Father Gilbert Mysteries

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

Have you heard it?

Yes :yes:
74%
No :no:
26%

Total votes: 19

Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Father Gilbert Mysteries

Post by Parker Family »

Has anyone heard Father Gilbert Mysteries before? :-k
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

No, but I want to.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Green Ring
Gold Member

Post by Green Ring »

No I have NoT. What is it?
This Banner Is FREE
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Its an audio drama made by Focus on the Family. An Anglican priest (who was a detective before) solves mystery dealing with material as well as spiritual things.
Last edited by Parker Family on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I have indeed! I believe I've heard all of them except Dead Air which is for really mature audiences. (16+)

They are really excellent stories. :)

\:D/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have heard one I think. I own them on CD so I can listen to them anytime I want.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I own all of them and the only ones I have not heard was

The grey lady and
Dead Air. Otherwise I have listen'd to them all! I really like "A soul in torment". That is my favorite one.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I've heard all of them. And I thought they were great.

For those of you who want something a bit more mature than Odyssey, ya, Father Gilbert is for you.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I have all the Father Gilbert volumes except volume 1. However, the library has that one, so I've heard those episodes as well. \:D/ Sometime I want to buy it, when I was buying the other ones it was "out of print" so to speak.
I liked them all except The Grey Lady - it was just weird, in my opinion. :anxious: But I don't believe that there are such things as ghosts of the dead, so it was just creepy to hear that and it be treated as real.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I'm confused. So, there's 4 volumes and they each have 2 episodes?

'Cause I got a volume from the library that had all of them, I think. :-k
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

There are 4 volumes, with varied numbers of episodes. One has 3, the rest have 2.

Image Image
Image Image
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I love Father Gilbert Mysteries. \:D/ I own all of them. :yes: They remind me of my childhood. :inlove:
Last edited by Amethystic on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

How long is each episode?
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

King Butter Turtle wrote:How long is each episode?

I am guessing here because it has been a long time since I've listened to RT, so I would say that each episode is maybe 30 minutes long. Of when the episodes aired on the radio there were commercials. With the CDs you don't have that obviously.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Nah... they're longer than that, I think.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Amethystic wrote:Nah... they're longer than that, I think.
Are they? I'm really not sure. I'll have to listen to one and see how long they are. I never paid attention to it.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

If there are only two (or three) episodes per volume, I doubt they're only a half hour. $16 for one hour of entertainment? That's a little much. Based on what little I know about them, I think the stories are more in-depth than that as well. They're more like radio theater than Adventures in Odyssey. Of course, I don't know what I'm talking about so, we'd have to hear from an expert to know for sure.

I've never heard these but, I'm thinking about checking them out from the library and listening. The thing is, I want to listen to them in order (or, maybe that's not as important?) and I can't tell from their online catalog which ones they have. I know FOTF puts out a lot more quality radio drama than just AIO so perhaps I should venture out a bit more. ;)

'So perhaps'? That sounds funny. :-k
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

If you count The Play's The Thing, Parts I & II as two separate mysteries, there are ten in total, and each averages just a minute over an hour long. For those who haven't heard them before, Tyndale is rereleasing them this fall. I can't recommend this package highly enough.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

You can get the box set exclusively at Good Steward Books right now!
http://www.goodstewardbooks.com/c/index ... ts_id=7342

I wish they had bonus features for this release. :(
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I like the cover. It's better than the covers on the sets currently available. If I did not already own them, I would buy the set. Although who knows, I may buy it anyway for backup.