New Lady Gaga single 'Born This Way'!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I saw Amazon has the entire album to download for 99 cents today... but that is too expensive for me. :(
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

The Top Crusader wrote:I saw Amazon has the entire album to download for 99 cents today... but that is too expensive for me. :(
She's gonna sell 15 million records the first week.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

...probably not. Since like the past 4 years or so the best selling album of the year was under 5 million and either way I don't expect it to outsell Tha Carter IV anyway...that's this years most anticipated album.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

EK wrote:...probably not. Since like the past 4 years or so the best selling album of the year was under 5 million and either way I don't expect it to outsell Tha Carter IV anyway...that's this years most anticipated album.
...........the relatively limited appeal of rap/hip hop will prevent ANY album of that genre from attaining mass success like this album will. 'Born This Way' debuted at number 1, let's see how this album does.
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

When a month later Jason Aldean and Justin Moore are selling more cds on iTunes than Gaga, it must mean something right? As in Gaga's cd isn't nearly as epic as thought to be in the beginning?.. Just an idea... (Side note Aldean's new CD isn't all that great either). Granted one of her songs is ranked higher in the top 100 songs, but those change literally all the time. IE BS's song Honey Bee was like 15 two days ago when I bought it now its 9, or Dia Frampton was 5 and is now 23.
All in all Gaga is just another annoying pop singer who in a few years will fade away just like Brittany Spears (to a large extent) or any other fad over the past few years.
It's the bands like The Beatles, Chuck Berry, Oasis, and Otis Redding who stick around for years because they've made music that is epic and worth listening to years later. (Oasis is no longer a band so technically they fit in that description now).
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Liz_Horton wrote:When a month later Jason Aldean and Justin Moore are selling more cds on iTunes than Gaga, it must mean something right? As in Gaga's cd isn't nearly as epic as thought to be in the beginning?.. Just an idea... (Side note Aldean's new CD isn't all that great either). Granted one of her songs is ranked higher in the top 100 songs, but those change literally all the time. IE BS's song Honey Bee was like 15 two days ago when I bought it now its 9, or Dia Frampton was 5 and is now 23.
All in all Gaga is just another annoying pop singer who in a few years will fade away just like Brittany Spears (to a large extent) or any other fad over the past few years.
It's the bands like The Beatles, Chuck Berry, Oasis, and Otis Redding who stick around for years because they've made music that is epic and worth listening to years later. (Oasis is no longer a band so technically they fit in that description now).
In at the few short months it's been out, she has already sold over 4 million copies. Sounds like it's more than just a 'fad' or something.

So, after being out for a few months, has anyone's opinions of Gaga changed? Anyone like the album? 'The Edge Of Glory'? Anyone like?

I'm currently writing an album review. And it's not 100% positive, which may shock you guys. But I still feel like it's one of the best albums I've heard in years. Check it out!!
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

AIO Psyche wrote:In at the few short months it's been out, she has already sold over 4 million copies. Sounds like it's more than just a 'fad' or something.
She said fade out in a few years...like Brittney Spears...and that wasn't supposed to rhyme. :noway: All in all, it's time that is the true test...not a few months, but 10 years from now will she still be in the spotlight? 30 years from now? Can her music stand alone without the good looks, outlandish clothes, and controversy? That's what will show if she's really good. She has a good voice, no doubt, but her songs have to be equal if not better for them to stand the test of time. :-

As for my opinion of her latest song "Edge of Glory"...it remains similar to many of her songs. Catchy, but not amazing.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)