New Britney Spears album 'Femme Fatale'!!!

Have to heard it???

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Over the Rainbow wrote:1. B&B is probably my favorite Disney soundtrack. I was in the show and we performed it over a dozen times, but I'll never tire of hearing the Prologue music. Currently, I'm going through an obsession with all things pertaining to Victor Hugo, hence, my 'Hunchback' craze.

And that's marvelous that you're a Disney Cast member! I've always wanted to be a Disney princess myself. :D

2. I don't mind the girl herself, but I despise her song. It's so annoyingly catchy, though. I find so much pleasure in dancing around the house yelling "Fried eggs! Fried eggs!" obnoxiously. :lol:
I had the great pleasure of meeting Paige O'Hare (the speaking and singing voice of Belle in the film) a few months ago at work, and she COULD NOT have been nicer. Honestly, the most spectacular person you can imagine. She was with her family. They rode the ride that I work at. :-)

I've also met Anika Noni Rose (speaking and singing voice of Tiana), Jodi Benson (speaking and singing voice of Ariel), and I NEARLY got to meet Mandy Moore (speaking and singing voice of Rapunzel) but missed her by about 15 minutes cause I was on my break :-(

I suggest looking up 'Susan Egan' on iTunes, and downloading/listening to her 'Live!' album. She played Belle in the original Broadway run of BatB, and also did the voice of Meg in 'Hurcules'. In her live album, she performs SEVERAL Disney songs, and does them magnificently. She also does a very emotional version of 'God Help The Outcasts'.

I also quite enjoy the soundtrack to 'Enchanted' (great movie too btw), 'The Princess and the Frog', and 'Tangled'.

The Kings Daughter wrote:Woah there guys! ;)

Might I remind you all of something before you continue on? \:D/
Shadowpaw--ToO Rules wrote:The Town of Odyssey has a very diverse group of people from different countries, religions, and backgrounds. Please avoid rude and/or derogatory comments about other people and their ideas or opinions, even if you disagree with them. If you do disagree with a statement , certainly feel free to respectfully respond, but please avoid an argumentative and rude spirit.
Please keep this in mind as you continue on this subject. ;) You're allowed to disagree, but please do so with respect. :)
Thanks TKD! What a lovely and fair mayor we have. :D

Shadowfax wrote:Shadowpaw is the man. \:D/
Even if he doesn't care enough about us to come here anymore. :(

Again, back on the topic.......

Is there anyone who has ACTUALLY heard her new album who would like to give their opinion of her new style?
Last edited by AIO Psyche on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Amethystic wrote:
Over the Rainbow wrote:
Jelly wrote:I actually listen to soundtracks too. :P An epic soundtrack beats pop music for me any day.
Agreed. I'd rather listen to The Lord of the Rings soundtrack anyday over whatever pop is being played on the radio. :razz:
QFT. Soundtracks are awesome.
Totally agreed \:D/ I love the LOTR soundtrack
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Mark Prescott wrote:
Jelly wrote:
Also... what are 7-10 year old kids doing on the internet? :-s
This.
Yeah...... I kind of hope they discover all sorts of terrible things to teach their parents a lesson. >_>
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah...... I kind of hope they discover all sorts of terrible things to teach their parents a lesson. >_>
.............aaaaand with one single post, the hate has now been shifted from AIOP to The Top Crusader!

*hides behind bush to watch the imminent backlash* =P~
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I have yet to see someone add something meaningful to my original post, if I do say so myself. \:D/
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

RIC! HOW DARE YOU PUT WORDS IN OTHER PEOPLE'S MOUTHS?!?! :x

*cough* Anyway. Pop needs to die. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

We need to pop one to pop. :cool:
Last edited by Amethystic on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random
It’s my birthday

Post by Lee »

:huh: Come again?

\:D/
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

iluvsns wrote::huh: Come again?
Indeed :-s
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

*cough* Erm, anyways...
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

AIO Psyche wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah...... I kind of hope they discover all sorts of terrible things to teach their parents a lesson. >_>
.............aaaaand with one single post, the hate has now been shifted from AIOP to The Top Crusader!

*hides behind bush to watch the imminent backlash* =P~
Who's hating on Top?
ric wrote:I have yet to see someone add something meaningful to my original post, if I do say so myself. \:D/
it was so complete in and of itself that no one has been able to come up with anything to match it...
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

SoccerLOTR wrote: Who's hating on Top?
The IRS. :(
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Lady Gaga thread effect part 2?
AIO Psyche wrote:
Is there anyone who has ACTUALLY heard her new album who would like to give their opinion of her new style?
I can't say I heard her new album (just because I don't want to waste money on it >_>) but I personally dislike her new song "Hold it against me" greatly. Horrible lyrics and the over dose of auto-tune. Heck the part where she vibrates hurts my ears. When I first heard the song I thought a female robot was singing (it one does exist). I mean is it really necessary to use auto-tune? The fact that she can actually sing correctly without it is what irritates me the most.

I have heard her old songs in her album "Oops I did it again". The song I thought was pretty well done was the song "Lucky" which talked about a girl named Lucky who has everything like fame and money but was still never happy or never could find the happiness she wanted.

So in other words no, I didn't listen to any other of her new songs on the last album. However I'm just asking if there are any good songs in her album that actually has her singing without any voice manipulation effects with it?
The Top Crusader wrote:
Uh oh, someone hasn't been paying their taxes #-o
ric wrote:First argument:

BRITNEY SPEARS IS A SINNER AND IS GOING TO BURN IN HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO HER MUSIC!!!

Opposing argument:

YOU'RE A CLOSEMINDED HATEFUL BIGOT WHO DESERVES TO BE INSTITUTIONALIZED!!!

Done and done. \:D/
LOL, don't we all learn from history. Epic post is epic.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

the irs hates everyone top.

come look at my company if you need further proof..

i dont mean to sound old.. but when did miss spears become relevant in pop again?

her putting an ablum out is like when bon jovi did no one cared about the new songs.. they all wanted the old stuff.

my opinion.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

ALL EYES ON ME IN THE CENTER OF THE RING JUST LIKE A CIRCUS.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random
It’s my birthday

Post by Lee »

Over the Rainbow wrote:
1. B&B is probably my favorite Disney soundtrack. I was in the show and we performed it over a dozen times, but I'll never tire of hearing the Prologue music.
I was at the library, and saw the b & b soundtrack. Remembering this post, I got it. Can't wait to listen! :D

:offtopic2:

\:D/
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

The Top Crusader wrote:
meh, me too. I just did taxes and while almost everyone else is getting a return check, I have to pay them. Thankfully only about $12, but still...it was not very thrilling. :?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

SoccerLOTR wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:
meh, me too. I just did taxes and while almost everyone else is getting a return check, I have to pay them. Thankfully only about $12, but still...it was not very thrilling. :?
I don't *owe* them but because my college messed up some stuff I only get a tiny return instead of the giant one I was expecting. ;)

To stay on topic... OOPS, I DID IT AGAIN! I PLAYED WITH YOUR HEART! etc, etc HIT ME BABY, ONE MORE TIME! as it were.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Cbriggs45 wrote:i dont mean to sound old.. but when did miss spears become relevant in pop again?

her putting an ablum out is like when bon jovi did no one cared about the new songs.. they all wanted the old stuff.

my opinion.
Untrue. Her new album, and singles, are climbing the charts. That's the beauty of Brit; everyone had written her off, and she comes out with this FIERCE album and surprises everyone.

And have you actually listened to any of her new stuff? Cause if you haven't, I fail to see how you can form an opinion of it. #-o
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

you fail to forget opinions are subjective to the opinion giver.

i think if i go any futher with this i'll just be feeding that mythical creature that lives under bridges.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.