What style music is your favorite??

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

What is your favorite style of music?

ScreamO
9%
Ska
9%
Country
5%
Jazz/Rhythmic/Blues
5%
Electronic
9%
Classical
5%
Hip Hop/Rap
9%
Rock
18%
Worship
14%
Other (post below)
18%

Total votes: 22

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Termite wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:What is Screamo and ska? I've never heard of those styles before.
Screamo:

And here's the lyrics just so you all know it's not demon music. ;) Love that song. \:D/
Hmmm, if I listened to that sort of music (apparently it's metalcore/southern rock (?)) for a while, I might actually like it. \:D/

I'd rather not take the chance. :-
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Eh. Southern rock? I've heard Third Day classified as such. xD I've heard The Showdown also classified as hard rock... yeah, metalcore. Either way, screamo is short for 'screaming', which is the way they're singing, JPrincess. :yes:

Oh, come on... you know you want to. :incnt:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Termite wrote:Eh. Southern rock? I've heard Third Day classified as such. xD I've heard The Showdown also classified as hard rock... yeah, metalcore. Either way, screamo is short for 'screaming', which is the way they're singing, JPrincess. :yes:

Oh, come on... you know you want to. :incnt:
I'm just going off what I read on JFH. And it does sound somewhat southerny to me. :-k

No, I don't know that. :noway: Besides, how would I ever sing along with that? I'd rather keep my clean singing vocals, thank you. \:D/
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

Southern Gospel :bounce: I've never heard of Screamo and Ska.
Last edited by odysseyfan1 on Mon May 09, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

odysseyfan1 wrote:Southern Gospel :bounce: I've never heard of Screamo and Ska.
What exactly is Southern Gospel? Is it similar to Gospel music? If so, I'm going to have to check it out because I love Gospel. It's pretty much all I listen too.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I like a variety...primarily rock, country, and hip-hop.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
odysseyfan1 wrote:Southern Gospel :bounce: I've never heard of Screamo and Ska.
What exactly is Southern Gospel? Is it similar to Gospel music? If so, I'm going to have to check it out because I love Gospel. It's pretty much all I listen too.
Really? Cool. What type of Gospel music? CCM or what? Have you ever heard of the Gaithers, Ernie Haase & Signature Sound, Hoppers? That's Southern Gospel.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... google.com
http://www.southerngospel.com/

Tell me if you like it. :D
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

This should answer it :

Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Wow, Screamo is definitely not my style! :)

odysseyfan1 wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:What exactly is Southern Gospel? Is it similar to Gospel music? If so, I'm going to have to check it out because I love Gospel. It's pretty much all I listen too.
Really? Cool. What type of Gospel music? CCM or what? Have you ever heard of the Gaithers, Ernie Haase & Signature Sound, Hoppers? That's Southern Gospel.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... ern_Gospel southern gospel&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

I like it!

I've never heard of any of those bands before, but I'm going to look them up and see if there's any of their music on Yourtube. I followed your links and I listened to some songs, I really like it! :) As for what we listen to, I don't know exactly what kind, but mostly to semi local bands, I'd say it's probably like bluegrass gospel/Old time Gospel. I really don't know.

quote tags fixed by Shennifer. If another mod can add who wrote what to the actual quotes, I'd appreciate it :) -- Done. -AE -- and fixed once again - ric
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

jazz and blues.

a lil jelly roll Morton Louis Armstrong Fletcher Henderson dizzy Gillespie Ella Fitzgerald. jazz.

blues. bb king, john lee hooker, jimmy smith, albert king.

basically if it was blues or jazz from before 1970 i like it. most modern music has ruined music for me.. so i still to stuff my grandparents would have listened to..
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

Jesus' Princess wrote:Wow, Screamo is definitely not my style! :)

odysseyfan1 wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:What exactly is Southern Gospel? Is it similar to Gospel music? If so, I'm going to have to check it out because I love Gospel. It's pretty much all I listen too.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... ern_Gospel southern gospel&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

I like it!

I've never heard of any of those bands before, but I'm going to look them up and see if there's any of their music on Yourtube. I followed your links and I listened to some songs, I really like it! :) As for what we listen to, I don't know exactly what kind, but mostly to semi local bands, I'd say it's probably like bluegrass gospel/Old time Gospel. I really don't know.

quote tags fixed by Shennifer. If another mod can add who wrote what to the actual quotes, I'd appreciate it :) -- Done. -AE
Well, they're typically not called bands. Quartets, Trios, or family groups. But yeah, there's a ton of music on Youtube (Legacy Five, Greater Vision, Signature Sound MANY more groups) Also, some groups have their music on their websites. :yes:
fixed quote tags - aussie aio fan
Last edited by odysseyfan1 on Wed May 11, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

*off topic slightly* Thanks, AE, for fixing who wrote what on the quotes :D Being a first time mod, I didn't know how to do that

Till the end of the line.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Shennifer wrote:*off topic slightly* Thanks, AE, for fixing who wrote what on the quotes :D Being a first time mod, I didn't know how to do that
Sorry about that, I'm still figuring out the whole quote thing :)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Shennifer wrote:*off topic slightly* Thanks, AE, for fixing who wrote what on the quotes :D Being a first time mod, I didn't know how to do that
Oh, that's perfectly fine :) gives me something to do ;)

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Jesus' Princess wrote:Wow, Screamo is definitely not my style! :)

ric wrote:Really? Cool. What type of Gospel music? CCM or what? Have you ever heard of the Gaithers, Ernie Haase & Signature Sound, Hoppers? That's Southern Gospel.

I like it!

quote tags fixed by Shennifer. If another mod can add who wrote what to the actual quotes, I'd appreciate it :) -- Done. -AE
Uh, actually, I didn't say that. :anxious:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

*gulp* oh....heh I guess I messed something up then :anxious: What did you say? I (or perhaps another mod) could fix it again.

No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I'd say probably romantic, but I like a lot of types of music. I also enjoy saying "What's broke with baroque?"

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Shennifer wrote:*gulp* oh....heh I guess I messed something up then :anxious: What did you say? I (or perhaps another mod) could fix it again.
Never mind, I got it. No problem. :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Shennifer wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
Oh, that's perfectly fine :) gives me something to do ;)
...and it also gave me something to do. ;) It only takes three of us to make a coherent post!

On topic, I love epic, fun, sad, classical, inspiring and powerful music. \:D/ No rock, rap, pop or otherwise.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Instrumental/orchestra music can be great, if you find a really powerful/inspiring piece. :yes: I have a special fondness for this song in particular: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Movie soundtracks are especially great, too.
Last edited by Amethystic on Thu May 12, 2011 12:07 am, edited 4 times in total.