill time, dinner, night service, more chill time. Theme: "Forever Yours"

I can't wait. \:D/ Epic time with the youth group. (especially the van ride. gotta love those. ;) )
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Where I am from we just call it camp. ;)

I will once again make my voyage to staff at camp this summer.

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Are we talking about summer camps, or camping trips our church group takes? I'm confused...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I've going to The WILDS camp this summer. It also has 3-ish services a day (chapel, afternoon devotion, night preaching), but that's not all we'll be doing. They have lots of activities, outdoor games and places to snack. I'm looking forward to it because I have never been to a summer camp - ever! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

For your amusement... Rule Breakers (of church camp. ;) This is hilarious! :hilarious:

\:D/
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

:anxious: Uh-oh. Looks like I have a few things to work on. :-
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Does anybody go to Hidden Acres Camp? I do. It's a really cool camp.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

I've never heard of it.

I'm going to Bob Jones camp this summer! w00t! Anyone else going to be there?
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Steve

Post by Steve »

Dundermuffin wrote:Does anybody go to Hidden Acres Camp? I do. It's a really cool camp.
Oh yeeaaahhh. I'll be headed down there for a couple of weeks to totally own the camp! I get to work...on...the...youth...cleaning....crew....
he/him | a little stinker.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Steve wrote:
Dundermuffin wrote:Does anybody go to Hidden Acres Camp? I do. It's a really cool camp.
Oh yeeaaahhh. I'll be headed down there for a couple of weeks to totally own the camp! I get to work...on...the...youth...cleaning....crew....
Hey. Cleaning's good. If nobody cleaned, it would get pretty unclean. (well, yeah.) Speaking of which, along with one week of regular camp, I'll be doing a week and half on service crew (cleaning bathrooms, splitting logs for 6 hours a day, other random maintenance jobs, etc.) for my fourth year. \:D/
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
Steve

Post by Steve »

DanP740 wrote:
Steve wrote:
Hey. Cleaning's good. If nobody cleaned, it would get pretty unclean. (well, yeah.) Speaking of which, along with one week of regular camp, I'll be doing a week and half on service crew (cleaning bathrooms, splitting logs for 6 hours a day, other random maintenance jobs, etc.) for my fourth year. \:D/
Yeah! Homie! We are the cleaning crew dudes!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

One of my years I actually got out of most cleaning duty because I was with a crew helping cut up a huge tree (and I mean huge).
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Steve

Post by Steve »

Cool. Though I do have to admit, I won't be cleaning all the time, I get to do stuff like play obscene amounts of dodgeball and help out with kids activities, too.