Auditions!!!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Honey Wheeler
OK

Auditions!!!

Post by Honey Wheeler »

Have any of you auditioned for a musical? What musical was it for? What was it like for you?

i have auditioned two times. Once cor a show called "Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang"(did not get in but saw the show. AMAZING!!!) The other was Charlie Brown. (got in and had the bset time)

I love words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
~Anne Rice
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

When I was younger, I was part of a homeschool group and we did a musical or play every year. Everyone was in it, but you auditioned for the part you wanted, and sometimes they'd adjust the part for you. I was in a few musicals, then some plays a little later. But I ADORE musicals and being in musicals...there's just something about them that's exciting and more dramatic than a normal play. I wish I was a better singer :( Then I could have tried out for some in college. I tried out for a play and ALMOST got in...but there were a ton of people also looking at my part who got called back too. :( I miss acting!
The musicals the homeschool group did were when i was on the younger side--I was 10 when we did Sound of Music...then Oliver...I was a little older for Cinderella and they took the singing out for my part, so it was perfect for me! That was my favorite year.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

At our old church they used to do musicals, everyone was allowed to be in them, but you had to try out to get specific parts (rather than just be singing in the chorus) I was in several and I had lots of fun! I even got the leading role in one of them. I remember we did the story of Esther, The Christmas story, Something based on the love of money is the root of all evil, (can't remember the name) and a few others. I miss those musicals now, but the church got a different childrens director (and pastor, and basically all new staff, it kind of went down hill so we left) and I was talking to somebody that goes there recently, and she said they don't really do musicals/plays anymore :( Acting if fun though!
Honey Wheeler
OK

Post by Honey Wheeler »

I do classes and plays with a place called the Christian Youth Theater(CYT for short) They do truly amazing plays one of wich was Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang(It was amazing how they put it on stage.) The CYT in my area has put on shows for 10 years.(Charlie Brown being the first south-side show) I really love acting and singing.

I love words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
~Anne Rice
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I have been a a few musicals. I had to audition for the part I wished to portray. Actually, this fall I will be in another musical. So, I am really excited about that. I also might audition for a play in January.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Honey Wheeler
OK

Post by Honey Wheeler »

Cool. I'm doing a summer camp for the musical called Wicked with the Christian Youth Theater. After that my family is giong to see the pllay!

~Anne Rice
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I was in a church musical a few years ago, but I was just in the choir so I didn't have to audition. It was for Vacation Bible School that year and I was one of the volunteers, so I just asked the guy who was directing the musical, "hey, can I be the choir?" And he said sure.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Gondorgirl
Gold Member

Post by Gondorgirl »

I have auditioned at least four times at our community theaters but they never let me in. Fortunately our church has an ever expanding drama group and we've done things like A Christmas Carol, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, It's a Wonderful Life, Sherlock Holmes and last Christmas we did the AIO episode Unto Us a Child is Born.
I believe that love is greater
Never ceasing, always hoping
Always just beneath the Dawn
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I was the lead in a musical called "Rocky Mountain Christmas" :yes:
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Gondorgirl wrote:... last Christmas we did the AIO episode Unto Us a Child is Born.
Was it put on youtube? I'd love to have seen that. :yes: I bet it was neat!

\:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

iluvsns wrote:
Gondorgirl wrote:... last Christmas we did the AIO episode Unto Us a Child is Born.
Was it put on youtube? I'd love to have seen that. :yes: I bet it was neat!
ditto! :yes: and It's a Wonderful Life and Sherlock Holmes sound really cool too \:D/

Till the end of the line.
Gondorgirl
Gold Member

Post by Gondorgirl »

http://www.youtube.com/user/TUMCDrama#p/u

The AIO play hasn't been uploaded yet, I'll work on that. ;)

Though we did send a copy to Focus on the Family, I believe that was part of the deal with them to get the rights to perform the script.
I believe that love is greater
Never ceasing, always hoping
Always just beneath the Dawn