Goof Alert!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Goof Alert!

Post by Steve »

I was thinking it'd be fun to put all of the little goofs in Odyssey and the Official Guide into one spot. Here's one I found:

From The Official Guide

Well, it's a goof alert in a goof alert. Seriously. The Guide says:
In the episode "Kids Radio" Sherman tells Whit that he's tested the old radio tubes and five still work! Then he bumps them off the table and we hear three break and he announces only one works.

Heavily Abridged from the Official Guide
Well, Mr. Hoobler, we hear four. One is just very close to the one after it. So Sherman is now vindicated.

So what are some you have found?
Last edited by Steve on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | a little stinker.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

The Official Guide only has Doug's last name spelled MacIntosh for "Amazing Grace" but has McIntosh for "When...in Doubt Pray", "Arizona Sunrise", "The Sunrise." Or is it a goof???
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I love Goofs. We have cassette taps and the episode, "Have you no Selpurcs?" is spelled, "Have you no Selpurks?" Which would mean that scruples was spelled skruples. :lol:

\:D/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

In the Official Guide, it says under album 23 that Jack has only ever mentioned that one time that he has grandkids. However, in "Seeing Red", Joanne says "You talk about the weather, are you getting tired of me?" and Jack says "I'm also a grandfather." There may be another reference to grandkids I'm forgetting, but obviously I've forgotten if there is one...
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

In episode #302, "Share and Share Alike", Jack has several "World's Best Grandpa" mugs.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

In The Green Ring Conspiracy Pt. 1, Eugene says that he was the cause of the last plane crash in Odyssey, 7 years ago. However, 7 years ago (from the release date of March 12th, 2011) Eugene wasn't in Odyssey. He was gone, hoping to return to Odyssey after Novacom.
he/him | a little stinker.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Well the mugs in "Share and Share Alike" are that originally mentioned "only" place where it says he's a grandfather. So if there's another, then it's different than the mugs of "Seeing Red"
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

This is a potential goof: I noticed in most early episodes previous to Just Say Yes, that any mention to a zoo, is referring to specifically to the Connelsville zoo. Which at that episode, the Mulligans adopt the animals to their farm. However in a more recent episode with Wooton...(name escapes me.....probably because I have this wicked cold...) He says that he changes his mail route to go through the zoo. For this not to be a goof, it means one of three things: 1. That the zoo he's referring to is the muligan farm, which is in the country outside town, and would not be a faster route. 2. Odyssey recently got a zoo unbeknownst to us.
Or A 3rd option is that Odyssey zoo has been here all along. If that were the case wouldn't Jason and Tasha, (in Love is in the Air) and The Barclays (in Our Best Vacation Ever) have gone to the Odyssey zoo instead of Connelsville zoo? Course it could be that Odyssey zoo is smaller, and less interesting than the Connelsville zoo and everyone just prefers it over Odyssey.
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

Oh, Jason, why do you have to be so smart? ;) Yes...that is a tad strange. :yes:
Love You, Lee! :hug:
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Also, in the episode where Eugene and Bernard visit the small town... It's name escapes me, Eugene tells the young boy they have no zoo in Odyssey.
~Mark Prescott~
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Second Thoughts is the name. I have always wondered about that.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Me also. I just listen'd to that in the car when we were taking my sister to dance and told my dad and siblings that. Ah AIO fans! :)
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:In the Official Guide, it says under album 23 that Jack has only ever mentioned that one time that he has grandkids. However, in "Seeing Red", Joanne says "You talk about the weather, are you getting tired of me?" and Jack says "I'm also a grandfather." There may be another reference to grandkids I'm forgetting, but obviously I've forgotten if there is one...
The guide says:
Official guide wrote:In Share and Share Alike, Jack mentions that he has 20 mugs that say "World's Greatest Grandpa". So far we've still never heard anything about his children on the program, let alone his grandchildren. Maybe he's a collector.
So the goof isn't in the fact that he's only mentioned one time. The goof is the fact that the guide says that he says he has 20 mugs, but in that show he says I'll donate 12 mugs. He doesn't say 20.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

But it meant so far, as in up to this current point in time that the book was written, not when the episode aired, and Seeing Red definitely happened before the Official Guide, so there's 2 goofs.

In the chapter on Album 1, it says that dress codes are never mentioned at Whit's End again after "Connie Comes to Town", but in "Under the Influence, Part 1", Erica says "nice hat" to Aubrey on her first day working there.