Ask Ma Ma rad...

Please don't ask me to spell anything...

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

What was your favorite pastime as a young child?
What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve done lately?
Are you more of a morning or a night person?
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Danadelfos wrote:What is something you have learned in the last 5 years that you would tell your younger self?
If you spent the day in NYC what would you do?
If you were telling someone what to do in NYC if they were visiting it for the first time what would you tell them to do?
1. I wish I could tell myself to chill on the things I don't already know.
2. Right now I wanna head to NYC to be with my new niece. But their lockdown has been extended to mid-June.
3. I would tell them to take a full day for the Statue of Liberty or just look at it during a free ride on the Staten Island Fairy. Buy food and other items in the outer boroughs when you can because it will be cheaper than buying in Manhatten. The Top of the Rock and the Empire State building cost the same but the view and expire on the Top of the Rock is better. Don't stay in Manhatten. Stay in outer boroughs. Brooklyn's Prospect Park and Manhatten's Central Park have the same designer and even he thought Prospect Park was the better park and he was so right.
KnittingFun14 wrote:What was your favorite pastime as a young child?
What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve done lately?
Are you more of a morning or a night person?
1. It was reading. I wanted to learn and escape my then very boring life.
2. I think using my mortar and pestle when a recipe called for a food processor. The two give different textures to the types of paste they produce but I've never regretted using the mortar and pestle.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

Is there anything you would recommend people NOT do when visiting NYC? (besides what you mentioned previously)
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

ByeByeBrownie wrote:Is there anything you would recommend people NOT do when visiting NYC? (besides what you mentioned previously)
Don't stop in the middle of Grand Central Terminal. All the non-torists are rushing around to get to their places and will keep going whether you're in their way or not. Also don't spend your entire trip in Manhatten. Don't try to park your car in Manhatten; you can't afford it. Don't forget to cross bike lanes with the same caution as a street with cars. Avoid using yellow cabs.

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

If you had to make a charcuterie board, what would you put on it?
Do you like rollercoasters?
What is the best thing about working at a pharmacy?
Also, what is the hardest thing about working at a pharmacy?
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Danadelfos wrote:If you had to make a charcuterie board, what would you put on it?
Do you like rollercoasters?
What is the best thing about working at a pharmacy?
Also, what is the hardest thing about working at a pharmacy?
1. Coming up with a charcuterie board was hard because of my renal diet but I would start with low sodium Triscuits and pitta, sun-dried tomatoes, apples, almond butter, and Baby Bells.
2. Yes
3. Being part of the health solutions for patients while not being sueable for malpractice.
4. Insurance setting high prices, getting blamed for things I can't control (price, laws etc.)

Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

What's the best way to deal with whiny/upset customers?
If you could visit anywhere in Asia where would you go, and what would you do?
Which Avatar: The Last Airbender Nation do you belong in?
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Which mythical creature would you like to be?
Do you play any musical instruments?
Can you sing?
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
ByeByeBrownie
I've been here a bit

Post by ByeByeBrownie »

Which Muppets character are you most like?
Brownie has a knack
for writing superb haikus
she cannot be stopped
~Pengwin
KnittingFun14
Processing
Post by KnittingFun14 »

What’s your favorite thing you own and why?
What's your go-to dish when you have to make dinner?
Would you rather never be able to eat warm food or never be able to eat cold food?
What’s a food you’ve never had but you want to try?
I normally go by N on the chat, but it's actually short for...
"No, John, I can't marry you. Why? Because my father won't let me. He says you're not good enough for me, John.
Yes you have big muscles and know how to run a farm, but I need a man that can give me the moon.
You are not the sun. I am." -Pengwin
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Danadelfos wrote:What's the best way to deal with whiny/upset customers?
If you could visit anywhere in Asia where would you go, and what would you do?
Which Avatar: The Last Airbender Nation do you belong in?
1. Remind them I'm bound by laws because most things that get patients panties in a not I can't help them with by law. No more refills? Call your doctor as I can't dispense without a prescription. Long line? Ok not a legal issue but you can come work here and fix the understaffing issues. (That's how I got started doing this. It didn't fix the understaffing.)
2. I would love to go to Japan and do 2 things. a) Go to the church started by my pastor's son-in-law in the rural mountains. b) Go to a Godzilla convention.
3. Fire nation
Kaida wrote:Which mythical creature would you like to be?
Do you play any musical instruments?
Can you sing?
1. A unicorn
2. I used to play piano but I haven't had access to a keyboard since I got married. I have a mandolin but only recently got it from my old place and can hardly keep it in tune.
3. Yes, both alto and soprano.
ByeByeBrownie wrote:Which Muppets character are you most like?
I'm Beaker. I'm in a stem field but not respected properly for it.
KnittingFun14 wrote:What’s your favourite thing you own and why?
What's your go-to dish when you have to make dinner?
Would you rather never be able to eat warm food or never be able to eat cold food?
What’s a food you’ve never had but you want to try?
1. Sir is my favourite thing to own :anxious:
2. Onions and peppers in tomato sauce over pasta.
3. I have issues eating fries once cold for some reason. Also, I dare anyone to eat (not drink) ice cream warm.

Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

What's your favorite type of cookie?
Do you think kids should have smartphones?
Do you plan to stick around the ToO after social distancing/quarantine gets less strict?
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Petrichor wrote:What's your favorite type of cookie?
Do you think kids should have smartphones?
Do you plan to stick around the ToO after social distancing/quarantine gets less strict?
1. Macadamia nut
2. It depends on what the kid needs it for. I had political gigs before I was 18 so GPS became important since I was travelling all over the NYC.
3. Yes. I've still had my job this whole time.

Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

How do you deal with hard emotions, talk to people about them, just sit with them, etc?
Cold beach or warm beach? I.e. Maine beach vs Florida beach
What is your favorite emotion?
What's something you would do different than your parents when raising children?
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Danadelfos wrote:How do you deal with hard emotions, talk to people about them, just sit with them, etc?
Cold beach or warm beach? I.e. Maine beach vs Florida beach
What is your favorite emotion?
What's something you would do different than your parents when raising children?
1. I have learned that I'm not the best at knowing if I'm even having difficult emotions. So Sir asks me what's wrong and I can take as long as 24 hours of psycho annalizing myself to figure what is wrong. Talking to anybody other than God during this time usually isn't helpful since it is all in my heart and God sees that much better than any human.
2. I'm going to say warm because the "beaches" of Nova Scotia are not impressive. The water is so cold and the coast is so rocky and not sandy.
3. My favourite emotion is sadness. From there you don't have to fear the other emotions taking its place or feel the over encumbering pressure of ambition. From sadness, God's path can speak without my pride drowning Him out leading to His peace in His timing.

Some psychologist would be overjoyed to see this post and poke at me further I know it.

Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

What's the most challenging thing you've ever taught yourself to do?
Do you like Reddit? (I was personally sad to see so many message boards passed over in favor of Reddit. I don't really like Reddit at all, but I was curious what other people's opinions might be.)
Brownies or blondies? With or without ice cream on top?
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

If you could choose one emotion that you would never have again, what emotion would that be?
If you could know three languages fluently which three would they be?
Who is your favorite actor/actress?
How many cats is too many cats?
What is something you would want written in your obituary?
What is something you would want to see while out on a walk that you have never seen before?
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Petrichor wrote:What's the most challenging thing you've ever taught yourself to do?
Do you like Reddit? (I was personally sad to see so many message boards passed over in favor of Reddit. I don't really like Reddit at all, but I was curious what other people's opinions might be.)
Brownies or blondies? With or without ice cream on top?
1. Allegation alteration. I learned it for my National Certification exam but it is never used in basic retail pharmacy. Basically, if a doctor orders a compound of 45% solution of med but the pharmacy only has 12% and 50% ready in the pharmacy, the formula informs the compounding pharmacist or tech how much of each solution to use to get 45% as the doctor ordered.
2. I do like Reddit but I'm not hanging out on the "normal" boards. My favourite boards are r/Christianmarriage, r/endometriosis, r/pharmacy, r/pharmacytech, r/[my employer], r/askDocs, r/noburp, and r/legaladvice. It is nice to have everything in the same place and customise it for my interests. Who else has my exact mix of followed boards? Likeky no one.
3. Brownies. Unfortunately, I can't have ice cream.

Danadelfos, I will get to you tomorrow. I ran out of time tonight and have a job interview in the morning.

-- Fri May 29, 2020 10:31 am --
Danadelfos wrote:If you could choose one emotion that you would never have again, what emotion would that be?
If you could know three languages fluently which three would they be?
Who is your favorite actor/actress?
How many cats is too many cats?
What is something you would want written in your obituary?
What is something you would want to see while out on a walk that you have never seen before?
1. I would never want to feel guilt again.
2. I'll take a)English (a freebie), b) Spanish (I need to prove I'm Hispanic sometimes), and c) Hebrew
3. I really don't have one though admittedly I would like to hang out with Zackary Levi as he is peek nerd.
4. I don't think you should have any more than 2 per litter box. Experts disagree with me and stay 1 per floor, per cat, +1. So the question really should be how many littler can you put in your house and how many are you willing to change.
5. I would like Gospel included so as many can follow me as possible and maybe something about my pernil being missed at Thanksgiving.
6. Parents letting their kids play without fear without it being because of neglect.

Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

What is your favorite genre of music?
Favorite artist?
What is your favorite book of the Bible?
How did your interview go?
Do you like interviewing?
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Danadelfos wrote:What is your favorite genre of music?
Favorite artist?
What is your favorite book of the Bible?
How did your interview go?
Do you like interviewing?
1. Metal with Celtic influences.
2. Thomas Kinkade :p
3. Ruth
4. The interview went well. I have my second interview on the 9th.