New Lady Gaga single 'Born This Way'!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

That cover is like 20 times better then the original. I've come to the realization that I really don't like Gaga's voice. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

iluvsns wrote:
Termite wrote:
iluvsns wrote:You know what... I know deeds dont affect your getting into Heaven. I mean BAD deeds make it so you don't go to Heaven. Salvation is the only way to God. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

:offtopic:
One more off-topic post.

Darlin, just cause someone does 'bad deeds' doesn't mean they WON'T be in Heaven. Perhaps they are saved then haven't really had a fully changed lifestyle. Doesn't mean they won't make it. It says our works will be tested in fire- some will withstand, others will burn. But it doesn't say that those who burn don't make it. As... Moody? quoted once, "When I get to Heaven, I will be surprised to see some of the people I do, and suprised to not see some I thought I would". (and that is a really rough quote. =P Sorry. I can try to dig it out of my literature book if I need to.)

/

Hmmm... I know one thing. Sins that are unforgiven can't go to Heaven. Sure, God can and will forgive any sin. He is a merciful God. But we can't presume on His infinite mercy to carry us to Heaven. We have to live as Christians, every day willfully saying "no" to sin.
I know I'm just getting more off-topic, but does this mean that if I die in the middle of telling a lie that I won't go to heaven, because I wasn't able to ask forgiveness yet? Or if I get done with an argument, walk away angry and get killed in a drive-by shooting, I won't go to heaven? Yes, we must say "no" to sin every day, but we still aren't perfect.
Steve wrote:
iluvsns wrote:So, Steve, if I say that all (for example) Country music is sinful, why is that bad? If I'm basing it on what God has showed me will keep me out of Heaven.

My only goal is to live every day, doing the things that will keep me close to God and take me to Heaven when I die. That's it. So I wouldn't say that people who are obeying God have stupid opinions.
Uh-your deeds on earth aren't going to affect if you get into heaven or not-your faith in God and repentance will.
Deeds aren't part of salvation, but they SHOULD be important to all Christians, as by them, we show who we are and whether or not we have been changed by God's grace. As it says in James 2: Faith without action is dead. If we don't show some evidence of change in our lives, are we really Christians? If we don't even try to do what is right?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

They should be important, but not foremost in our lives.
he/him | a little stinker.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Helovesus wrote:I like this cover...It doesn't have the things I don't like about the other one.
You mean the references to gays and lesbians? :-s

Or maybe you don't like the beat? Yes, that must be it. :lol:
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Steve wrote:They should be important, but not foremost in our lives.
What should be foremost in our lives?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

SoccerLOTR wrote:What should be foremost in our lives?
Staying on topic in a thread. \:D/
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

Haha. I've had this song stuck in y mind for a while now.
~Mark Prescott~
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

AIO Psyche wrote:
Helovesus wrote:I like this cover...It doesn't have the things I don't like about the other one.

I like the fact that the people in that video had clothes on...
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Ayralee wrote:
AIO Psyche wrote:

I like the fact that the people in that video had clothes on...
Exactly. \:D/
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Ayralee wrote:I like the fact that the people in that video had clothes on...
What does that have to like that version of the SONG, not the video? You said you liked that version better. You mentioned nothing of the video.........

I love this thread. \:D/
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

AIO Psyche wrote:
Ayralee wrote:I like the fact that the people in that video had clothes on...
What does that have to like that version of the SONG, not the video? You said you liked that version better. You mentioned nothing of the video.........

I love this thread. \:D/
Actually, Ayralee is not the same user as Helovesus. ;)

Ayralee was making a non-related comment, not about the content of the song, but that of the video.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

ric wrote:Actually, Ayralee is not the same user as Helovesus. ;)

Ayralee was making a non-related comment, not about the content of the song, but that of the video.
To be perfectly honest, I have had nothing but immense entertainment from this thread since I posted it. Nearly 13 pages later, and still providing top notch enertainment! This thread truly is the gift that keeps on giving!!! \:D/ \:D/

I love how a topic about Lady Gaga could go on for 13 pages. Only on the ToO. :lol:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

And only cause you continue to disagree with everyone instead of letting them moan, in which case it would eventually die out. ;) But that's just what makes you you, I guess. \:D/
Last edited by Termite on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Termite wrote:And only cause you continue to disagree with everyone instead of letting them moan, in which case it would eventually die out. ;) But that's just what makes you you, I guess. \:D/
Ahhhhhhhh, but you see, therein lies the tale!! I enjoy egging this thread on. Again, people's reactions are hysterical.

But, I suppose by exposing my secret motives, maybe the fun might stop :(

Then again, this is the ToO. Who am I kidding! It'll keep on. Page 20 or bust!! \:D/
Last edited by AIO Psyche on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

But you think your opinions are always right. And to honest, at some points during the discussion, you haven't really had the right attitude. Plus, if this is supposed to be a kid-friendly website, you really shouldn't be advertising a song that promotes the decaying society we live in. I won't listen to that music. Ever. And I think you should respect other people's belief.

*walks out*

And I'm not posting in here again.

\:D/
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

iluvsns wrote:But you think your opinions are always right. And to honest, at some points during the discussion, you haven't really had the right attitude. Plus, if this is supposed to be a kid-friendly website, you really shouldn't be advertising a song that promotes the decaying society we live in. I won't listen to that music. Ever. And I think you should respect other people's belief.

*walks out*

And I'm not posting in here again.
If you honestly had that much of a problem with her and her music, then why do you insist on continuing to post and stay in the thread? See, it's posters like you that entertain me.

You say things like 'respect other people's beliefs'. Guess what? You don't have to post in or read this thread. Plain and simple. You choose to keep coming back. You keep choosing to post. That's why I love this thread. People CHOOSE to get themselves worked up!! I don't really have to do anything! You do all the work for me!! \:D/

And lastly, YOU feel like that song 'promotes the decaying society we live in'. Just like I feel like Lady Gaga is a great artist. We are all entitled to opinions.

And if you don't agree with this thread and the opinions in it, then guess what? Don't post.

Just my two cents. :)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Well yeah the topic title is pretty clear as to what the topic is about so it is pretty easy to avoid for those not interested. >_>
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

The Top Crusader wrote:Well yeah the topic title is pretty clear as to what the topic is about so it is pretty easy to avoid for those not interested. >_>
Ahhhhhhh, but you see, the bait is too much for some people to resist. And once they bite, the fun begins!! \:D/

Anyways, back to the topic of the thread, who is excited for her next single 'Judas'??? From what I've heard, it's a classic Gaga song in the spirit of 'Bad Romance' and 'Poker Face'. People that have heard the new single say it'll be a bigger hit than 'Born This Way' was. Which will be quite a feat!

Gaga is currently filming the video for 'Judas', and her comments on Twitter indicate that she feels the video for the song is the best work of her career thus far. So excited..........:D
Last edited by AIO Psyche on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I saw her on Leno and she acted like she was drugged out of her mind. \:D/
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

The Top Crusader wrote:I saw her on Leno and she acted like she was drugged out of her mind. \:D/
They don't call her Gaga for nothing!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/