Which of the seven Narnia Book is your favorite?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Which two are your favorites?

The Magicians Nephew
19%
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
19%
The Horse and His Boy
23%
Prince Caspian
No votes
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
15%
The Silver Chair
8%
The Last Battle
15%

Total votes: 26

Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

So far, the polls show that Prince Caspian has not been voted a favorite by anyone.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Wow, I'm amazed by that. :-k I thought it was fairly popular.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Trixie Belden wrote:
Parker Family wrote:
takeitfromthetop wrote:Ha yeah no kidding! I liked the Silver Chair. ( has anybody listen'd to the Focus Radio adaptions? Good stuff.
Yes, it is awesome. Highly recommended.
Yes, they're really good. Aslan's voice is not the best, but everyone else they got down pat. I also like how accurate and close to the book they are.
They got most of it according to the book. They did a great job in making it. \:D/
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

The Kings Daughter wrote:Wow, I'm amazed by that. :-k I thought it was fairly popular.
I just don't care for it that much. Yes, Caspian is definitely one of my favorite characters, but this book feels a bit a disjointed in places. It doesn't have a good plot line, and it feels like everything is resolved much too quickly. The Pevensies are plot devices and absolutely nothing else. It's not at all a bad book, but it's not nearly as good as say, The Last Battle.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

The Radio theatres version had to stay accurate. C.S. Lewis' stepson was working with those people. In fact he was the announcer.

And you're suppose to read it in publishing order :x That's how it was originally read.

And those aren't even the original covers :noway: Those are the new ones to match the radio drama covers.

And as for my favorite book...I'm not sure what it is. all I know is it is not Prince Caspian or The Silver Chair.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

C. S Lewis said himself, after the entire series was published, that he preferred it to be read in chronological order, whichi is the order that most of the new copies are published in today.

Also, why don't you like the Silver Chair? It's an incredible book with incredible messages about obedience, forgiveness, and holding fast to ones beliefs.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I like it :-s It's just not my favorite. Those two books I mentioned are my least favorite but I love all the books.
And I read it in the publishing order, just like the people who read it when they first got published ;) In fact I didn't realize there was another order until a few years ago. I just prefer it that way and I was joking about how everyone should read it like that ;)
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

The Horse and His Boy.. but I've only heard the FOTF drama, never read the book. They are very similar though. I love it when Rabadash turns into a donkey. Its hilarious. And I like King Loon. (I have no idea how to spell that)

\:D/
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

anyone out their whose favorite is Prince Caspian?
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I love the Magician's Nephew! Can you imagine being there at the Creation when everything is coming into place just by the sound of God's voice?!
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

montywhittakerIII wrote:I love the Magician's Nephew! Can you imagine being there at the Creation when everything is coming into place just by the sound of God's voice?!
I like how focus on the family made the Magicians Nephew as a radio drama.
It was AWESOME!
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I used to love the Silver Chair, but when I went back and read it a couple years ago it was nothing like I remembered...so I'm not as much a fan as I used to be. And likewise I didn't like The Magician's Nephew years and years ago, but now I really like it...
So now it is a tie between Magician's Nephew and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, probably.
I NEVER understood why people liked The Last Battle...I'm surprised it has so many votes here.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

SoccerLOTR wrote:I used to love the Silver Chair, but when I went back and read it a couple years ago it was nothing like I remembered...so I'm not as much a fan as I used to be. And likewise I didn't like The Magician's Nephew years and years ago, but now I really like it...
So now it is a tie between Magician's Nephew and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, probably.
I NEVER understood why people liked The Last Battle...I'm surprised it has so many votes here.
When I read the Last Battle, as a Christia I feel HEAVEN is real and I am going to be with Jesus forever. Listen to Focus on the Family radio adaption and It makes it seem even MORE REAL.
Last edited by Parker Family on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Hmm...I'll have to listen...it doesn't seem super real just reading the books to me. However, one reason I hate it is because of the whole deal with Susan and having her being lost in the end...makes me too depressed and I tend to want to throw the book across the room at C.S. Lewis and tell him that he must have been having a mental breakdown when he wrote that into the story. Lol.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

It is sad that Susan is not their but it shows that if we forsake Christ, there are punishments.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I do believe that Susan has a chance to get to Narnia. She didn't
die with the others
, so she's still living in our world. I believe that Aslan would allow Susan into Narnia, as long as she believes deep down. To me, Susan put up her barriers when Aslan sent her and Peter out of Narnia in Prince Caspian. I think she was a bit resentful that they had to leave the best place on earth, and to make herself feel better, she gradually blocked Narnia out, including her memories of that place.
Also, there are many little signs all along that Susan would "forget". For instance, in Prince Caspian, she is the last one to see Aslan and disbelieves Lucy. Just little things like that.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Trixie Belden wrote:I do believe that Susan has a chance to get to Narnia. She didn't
die with the others
, so she's still living in our world. I believe that Aslan would allow Susan into Narnia, as long as she believes deep down. To me, Susan put up her barriers when Aslan sent her and Peter out of Narnia in Prince Caspian. I think she was a bit resentful that they had to leave the best place on earth, and to make herself feel better, she gradually blocked Narnia out, including her memories of that place.
Also, there are many little signs all along that Susan would "forget". For instance, in Prince Caspian, she is the last one to see Aslan and disbelieves Lucy. Just little things like that.
J. K. Rowling, author of Harry Potter, said that C. S. Lewis was sexist against the female gender because he didn't let Susan go to Aslan's country in the Last Battle.

I agree with Trixie Belden if only J. K. Rowling read what she said.
Last edited by Parker Family on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.