aiosf

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Aslan
Smile for the camera

aiosf

Post by Aslan »

when will the aiosf have album review for along for the ride and no way out

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

It will when it does I guess. In other words I don't know, I thought it already did.
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

I don't think Shadowpaw puts a lot of stock in reviewing the Audio Series releases... he spends his time on episodes. His previous reviews are mostly an "average" of the star ratings he gave all the shows in that collection.

That's one thing lacking in the AIO online world -- comprehensive reviews of each Volume in the Audio Series. AIOHQ is a great place for old releases. But the official site now gives the best info on a new release, like these sections:

AIO #42
http://www.whitsend.org/littletheatre/nowayout/

AIO #43
http://www.whitsend.org/littletheatre/alongfortheride/

-king shasta
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

i like shadowpaws reviews its just that he has not gave a review to
along for the ride and no way out

JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Also rememeber that he has been very busy as of late, with this site especially. He has made mention before of some things being put on the back burner because of that. I'm sure the SF wil be updated soon, but give him time to catch up.

Starts protest on lack of updates. Get with it Shadowpaw! ;)
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

FreakyFreakABC wrote:Also rememeber that he has been very busy as of late, with this site especially. He has made mention before of some things being put on the back burner because of that. I'm sure the SF wil be updated soon, but give him time to catch up.

Starts protest on lack of updates. Get with it Shadowpaw! ;)
Yeah...we need to be patient. But, CrazyforJared you Shasta post the episode reviews for the albums (I think!). Or do you want an overall review of the albums as a whole?
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

you should check back every once and a while...
EugeneFan
OK

Post by EugeneFan »

I'm guessing that Shadowpaw just hasn't found the time to review those albums yet. As Shasta said, Album Reviews are probably not on his list of high priorities as far as his site his concerned. Follow the advice of those who posted before me and wait patiently :).
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

The album reviews (as has been pointed out) were never high on my priority list... in fact, I've actually thought about eliminating the "review" part of the albums altogether and replacing it with the Tyndale/Tommy Nelson brief overview, along with a simple rating (taken from the average of all the episodes found inside). Part of the problem is that I don't actually listen to the albums once I buy them. I hear them when they first air, buy the album, and put it in my collection.... but rarely do I sit down and listen to it until a year or two later when I've forgotten about the shows (little know fact, but I've only ever heard the Novacom saga once). So to review an album is somewhat redundant for me... unless I was to review the bonus features or presentation... since my opinion will be fairly close to the reviews of the shows themselves.

Kind of like a person who reviews a movie... they won't often re-review it once it's released on DVD or put into a "box set". But they may rate the quality of the video transfer and the bonus features.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

You must have a terrific memory. :)
shasta
My posts are revolutionary

Post by shasta »

:mecry:

;sniff; ... I miss the old days when AIOsf was updated a bunch.

-shasta
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

shasta wrote::mecry:

-shasta
Me too :sniff:

Actually, I expect an update... just around the corner ;).
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Shadowpaw wrote:
shasta wrote::mecry:

-shasta
Me too :sniff:

Actually, I expect an update... just around the corner ;).
Yeah an update around the corner!

Thanks Shadowpaw for all you do to make the ToO and AIOSF so enjoyable!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Miss AIOfan11 wrote:Yeah an update around the corner!

Thanks Shadowpaw for all you do to make the ToO and AIOSF so enjoyable!

While I would like to update the Soda Fountain as frequently as possible, it's not easy juggling the ToO, AIOSF, work, and school all the time. It's a labor of love... something I've learned over the years to prioritize in different ways to ensure I don't go insane.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Speaking of which, do you and Nathan plan on posting the results from the Spring 2005 Awards anytime soon? ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Speaking of which, do you and Nathan plan on posting the results from the Spring 2005 Awards anytime soon? ;)
How about 5 minutes ago? :-
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

wow i can't blive how two friends and a truck won best episode

Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

crazyforjared wrote:wow i can't blive how two friends and a truck won best episode
Me too. It certainly is deserving, but I was expecting A Most Intruiging Question to win.

-Jonathan
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

YAY!!! It's updated!!! Thanks Shadowpaw :hug:
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:
crazyforjared wrote:wow i can't blive how two friends and a truck won best episode
Me too. It certainly is deserving, but I was expecting A Most Intruiging Question to win.

-Jonathan
While "A Most Intriguing Question" was a major event, "Two Friends and a Truck" seemed to appeal to all of us as classic AIO. :) I think it's a testament to the fans that this show was voted the best. =D>