Great Ways to Get Free Music Downloads Legally

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Great Ways to Get Free Music Downloads Legally

Post by King Butter Turtle »

A case could certainly be made for this going in Finnemens, so if the mods deem that the better fit, feel free to move it. :)

Anyway, what are some legal ways you know of for getting free music downloads. I got some a few months ago by earning tickets (or whatever they call them) by playing games at clubbing.com (the url is hilarious, right? but, it's supposed to be club Bing- hehe) but, apparently, that's no longer available as a prize. :( And, just today I found out that my local library has this thing where, if you have a library card, you can download up to three songs for free every week. You'll have to see if your library participates but, here's the link.

Are there other decent ways of which you know?
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Oh yeah, my library has Freegal too. It's awesome.

There's this site, noisetrade.com, where indie artists upload their music and you can download it for free, or with a donation.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com gives away some free music. I've downloaded some of it in the past.
he/him | a little stinker.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Oh, and there's this Christian record label called Come&Live. They offer all of their music for free download. There's some really good stuff on there. Some of it is a bit blunt though. comeandlive.com
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Recent Rainfall has some free music that's good, from what I've seen. \:D/
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

Download a program called Realplayer, go to artists website, click "play" on their MP3 player, (if they have one) right-click on the player and click the "Download Video" button. This doesn't work on all players, but it does on a lot of them. This download option also works great on Pandora.com.

Download "StationRipper", follow the instructions, you can record up to two radio stations at a time with the free account.

Download "Freecorder," record internet radio, Grooveshark, ect.

DON'T USE TORRENTS!!! (unless you live in Canada, which I believe is maybe legal there) :D

That's how I've gotten much of my music, although I do now buy new CD's too.