What do you think the world will be like in 100 years?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Moontide
No way I broke the window

What do you think the world will be like in 100 years?

Post by Moontide »

What do you think the world will be like in 100 years? :-k
this is my sig, but it is not attached by default, because I think I am too good for a signature all the time, or something. (More likely something).
I am totally not a sockpuppet of Marvin D.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

I think the world will end before that time or close to it.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Well, technically the world can't end since Christ rules on the earth for 1,000 years or something like that :- But I'm pretty sure by that time what's been written in Revolutions would either already be completed (minus the 1,000 reign, etc) or in the middle of it.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

I meant that the Tribulation would happen before or close to a hundred years.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

We would all most likely be dead.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The world will be a giant Odd Lots, and it will be awesome.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I don't really worry about it. I'm not gonna live to be 114.

\:D/
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

I won't worry about it ether, but it can be fun to speculate. I think that (assuming that a large disaster doesn't happen) that computers because more powerful, 3D printers will be come cheaper, and there still won't be a manned base on the moon.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Well, I wouldn't be alive... :-| But, I have some speculation. New technology making bio-implants that would identify you. :-k
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I think that PC's won't be used much anymore, most of the technology will shift to more smaller devices. Also, I believe that there will be furniture and everything that you can just get out a water hose and spray down with water to clean it all!!! And I think that people are going to be making taller buildings, unless there is a big disaster that wipes out a lot of people because then we wouldn't need to worry about land use. There probably won't be as many of species of dolphins. Know something really sad, so when I was 7 my favorite animal was the Yangtze river dolphin.
Wasn't it pretty? Well anyways, about a couple years later it went extinct!!! I cried. So I think that in the next 100 years more animals will be going extinct. Hopefully not cows though cause I love steak. Have you ever thought about steak? The juicy tenderness of it all...mmm. But you know it doesn't taste quite as good as I imagine it to. It smells amazing though!!! Yum yum yum.
Also, I believe that people will be wearing minimal clothing. Hemlines have consistently gotten higher (and lower) so I don't really forsee any change with that statistic. But who knows, it would be nice if I was wrong.
I also see there being a country called Ayralee. It'll be after I've taken over the western hemishpere and even though I'm dead my descendents will reign as rulers.
Also, I don't think that there will be roads. I think we'll all have magnetic airplanes (the magnets are there so they can repel eachother and not crash obviously) and we'll fly everywhere. Either that or super fast subways.
Yeah, I could go on and on and on about this, but I won't right now.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I think there's a chance we could all still be alive...lifespans are getting longer, and with even more medical advances, people could start living to 150 yrs old!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

SoccerLOTR wrote:I think there's a chance we could all still be alive...lifespans are getting longer, and with even more medical advances, people could start living to 150 yrs old!
Genesis 6:3: "And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years." The record age is right around 120 years. Somehow, I doubt we will suddenly begin living beyond that mark. ;)

In 100 years (assuming Jesus won't return by then, which He probably will), radio will be gone, television and the internet will have merged into a new "entertainment system" that has full music, movies, "internet", games, etc. The "internet" (as we know it) won't be a collection of websites, but will be a big connected database.

We will have flying cars. They will be auto-piloted; simply type in your destination and the car will get you there without interfering with other cars (because the next generation of computers will be faster than the human eye). Also, many other human tasks will be run by computers; waiters, cashiers, mechanics, etc.

Everything will be sleeker, smaller, faster and enable us to work less to get everyday tasks completed. Dream big. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

iluvsns wrote:I don't really worry about it. I'm not gonna live to be 114.
We may not live to see the world in one hundred years, but our children and their children will. Shouldn't we be concerned for their sake?
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah I don't think we will get the flying cars that Back to the Future II promised us by 2015, but in a 100 years it will at least be more likely. ;)

If anything, I don't think we'll be driving cars in 100 years, BECAUSE WE WILL BE DEAD! :x But I don't think the living people will, either--the Google Drive thing should be perfected in well under 100 years.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Sapphire wrote:
iluvsns wrote:I don't really worry about it. I'm not gonna live to be 114.
We may not live to see the world in one hundred years, but our children and their children will. Shouldn't we be concerned for their sake?
Yes...

I believe technology will continue getting smarter. :D THAT I'm certain of. :yes: Other than that, I don't know...

\:D/
Steve

Post by Steve »

Google and Apple will be at war to see who can rule the world. Let me just say, that the oooos are goin' down down down... :lol:
he/him | a little stinker.

Post by 31899 »

In the next one hundred years their will most likely be another World War. After this war faster than light travel will be completed and people will start exploring the stars. Over the next 200 years I think we might start seeing some nation continents.

Moontide

Post by Moontide »

I think that PC's won't be used much anymore, most of the technology will shift to more smaller devices.
I am now sure about. I don't want to give up my nice big screen and keyboard.
After this war faster than light travel will be completed and people will start exploring the stars
I doubt it. Current physics says FTL travel is imposable, and do you have any idea how much energy it would takes just to get to 1/10 of c?
More info

Post by 31899 »

You're limiting yourself by the technology that exists today.

Last edited by 31899 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

No, The problem is that according to physics, it takes an infinite about of energy to pass the speed of light. Now let us suppose that some how someone made a why to go 5 times the speed of light. A trip to Alpha Centauri would still about take 10 months. Also remember that according to physics, if one goes faster than light (some how), one goes back in time, and that can mess up causality. \:D/

No matter how advanced ones technology is, one still can't breaks the laws (or theories) of physics.