To date, or not to date?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
SoccerLOTR wrote:I think the part about money is important for long-term relationships. Here is why: If one person has liberal spending habits and the other is very conservative in spending, there can end up being some BIG money arguments, especially if the couple doesn't make a lot of money. Money issues can destroy a marriage if both people don't have a similar view of how much money should be spent on various things. Once your resources are pooled together, your life depends on each others' ability to save enough money to get by, and if one person has crazy spending habits, there can be some big trouble. I know a couple who is struggling with that right now, and it is frustrating to see :(
Yes, for example, since I think all money is evil ;) , any girl who likes shopping and/or stuff can't marry me.

:-k

...Maybe I should join a monastery. :-
Pretty much! :hilarious: Question of the day: According to Bernard, do you think you would you look better than Eugene with a monk haircut? :p
King Butter Turtle wrote:
Amethystic wrote:Just to clarify, were you talking about the ushy-gushy kissing-type smothering, or the hold-a-pillow-over-her-face-until-she-stops-moving type smothering? Because I thought you meant the latter. :anxious:
I'm totally imagining AE in a booth in a restaurant with his girlfriend stuffing a pillow in her face while his sister sits on the other side watching. :lol:
I definitely had a momentary picture of that as well...And I seriously LOL every time I picture it. :lolsign:
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

odysseyfan1 wrote:We don't technically date til we're older. But yeah dating's fine. (Just don't be kissing and going overboard) :D
There's a difference between 'kissing' and 'going overboard'. ;)
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Jelly wrote:
odysseyfan1 wrote:We don't technically date til we're older. But yeah dating's fine. (Just don't be kissing and going overboard) :D
Yes one refers to an act between two people lips and the is nautical reference for falling off of a ship ;).

jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

31899 wrote:
Jelly wrote:
Yes one refers to an act between two people lips and the is nautical reference for falling off of a ship ;).
That too. ;)
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I don't think I'll be falling off a ship when I get a girlfriend...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

...unless she pushes you. :-
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

Jelly wrote:
Um, not really. :lol: You shouldn't exactly be kissing the first night out together.

-- 09 Apr 2011 05:23 pm --
31899 wrote:
Jelly wrote:

Haha, well you would be right there. (And to clarify, I don't neccesarily think it's sinful or wrong to be kissing while you're still dating, but it can be foolish if you're not going to marry the person.)
Last edited by odysseyfan1 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

He's not saying they would kiss on the first night, just saying that there's a difference between a chaste kiss on the lips and making out. ;)

As for me and dating, I don't plan on dating for another few years... I see no point. I'm not ready to get married. =P And when I AM, that doesn't mean I WILL start dating... all in God's timing.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

Termite wrote:He's not saying they would kiss on the first night, just saying that there's a difference between a chaste kiss on the lips and making out. ;)

As for me and dating, I don't plan on dating for another few years... I see no point. I'm not ready to get married. =P And when I AM, that doesn't mean I WILL start dating... all in God's timing.
Hmmm...maybe. But yeah, leave it in God's hands :D
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

31899 wrote:
Jelly wrote:

Thanks for clarifying! :lol:
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

LJ Gibbs
29K to go!

Post by LJ Gibbs »

See this why you shouldn't be dating and kissing on a ship. Because you won't pay any attention to where you're going and you'll fall overboard.

The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are right, showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes.
God's reputation is twenty-four-carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee.
The decisions of God are accurate down to the nth degree.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

LJ Gibbs wrote:See this why you shouldn't be dating and kissing on a ship. Because you won't pay any attention to where you're going and you'll fall overboard.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Jelly wrote:
LJ Gibbs wrote:See this why you shouldn't be dating and kissing on a ship. Because you won't pay any attention to where you're going and you'll fall overboard.
Hmm...good thing they weren't kissing there...they would have fallen overboard and ended the movie well before the ship sank! :-

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

It's Leonardo DiCaprio's fault the Titanic sank. :(
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Amethystic wrote:It's Leonardo DiCaprio's fault the Titanic sank. :(
Steve

Post by Steve »

You have to agree on things to have a relationship. And you need a common intrest. (Like the Rathbones) Such as two people who love music would go great together. Or, two people who just love academics (also known as mega-nerds \:D/ ) will mesh. You need to have a relationship before you start dating. And don't date in Middle School. That's just stupid. The guy can't protect you real well if his voice hasn't changed yet. (So, Selena will need to postpone marrying Justin...)
he/him | a little stinker.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Termite wrote:making out
Yet another thing that I have never heard defined...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

SoccerLOTR wrote:
Jelly wrote:
Hmm...good thing they weren't kissing there...they would have fallen overboard and ended the movie well before the ship sank! :-
Haha, yeah! :D
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

DanP740 wrote:
Kissing for a long period of time? ;)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Jelly wrote:
DanP740 wrote:
Kissing for a long period of time? ;)
Watch too much iCarly, then you'll figure it out. Not that I have, but one of my friends has.
he/him | a little stinker.