Which is your favorite Star Trek series?

Live long and prosper!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Star Trek: The Original Series
31%
Star Trek: The Next Generation
13%
Star Trek: Deep Space 9
13%
Star Trek: Voyager
44%
Star Trek: Enterprise
No votes

Total votes: 16

AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

voyager, without a doubt, is the best series IMO. The basis for the show was so compelling; A single, lone crew is hurtled halfway across the galaxy. Alone and without allies, they begin their 70 year journey back home. Its so primal......

And Janeway is certainly my favorite character. She was a mother figure to the crew. She protected them and promised to get them back home.

It was just a darn good show.

DS9 and Next Generation are amazing as well, but Voyager has always been my favorite. :-)

Oh, and 7 of 9 is amazing too!!

But the original series and Enterprise was just terrible.......
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

The Next Generation is painfully cheesy, as are all of them. But Voyager was the best, imo too.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

VOYAGER IS AMAZING. They have a borg, vulcan, different ethnic groups, and a female captain. I can't watch any other star trek series besides Voyager. :(
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Voyager was amazing!!! It's hard to believe that it came out in the 90's.

I want to know what the next series will be especially seeing as Enterprise was a huge fail.

Steve

Post by Steve »

I like the original series. Mostly because I like finding all of the little deficiencies in them. :)
he/him | a little stinker.
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

Personally, I like both Voyager and The Next Generation. Deep Space Nine isn't bad, but it seems like the shortest season of them all.
ImageImageImage

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -Edgar Allen Poe: Eleonora
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

I like the ones with Yoda and Obi-Wan in them. :yes:
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Invisible Ninja wrote:I like the ones with Yoda and Obi-Wan in them. :yes:
Get out of here. :x

I also like TNG, and Enterprise was the worst in my opinion. :(
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

Yeah, Enterprise was never real big with me. The original Star Trek never comes on any more, and YouTube isn't really an option here, so I'm sorta indifferent about that series.
ImageImageImage

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -Edgar Allen Poe: Eleonora
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

TNG I sort of liked a bit when it originally aired but I'm just not a fan of that type of program. The movie reboot was entertaining, though.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

The Top Crusader wrote:TNG I sort of liked a bit when it originally aired but I'm just not a fan of that type of program. The movie reboot was entertaining, though.
I like most of the movie reboot of Star Trek (the ones in the '80s.) And I was surprised it wasn't in the poll, but maybe they only put TV show series, not movies.

I've never seen any of the series in the poll, except some of the original series, which was pretty good for the most part.

Till the end of the line.

Post by 31899 »

We should start a Star Trek faction, even though I know it will die off shortly and not have been worth our time, except Star Trek is always worth the time.

AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

31899 wrote:We should start a Star Trek faction, even though I know it will die off shortly and not have been worth our time, except Star Trek is always worth the time.

I second that!!
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

We actually have a Star Trek faction. \:D/

Post by 31899 »

I applied! Now I just have to wait 6 monthes before the leader come online and accepts my request \:D/

Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Shennifer wrote:I like most of the movie reboot of Star Trek (the ones in the '80s.) And I was surprised it wasn't in the poll, but maybe they only put TV show series, not movies.
I'm a bit confused. Which do you mean?

Just for reference, the series went something like this:
-1960s: Star Trek airs.
-1970s: Star Trek: The Animated Series airs. It isn't very well-remembered.
-1979: The Star Trek film series begins with Star Trek: The Motion Picture, and brings back the original cast for six successive movies.
-1980s: Star Trek: The Next Generation begins.
-1990s: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine begins as Next Generation ends.
-1994: Shortly after it ends, Star Trek: The Next Generation begins its series of four movies, starting with Generations. They also stop attaching numbers to them, probably because it was starting to sound silly.
-1990s: Star Trek: Voyager begins midway through Deep Space Nine's run.
-2000s: Star Trek: Enterprise, which takes place before the original series, airs.
-2009: Star Trek, the "reboot" movie which creates and mostly takes place in an alternate timeline, is released.
Last edited by Caswin on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Scion's light wrote:Yeah, Enterprise was never real big with me. The original Star Trek never comes on any more, and YouTube isn't really an option here, so I'm sorta indifferent about that series.
:anxious:

There is a guy on youtube who has I think all of the Star trek shows....

:anxious:

Ahem..

Voyager was EPIC! I loved it! \:D/

Enterprise was good, but not that good.

I'm watching an episode of TNG now... ;)
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Caswin wrote:
Shennifer wrote:I like most of the movie reboot of Star Trek (the ones in the '80s.) And I was surprised it wasn't in the poll, but maybe they only put TV show series, not movies.
I'm a bit confused. Which do you mean?

Just for reference, the series went something like this:
-1960s: Star Trek airs.
-1970s: Star Trek: The Animated Series airs. It isn't very well-remembered.
-1979: The Star Trek film series begins with Star Trek: The Motion Picture, and brings back the original cast for six successive movies.
-1980s: Star Trek: The Next Generation begins.
-1990s: Star Trek: Deep Space Nine begins as Next Generation ends.
-1994: Shortly after it ends, Star Trek: The Next Generation begins its series of four movies, starting with Generations. They also stop attaching numbers to them, probably because it was starting to sound silly.
-1990s: Star Trek: Voyager begins midway through Deep Space Nine's run.
-2000s: Star Trek: Enterprise, which takes place before the original series, airs.
-2009: Star Trek, the "reboot" movie which creates and mostly takes place in an alternate timeline, is released.
the Star Trek film series, beginning with Star Trek: The Motion Picture, is what I was referring to as being absent in the poll, not the most recent movie, which I also liked.

Till the end of the line.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Shennifer wrote:the Star Trek film series, beginning with Star Trek: The Motion Picture, is what I was referring to as being absent in the poll, not the most recent movie, which I also liked.
Ah, I see. I'd just like to point out that that wasn't a "reboot" as such -- they take place in the same continuity.

Incidentally, the entire original series is available legally from CBS' website.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
bella1986
Tallying up

Post by bella1986 »

i was obsessed with Voyager. hence why when i was first on here my screen name was Captian Janeway... lol. I just think the story line was better and it had more humor and romance in it... which i have always been fond of...
</3~Forever Broken~ </3

If you could live forever, what would you live for?~ Twilight