New Britney Spears album 'Femme Fatale'!!!

Have to heard it???

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

American Eagle wrote:Dude... don't listen to it. >_> The album title is "Femme Fatale" which basically means prostitute... pretty fitting.

To the conservative Christians hanging around here, just ignore this thread. Don't both posting "I don't think Spears is Biblical", because we all know she isn't, and AIOP just wants to have fun mocking you. It's called trolling.
:shock: Now now, is that any way for a member of the mod team to talk about a member? :-k

See, AE gets the point of this thread. Except for one small fact. I don't have to make fun of anyone, nor do I make fun of anyone. Reading peoples reactions is enough for me.

Besides, listening to Britney and other 'sinful' artists is just as bad as lying or cheating or any other sin in God's eyes. So, in a sense, you are a hypocrite. Isn't religion fun? \:D/

Btw, got 'Hold It Against Me' bumping in the background. I'm so bad. :lol:
Last edited by AIO Psyche on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

I have one thing to say.

:roll:

that is all. ;)

Slice me and dice me all you want. :x
Last edited by Joanne on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

AIO Psyche wrote:
American Eagle wrote:Dude... don't listen to it. >_> The album title is "Femme Fatale" which basically means prostitute... pretty fitting.

To the conservative Christians hanging around here, just ignore this thread. Don't both posting "I don't think Spears is Biblical", because we all know she isn't, and AIOP just wants to have fun mocking you. It's called trolling.
:shock: Now now, is that any way for a member of the mod team to talk about a member? :-k
Trolling can't be taken lightly. :P
AIO Psyche wrote:Besides, listening to Britney and other 'sinful' artists is just as bad as lying or cheating or any other sin in God's eyes. So, in a sense, you are a hypocrite.
True. However, no one creates threads like, "I LOVE LYING AND CHEATING! YOU ALL SHOULD TRY IT!" And basically, you just admitted listening to Spears is sinful. >_>
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

American Eagle wrote:To the conservative Christians hanging around here, just ignore this thread. Don't both posting "I don't think Spears is Biblical", because we all know she isn't, and AIOP just wants to have fun mocking you. It's called trolling.
THIS.

I LOLed when I saw the title of this thread, because I instantly knew who had posted it and what the replies would be. ;) It's actually too bad that we can't have a decent discussion about pop culture figures like Lady Gaga or Brittney Spears. Most of the 'conservative Christians' on this board somehow seem to enjoy displaying their ignorance without being able to offer any legit arguments, and only focusing on the negative side of everything. And on the other side, we have AIOP, who is thriving off their ignorance and earning 'LULZ' from watching you all rant. Definition = troll.

So ya, this thread should have just been locked after ric's post. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Jelly wrote: So ya, this thread should have just been locked after ric's post. \:D/
This. \:D/

That post summed up the whole thread.
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Joanne wrote:I have one thing to say.

that is all. ;)

:shock: :anxious:

No thanks, you seem like someone that would take my head off........:anxious:

;)

American Eagle wrote:Trolling can't be taken lightly. :P
AIO Psyche wrote:Besides, listening to Britney and other 'sinful' artists is just as bad as lying or cheating or any other sin in God's eyes. So, in a sense, you are a hypocrite.
True. However, no one creates threads like, "I LOVE LYING AND CHEATING! YOU ALL SHOULD TRY IT!" And basically, you just admitted listening to Spears is sinful. >_>
My dear, dear AE, did you fail to see the quotes around the word 'sinful'? See that? I just did it again. It's sarcasm. Personally, I do not feel the same way so e of the members here do. Does that make either opinion invalid? Not at all. Again, people who CHOOSE to put themselves into this thread and then get themselves all tied up in knots is amusing to me. I posted this thread cause I genuinely like Britney's new album. Some people don't agree with her and her 'sinful messages' (notice the quotes again? Ok, just making sure......), and that's ok. But when that person CHOOSES to post here and get themselves in a tizzy, well, I can't help that. I can, however, find amusement in it. I have not made fun of or ridiculed anyone. I am arguing my side of the debate, but that it is. So, if you take that as 'trolling', then maybe you should reevaluate your understanding of message board mechanics. :-k

Bottom line, I do enjoy Britney, and genuinely wondered if anyone else has heard or likes her new album. Everyone posts threads about movies and music they like, why can't I? I am legitimately carrying on a conversation about the artist and the music. So what if I can get a laugh or two from reading things that other people post at the same time? I fail t see how I'm a troll. I post in other topics, and contribute legitimate posts to this site, like everyone else. It seems to me that people don't like the fact that I am open about my love of some secular artists, and that means that I'm trolling. Doesnt make sense to me.

Anyways, back on topic, I do feel like Britney released this album to combat Gaga. So yes, maybe she sold herself out to the latest craze, but boy, what a fun, addictive way to sell yourself out! :)
Last edited by AIO Psyche on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

AIO Psyche wrote:
Joanne wrote:I have one thing to say.

that is all. ;)

:shock: :anxious:

No thanks, you seem like someone that would take my head off........:anxious:

;)

American Eagle wrote:Trolling can't be taken lightly. :P
My dear, dear AE, did you fail to see the quotes around the word 'sinful'? See that? I just did it again. It's sarcasm. Personally, I do not feel the same way so e of the members here do. Does that make either opinion invalid? Not at all. Again, people who CHOOSE to put themselves into this thread and then get themselves all tied up in knots is amusing to me. I posted this thread cause I genuinely like Britney's new album. Some people don't agree with her and her 'sinful messages' (notice the quotes again? Ok, just making sure......), and that's ok. But when that person CHOOSES to post here and get themselves in a tizzy, well, I can't help that. I can, however, find amusement in it. I have not made fun of or ridiculed anyone. I am arguing my side of the debate, but that it is. So, if you take that as 'trolling', then maybe you should reevaluate your understanding of message board mechanics. :-k

Bottom line, I do enjoy Britney, and genuinely wondered if anyone else has heard or likes her new album. Everyone posts threads about movies and music they like, why can't I? I am legitimately carrying on a conversation about the artist and the music, yet I'm the troll? Seems kinda backwards to me.

Anyways, back on topic, I do feel like Britney released this album to combat Gaga. So yes, maybe she sold herself out to the latest craze, but boy, what a fun, addictive way to sell yourself out! :)
Are you a Christian AIOP? ( just wondering )
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I happen to know that posting here is dangerous, but I have to say this.

AIOP, why is ignorance bad? I don't need to study Spears to know she's a woman who has no Christian morals. I'd definitely find out a lot of stuff that wouldn't be helpful to me if I researched her. I really am politely asking you to have a mod delete or lock this topic, because we have 7-10 year olds on here. We shouldn't be telling them how "great" Spears music is. There are so many wicked things in it that kids shouldn't be hearing.

\:D/
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

iluvsns wrote:I happen to know that posting here is dangerous, but I have to say this.

AIOP, why is ignorance bad? I don't need to study Spears to know she's a woman who has no Christian morals. I'd definitely find out a lot of stuff that wouldn't be helpful to me if I researched her. I really am politely asking you to have a mod delete or lock this topic, because we have 7-10 year olds on here. We shouldn't be telling them how "great" Spears music is. There are so many wicked things in it that kids shouldn't be hearing.
There are threads about Twilight and Harry Potter here; should we delete those as well? Some might argue that those aren't suitable for young kids. Where do you draw the line?

And where exactly did I mention anything about ignorance? That was the user Jelly that mentioned 'ignorance'.

And to answer the other question, I absolutely believe in God. Have been saved since I was very young. I just have a slightly different outlook on the world than some.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

iluvsns wrote:AIOP, why is ignorance bad? I don't need to study Spears to know she's a woman who has no Christian morals. I'd definitely find out a lot of stuff that wouldn't be helpful to me if I researched her. I really am politely asking you to have a mod delete or lock this topic, because we have 7-10 year olds on here. We shouldn't be telling them how "great" Spears music is. There are so many wicked things in it that kids shouldn't be hearing.
Ignorance isn't 'bad', but passionately stating an uneducated opinion is less then smart. ;) You may have your morales figured out, but you need to stop assuming that most other people agree with you and attempting to tell everyone what's right for them. I'm politely asking YOU to ignore threads like this if you can't offer anything more then opinionated hate. Everyone knows your stance on these things already, so it shouldn't be too hard to simply not post in these topics, eh?

Also... what are 7-10 year old kids doing on the internet? :-s
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Jelly wrote:
This.
American Eagle wrote:
Mark Prescott wrote:I'm not a huge fan of Britney Spears, but I'm going to hold my judgement until I hear the album.
Dude... don't listen to it. >_> The album title is "Femme Fatale" which basically means prostitute... pretty fitting.
Ever heard the episode of AIO about Rodney putting out all that accordion music? You shouldn't judge things until you've experienced them. Even with Britney Spear's past record.
Last edited by Mark Prescott on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Mark Prescott~
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Mark Prescott wrote:
Jelly wrote:
This.
Thread win! \:D/ \:D/

American Eagle said it best. If you don't like/agree with this artist, then stay out of the thread. He made a very valid point.

If I read a thread title for the tv show 'Criminal Minds' (I don't enjoy the show personally), I'm not gonna take time out of my day to go int the thread and engage in a debate wh YOU shouldn't like the show. Forget the fact that how I feel about the show has NOTHING to do with you. I don't like the show for whatever reason, so its my personal responsibility to show you the light?? I'm sorry, not only is that incredibly presumptuous, but its flat out rude. I would NEVER have the nerve to tell someone that they are wrong or silly for liking a tv show or music artist.

Do you guys now understand why I find so much amusement from this?? :lol:

Again, BACK ON TOPIC, I actually didn't care for the video for 'Hold It Against Me'. Again, it just seemed like Brit was trying to capitalize on Gaga's success. It wasn't terrible, but it didn't seem like a huge creative leap for her. Then again, Britney has always relied on her producers to save her. Brit doesn't exactly have the strongest voice in the world, but where this album succeeds is having FUN. It's fun, insanely catchy pop music. Isn't that what the point of pop music is?

All in all, I really feel like the album is fun, addictive, and VERY danceable. Which is what I like in pop music. :-)
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

As of late, I've developed a tendency to avoid mainstream pop music. With the exception of 'Friday' by Rebecca Black. \:D/ \:D/

I've heard 'Femme Fatale' but I don't really care for it. My taste in music is rather...unconventional. :razz: I'd rather have me some Les Miserables or listen to Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame soundtrack. :yes:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I actually listen to soundtracks too. :P An epic soundtrack beats pop music for me any day.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Jelly wrote:I actually listen to soundtracks too. :P An epic soundtrack beats pop music for me any day.
Agreed. I'd rather listen to The Lord of the Rings soundtrack anyday over whatever pop is being played on the radio. :razz:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Over the Rainbow wrote:
Jelly wrote:I actually listen to soundtracks too. :P An epic soundtrack beats pop music for me any day.
Agreed. I'd rather listen to The Lord of the Rings soundtrack anyday over whatever pop is being played on the radio. :razz:
QFT. Soundtracks are awesome.
Last edited by Amethystic on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Over the Rainbow wrote:As of late, I've developed a tendency to avoid mainstream pop music. With the exception of 'Friday' by Rebecca Black. \:D/ \:D/

I've heard 'Femme Fatale' but I don't really care for it. My taste in music is rather...unconventional. :razz: I'd rather have me some Les Miserables or listen to Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame soundtrack. :yes:
1. Being a Cast Member at Walt Disney World, I LOVE a good Disney soundtrack. 'God Help The Outcast' is an AMAZING song. :D

Personally, I prefer the soundtracks to 'Beauty and the Beast' and 'The Little Mermaid' over 'Hunchback', but as I said, 'God Help The Outcast' is an epic song. :D

2. You.........like......Rebecca Black?

Personally, I prefer Justin Bieber over her. And that's saying a lot, cause I don't particularly care for Bieber. 0_o
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

AIO Psyche wrote:
Over the Rainbow wrote:As of late, I've developed a tendency to avoid mainstream pop music. With the exception of 'Friday' by Rebecca Black. \:D/ \:D/

1. Being a Cast Member at Walt Disney World, I LOVE a good Disney soundtrack. 'God Help The Outcast' is an AMAZING song. :D

Personally, I prefer the soundtracks to 'Beauty and the Beast' and 'The Little Mermaid' over 'Hunchback', but as I said, 'God Help The Outcast' is an epic song. :D

2. You.........like......Rebecca Black?

Personally, I prefer Justin Bieber over her. And that's saying a lot, cause I don't particularly care for Bieber. 0_o
1. B&B is probably my favorite Disney soundtrack. I was in the show and we performed it over a dozen times, but I'll never tire of hearing the Prologue music. Currently, I'm going through an obsession with all things pertaining to Victor Hugo, hence, my 'Hunchback' craze.

And that's marvelous that you're a Disney Cast member! I've always wanted to be a Disney princess myself. :D

2. I don't mind the girl herself, but I despise her song. It's so annoyingly catchy, though. I find so much pleasure in dancing around the house yelling "Fried eggs! Fried eggs!" obnoxiously. :lol:
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Woah there guys! ;)

Might I remind you all of something before you continue on? \:D/
Shadowpaw--ToO Rules wrote:The Town of Odyssey has a very diverse group of people from different countries, religions, and backgrounds. Please avoid rude and/or derogatory comments about other people and their ideas or opinions, even if you disagree with them. If you do disagree with a statement , certainly feel free to respectfully respond, but please avoid an argumentative and rude spirit.
Please keep this in mind as you continue on this subject. ;) You're allowed to disagree, but please do so with respect. :)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Shadowpaw is the man. \:D/