Twilight is awesome

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

EK wrote:Twilight is for girls. Nuff said, it's like...beauty and the beast for teenage girls who think they're too cool for beauty and the beast. ;)
Actually, I think it's more like Romeo and Juliet. :-k
bella1986
Tallying up

Post by bella1986 »

Shadowfax wrote:But the third's the best. :x

i totally agree with this post btw.... the third just makes it all start comming together...
</3~Forever Broken~ </3

If you could live forever, what would you live for?~ Twilight
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Shadowfax wrote:
EK wrote:Twilight is for girls. Nuff said, it's like...beauty and the beast for teenage girls who think they're too cool for beauty and the beast. ;)
Actually, I think it's more like Romeo and Juliet. :-k
Yes! Way better analogy. ;)

Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Sweet. Best example ever.
he/him | a little stinker.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

That's been used too many times. >_>
Last edited by Shadowfax on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bella1986
Tallying up

Post by bella1986 »

seriously it has.... i can see kids years from now studying twilight along with romeo and juliet
</3~Forever Broken~ </3

EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Every so often some artist will come through and be able to match up with people we've been studying forever...but the lady who writes twilight is not one of them. ;)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

EK speaks the truth... I've read everything from scy-fi to classics to bigraphies and everything else. Twilight will NEVER be a classic- NEVER. =P
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
bella1986
Tallying up

Post by bella1986 »

we will see when we all have grandchildren i guess!
</3~Forever Broken~ </3

jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

bella1986 wrote:seriously it has.... i can see kids years from now studying twilight along with romeo and juliet
Our future would be doomed. :(

All the hating aside, there's honestly nothing special about the Twilight story. It's a rather cheap fantasy that relies on vampire romance and throws in a few werewolves. Why do people love it? Obsession. They're sucked into the world and madly in love with the characters. NOT because it's anything CLOSE to a work of art, much less original.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Jelly wrote:
bella1986 wrote:seriously it has.... i can see kids years from now studying twilight along with romeo and juliet

All the hating aside, there's honestly nothing special about the Twilight story. It's a rather cheap fantasy that relies on vampire romance and throws in a few werewolves. Why do people love it? Obsession. They're sucked into the world and madly in love with the characters. NOT because it's anything CLOSE to a work of art, much less original.
Agreed. The day Twilight becomes a classic is the day I build my own rocket and fly off to another galaxy.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
bella1986
Tallying up

Post by bella1986 »

start flying then random person!! lol... twilight will become a classic someday!@
</3~Forever Broken~ </3

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

bella1986 wrote:twilight will become a classic someday!@
If that happens it will be a very sad day indeed.:( Hopefully, never ever in my lifetime. :anxious:
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Nah, Twilight won't be a classic. The only reason we like it now is because it's modern romance. Do you like reading romance books that were written in the days of your grandparents? :noway:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Shadowfax wrote:Nah, Twilight won't be a classic. The only reason we like it now is because it's modern romance. Do you like reading romance books that were written in the days of your grandparents? :noway:
Rad and I were talking about it...and she does. :x
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Shadowfax wrote:Do you like reading romance books that were written in the days of your grandparents? :noway:
I like reading romance yes, but I don't have many romance books that belonged to my grandparents. They are more likely to have belonged to my parents. The romance novels from their day did not involve vampires which in my book out classes Twilight. Plus the fact that even the worst written romance novel from my grandparents and parents day was better written than Twilight.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

There was one writer who lived a long time ago who wrote romance books. I love reading her books. Georgette Hyer. Non-christian but still wonderful books :inlove: And nothing to do with vampires or werewolves :noway:
And have you ever read The Prisoner of Zelda? That was written a long time ago and it had much more depth then any book has now-a-days
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

StrongNChrist wrote:There was one writer who lived a long time ago who wrote romance books. I love reading her books. Georgette Hyer. Non-christian but still wonderful books :inlove: And nothing to do with vampires or werewolves :noway:
And have you ever read The Prisoner of Zelda? That was written a long time ago and it had much more depth then any book has now-a-days
Ooh, I'm gonna read that book sometime. :yes:
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Jelly wrote:

Jelly, you're amazing. :inlove:

...for a werewolf. ;)
bella1986 wrote:... twilight will become a classic someday!@
That will be the day of my death. :(
*insert provocative quote here*
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:That will be the day of my death
No...you can just come with me in my rocket to a universe without twilight!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)