New Lady Gaga single 'Born This Way'!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

AIO Psyche wrote:
Anyways, back to the topic of the thread, who is excited for her next single 'Judas'??? From what I've heard, it's a classic Gaga song in the spirit of 'Bad Romance' and 'Poker Face'. People that have heard the new single say it'll be a bigger hit than 'Born This Way' was. Which will be quite a feat!

Gaga is currently filming the video for 'Judas', and her comments on Twitter indicate that she feels the video for the song is the best work of her career thus far. So excited..........:D
OOhh.... Looking forward to that. You're right, it will be quite a feat to beat "Born this Way" I kinda liked that song.
~Mark Prescott~
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I hope not. Poker Face was such a terrible song :( Do you even know what it is about?!?
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

thegreenringC wrote:I hope not. Poker Face was such a terrible song :( Do you even know what it is about?!?
A friendly game of poker with friends? O:)
Last edited by AIO Psyche on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Lady Gaga wrote:It's about a lot of different things. I gamble but I’ve also dated a lot of guys who are really into s-- and booze and gambling, so I wanted to write a record my boyfriends would like too.
'nuff said. Aww... I liked that song 'till I found out what it was about...
~Mark Prescott~
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Mark Prescott wrote:
Lady Gaga wrote:It's about a lot of different things. I gamble but I’ve also dated a lot of guys who are really into s-- and booze and gambling, so I wanted to write a record my boyfriends would like too.
Annnnnnnnd, how is that bad? #-o
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Mark... defending yourself won't get anywhere. I promise you. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Huh? Defending myself? I was actually saying "Aww.. Too bad that artists these days come up with a great tune, then put bad lyrics." I actually don't really listen to lyrics of songs, just the music, so when I saw the lyrics, I decided it was a song not worth my time.
Last edited by Mark Prescott on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
~Mark Prescott~
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

American Eagle wrote:Mark... defending yourself won't get anywhere. I promise you. ;)
I'm not so sure, it's gotten us 13 pages of fun filled humor! \:D/

You wanna know something sad though? Only prolly 6 pages total of the thread actually have to do with Lady Gaga. :lol:
Last edited by AIO Psyche on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

AIO Psyche wrote:
Mark Prescott wrote:
Annnnnnnnd, how is that bad? #-o

Are you serious?
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

thegreenringC wrote:Are you serious?
I dont think I stuttered. ;)
Steve
No way I broke the window
It’s my birthday

Post by Steve »

Even after reading AIOP's non-valid arguments. I would still blast my ska over a poop pop song any day.

Hoorah for Five Iron Frenzy! \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

AIO Psyche wrote:
iluvsns wrote:But you think your opinions are always right. And to honest, at some points during the discussion, you haven't really had the right attitude. Plus, if this is supposed to be a kid-friendly website, you really shouldn't be advertising a song that promotes the decaying society we live in. I won't listen to that music. Ever. And I think you should respect other people's belief.

*walks out*

And I'm not posting in here again.
If you honestly had that much of a problem with her and her music, then why do you insist on continuing to post and stay in the thread? See, it's posters like you that entertain me.

You say things like 'respect other people's beliefs'. Guess what? You don't have to post in or read this thread. Plain and simple. You choose to keep coming back. You keep choosing to post. That's why I love this thread. People CHOOSE to get themselves worked up!! I don't really have to do anything! You do all the work for me!! \:D/

And lastly, YOU feel like that song 'promotes the decaying society we live in'. Just like I feel like Lady Gaga is a great artist. We are all entitled to opinions.

And if you don't agree with this thread and the opinions in it, then guess what? Don't post.

Just my two cents. :)
Dude, I don't have a problem with you liking Lady Gaga's music, or discussing it on this board. People have their opinions and are allowed to argue and debate, which is often fun. And you're right, if you don't agree with this thread, you don't have to post. However, I do believe respect is a theme that is promoted throughout the entire website here, and is a big part of this community, no matter what thread you are in, and I agree with iluvsns that you have not been the most respectful of others. Argue, believe they are wrong, whatever, but don't mock or trivialize their strong beliefs against Lady Gaga or secular music.

Back to the topic...I liked Bad Romance and Poker Face a lot better than Born this Way (it gets on my nerves--way too repetitive)...Not a fan of the lyrics of them, and I generally don't listen so much to the pop hits with autotune and the like, but I do admit they are catchy. Hoping the new song will be a little more like the older ones and not just repeat the same phrase over and over again.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

I'm not sure whether I need to start a new topic, or if this is a general "Lady GaGa" topic, but I just am so thrilled with "Judas". It is amazing! I can't stop playing it!Please no one get on me about how sacrilegious it is, because I have yet to interpret the lyrics.
~Mark Prescott~
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

Steve wrote:Even after reading AIOP's non-valid arguments. I would still blast my ska over a poop pop song any day.

Hoorah for Five Iron Frenzy! \:D/
if i had a million toO dollars i'd give them to you. not because im a ska fan because im not nor ever will be.

but this generally was the only good thing other then the huge amount of trolling this topic has brought the world.

seriously steve you should be user of the month IMHO
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

thegreenringC wrote:I hope not. Poker Face was such a terrible song :( Do you even know what it is about?!?
I didn't quite like that one too much myself... I listen for lyrics most of the time, and that one was... off. Haha, Bad Romance always gives me a laugh because it was on Chuck. Otherwise, occasionally I'll turn it on. Depends on my mood.

But, yes, I really like Born This Way. :) Not that I haven't said that before. lol. I just wanted to keep with the times... whatever that is in this topic.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
I didn't quite like that one too much myself... I listen for lyrics most of the time, and that one was... off. Haha, Bad Romance always gives me a laugh because it was on Chuck. Otherwise, occasionally I'll turn it on. Depends on my mood.

But, yes, I really like Born This Way. :) Not that I haven't said that before. lol. I just wanted to keep with the times... whatever that is in this topic.
:D

Have you posted in the 'Gaga Hat' thread??? It's one heck of a read. :pray:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

The Top Crusader wrote:
That's awesome.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Now that the album is officially out (I've had it for about a week....) what is everyone's verdict? Anyone hear it yet?

It's brilliant. Like, prolly the best album I've ever head. I cannot express how fabulous and epic the whole thing really is.

Have a listen.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

It is the worst thing in the world!!!!
Terrible.
Last edited by Anna><> on Mon May 23, 2011 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.