Twilight- Awesome Saga or Corrupting Fantasy is Disguise?

Discuss how and why the Twilight saga's and books are a pro or a con to society.

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Twilight- Awesome Saga or Corrupting Fantasy is Disguise?

Post by Scion's Light »

So, there has been some controversial discussion about the subject: Twilight.

What do you think about it?

NOTE: PLEASE KEEP YOUR OPINIONS AND THE CONVERSATION CIVIL. VIOLENT ACCUSATIONS AND VIOLENT RETORTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
Hey mods, care to help a bit with that please? :-
Last edited by Scion's Light on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -Edgar Allen Poe: Eleonora
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I've seen the first two movies and I say they bored me to death.

But to each their own \:D/
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I honestly cannot say whether they're 'evil' or 'corrupting', because I haven't seen them. I have heard that they're pretty dumb, but that doesn't speak to the wholesomeness of the series.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I've seen all the movies, and admit that I did like them. I've also read the books, and it's been awhile since then, but I think I liked them alright. However, they are not wholesome overall and I don't think people should read or watch it because of the inappropriate content. No, I don't think that the people I know have read them have an unhealthy obsession with twilight, but for myself, it can quickly become that. That's why I'm trying to stay away from it.
Last edited by Shennifer on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Till the end of the line.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Really? We NEED another Twilight topic? :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

No. We don't. We need a "Harry Potter is awesome" thread.

(and I'm not going to debate about it)

Till the end of the line.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Vampires are sinful. :x

Werewolves, on the other hand... :inlove:
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

Jelly wrote:Really? We NEED another Twilight topic? :(
Sorry Jelly, if I knew of another thread that was along the same lines of this one, than I would have used that thread.

So Shadowfax, how can a werewolf, a creature of pure animosity and violence, one that feeds on both human and beast and is a classic form of horror and gore, appealing? I must admit I have not investigated Twilight, but I do not understand the appeal of the creature. Could you tell me why you think it's so interesting?
ImageImageImage

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." -Edgar Allen Poe: Eleonora
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Scion's light wrote:So Shadowfax, how can a werewolf, a creature of pure animosity and violence, one that feeds on both human and beast and is a classic form of horror and gore, appealing? I must admit I have not investigated Twilight, but I do not understand the appeal of the creature. Could you tell me why you think it's so interesting?
If you looked into it, Twilight werewolves are not bad. They only hunt down vampires to protect humans.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Shadowfax wrote:Vampires are sinful. :x

Werewolves, on the other hand... :inlove:
Vampires are cool :inlove:

Werewolves are just.... *gags*
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Vampires... want your blood. \:D/
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Not every single vampire drinks blood :noway:
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

There we go. That's the spirit!
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

Shadowfax wrote:
Scion's light wrote:So Shadowfax, how can a werewolf, a creature of pure animosity and violence, one that feeds on both human and beast and is a classic form of horror and gore, appealing? I must admit I have not investigated Twilight, but I do not understand the appeal of the creature. Could you tell me why you think it's so interesting?
If you looked into it, Twilight werewolves are not bad. They only hunt down vampires to protect humans.
Those are just the actions of the creature in question, the actions of the creature is not what is being disputed. It is the creature itself. The Werewolf itself- it's an abomination of God's creation. The twisted and vain fantasy Man has created- it is really amazing how far and how deep it has reached, in my opinion. Is every werewolf in Twilight as pure as you say?
ImageImageImage

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Scion's light wrote:
Shadowfax wrote:
Those are just the actions of the creature in question, the actions of the creature is not what is being disputed. It is the creature itself. The Werewolf itself- it's an abomination of God's creation. The twisted and vain fantasy Man has created- it is really amazing how far and how deep it has reached, in my opinion. Is every werewolf in Twilight as pure as you say?
Even I can answer that. No. But the bad ones aren't the ones people like....
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

StrongNChrist wrote:Not every single vampire drinks blood :noway:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't vampires HAVE to drink blood, not necessarily human, to stay alive? Isn't that the basis for it's existence?
ImageImageImage

StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Certain vampires - the only ones I really like really - drink artificial blood called blood tablets so that they never have to drink the blood of humans.
Scion's Light
Fire = good
Fire = good

Post by Scion's Light »

But you said they didn't drink blood period, would you mind trying to be a bit more clear please? I got a bit- confused there for a moment.
ImageImageImage

StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I don't really see artificial blood as blood which is why I said it that way, sorry :-
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Scion's light wrote:The Werewolf itself- it's an abomination of God's creation. The twisted and vain fantasy Man has created- it is really amazing how far and how deep it has reached, in my opinion.
Question: Does this judgment apply to every fictional creature conceived by mankind as part of a manmade fantasy?

(My little pony, my little pony...)
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...