Twilight is awesome

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I don't see anyone hating on Twilight, Jelly. :-k Just nobody likes it. :shrugs:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

You'd be surprised, actually. There's fandom rivalries with Twilight, the most prominent of which is, of course, Harry Potter, but I think I've heard some complaints from such fans as those of Lord of the Rings as well.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Well, anyone on HERE. =P I thought that's what he meant........
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
TigerintheShadows

I thought he meant something more generalized...but you're a lot smarter than I am, Termite, so we'll assume your assumption is correct. ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Noooo, don't go saying that. :mad: So, Jelly, clear it up before I drive myself bonkers trying to figure it out.
Love you always, SnC
TigerintheShadows

You're already that way, Termite; what more can be done?
AIO tumblr sideblog
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Yes. Poor Leela. Ever since she read Twilight she's never quite been the same. :(
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy
It’s my birthday

Post by Alyssa »

I have never actually read Twilight, but, from what I have heard of it and seen about it...just no. Sounds like something I would not like at all if I ever read or watched it, which I will never do. So...I support everyone who said already that the books or movies were not good. :yes:
Love You, Lee! :hug:
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I am totally with Connie.
Steve
No way I broke the window
It’s my birthday

Post by Steve »

Twilight is awesome if you like severe brain damage
he/him | a little stinker.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Out of curiosity, why does everyone I talk to think that Twilight is bad acting? Instead of the usual "brain damage" stuff. ;) What scenes in particular give you a hard time?
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I haven't even seen the movie, but this makes me laugh:

Is that supposed to get people to watch the movie? :anxious:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

The acting's actually decent, it's mostly just the script that forces them to say all those painfully cliched lines.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Steve
No way I broke the window
It’s my birthday

Post by Steve »

So why don't they fire all of the current writers and bring on better ones?
he/him | a little stinker.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

The acting of some of the side characters is decent...mainly edward and bella need help. Edward's only expression through most of it is this awkward creepy stare...with a couple smiles here and there...and there is really no emotion on his behalf, despite him supposedly being in love and being happy. Bella is...the worst. ZERO skill, in my opinion. She delivers her lines in a flat tone, never has a different mood aside from whiney and depressed (even her "happy" doesn't seem too thrilling)--completely self-centered, which is half the problem of the writers, but her attitude during the whole thing doesn't help. Her character is shallow--both because of how she's written, but also because she NEVER changes. Her outside expression sorta changes, but you don't really see it IN her. Hard to explain without going on for an hour...
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
TigerintheShadows

Robert Pattinson--who plays Edward, for those who are unaware--made an effort to be creepy because he thought that the role itself was creepy. I mean, seriously, what kind of little fruit loop stands by some chick's bed watching her sleep? When they're not even dating? Call it sweet and cute and romantic all you want. I think it's beyond creepy.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

SoccerLOTR wrote: Bella is...the worst. ZERO skill, in my opinion. She delivers her lines in a flat tone, never has a different mood aside from whiney and depressed (even her "happy" doesn't seem too thrilling)--completely self-centered, which is half the problem of the writers, but her attitude during the whole thing doesn't help. Her character is shallow--both because of how she's written, but also because she NEVER changes. Her outside expression sorta changes, but you don't really see it IN her. Hard to explain without going on for an hour...
I can see what that would seem like in just the movie. But that's how Bella was in the book. I think Kristen Stewart portrayed Bella really well.
bella1986
Tallying up

Post by bella1986 »

Shadowfax wrote:
SoccerLOTR wrote: Bella is...the worst. ZERO skill, in my opinion. She delivers her lines in a flat tone, never has a different mood aside from whiney and depressed (even her "happy" doesn't seem too thrilling)--completely self-centered, which is half the problem of the writers, but her attitude during the whole thing doesn't help. Her character is shallow--both because of how she's written, but also because she NEVER changes. Her outside expression sorta changes, but you don't really see it IN her. Hard to explain without going on for an hour...
I can see what that would seem like in just the movie. But that's how Bella was in the book. I think Kristen Stewart portrayed Bella really well.

i totally agree. I believe they done great in casting her... Rob pattinson on the other hand they could have done so much better but he grows on u after 3 movies!
</3~Forever Broken~ </3

If you could live forever, what would you live for?~ Twilight
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Twilight is for girls. Nuff said, it's like...beauty and the beast for teenage girls who think they're too cool for beauty and the beast. ;)
bella1986
Tallying up

Post by bella1986 »

hey im a mom and i love twilight... and im in my almost late 20's
</3~Forever Broken~ </3

If you could live forever, what would you live for?~ Twilight