Twilight is awesome

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Shadowfax

Twilight is awesome

Post by Shadowfax »

..Because we need a Twilight thread without people mentioning Harry. :x

Sooo.. who likes Twilight? \:D/
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Harry is better :noway:

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)
Twilight is....boring....I've seen the first 2 movies and am not really that impressed. I'm not even planning on watching the 3rd movie.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

But the third's the best. :x
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The parody film was far better than the actual movies. \:D/
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

StrongNChrist wrote:Harry is better :noway:

Twilight is....boring....I've seen the first 2 movies and am not really that impressed. I'm not even planning on watching the 3rd movie.
Agreed. Potter is better.

But Twilight isn't too bad. The newer movies are better than the first one lol
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

:noway: Twilight is the worst movie series in the world.

:-

And, that's not mentioning that Stephenie Meyer does not know how to write books. :(
*insert provocative quote here*
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

But have you actually seen/read it? I thought it was stupid until I actually saw and then read them.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Shadowfax wrote:But have you actually seen/read it? I thought it was stupid until I actually saw and then read them.
I've seen about 50% of the first movie before I turned it off.

I've read the entire first book. :(

But Jacob is pretty cute. :inlove:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I've watched all three, read all four(well, I'm getting to the fourth one. But, as I always say, from my research on it I still only remember as much as the first three that I read twice from the fourth one which I didn't read at all. \:D/) and still come to the conclusion that Twilight is rubbish and deserves none of the attention that it's getting. ;)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

The Top Crusader wrote:The parody film was far better than the actual movies. \:D/
no... it was far, far worse. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Termite wrote:I've watched all three, read all four(well, I'm getting to the fourth one. But, as I always say, from my research on it I still only remember as much as the first three that I read twice from the fourth one which I didn't read at all. \:D/) and still come to the conclusion that Twilight is rubbish and deserves none of the attention that it's getting. ;)
*high fives Termite*

\:D/
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

But nooo... it's just so awesome. None of the boys in real life are like Jacob/Edward/Jasper/any non-human in Twilight. :(
Last edited by Shadowfax on Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Shadowfax wrote:But nooo... it's just so awesome. None of the boys in real life are like that. :(
Are like what?
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

AIO Psyche wrote:
StrongNChrist wrote:Harry is better :noway:

Agreed. Potter is better.

But Twilight isn't too bad. The newer movies are better than the first one lol
I agree that Potter is definitely better, as far as writing and morals. And also the movies are cleaner and just more awesome. I've read all the Twilight books and seen all 3 movies, and while I liked them okay, I don't think it's a good series for anyone to get into, least of all me.

Till the end of the line.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:
Termite wrote:I've watched all three, read all four(well, I'm getting to the fourth one. But, as I always say, from my research on it I still only remember as much as the first three that I read twice from the fourth one which I didn't read at all. \:D/) and still come to the conclusion that Twilight is rubbish and deserves none of the attention that it's getting. ;)
*high fives Termite*

ya know... all you Twilight Haters are about as ridiculous as the Twilight Lovers. :noway:

conclusion: the world would be a lot better if Twilight never existed. :yes:
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Jelly wrote:
IDANCE4JESUS wrote:
*high fives Termite*

^ Best post EVER! ^ :inlove:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

out of context. :x
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Jelly wrote:out of context. :x
That was the only part of the post that I wanted to use. :-
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Shadowfax wrote:But have you actually seen/read it? I thought it was stupid until I actually saw and then read them.
I read the first book...I thought about reading the rest of it, but something compelled me to read an article in Brio Magazine's December 2008 issue on Twilight, and when I finished, the first thought running through my mind was "These books aren't coming into my house ever again." As such, I never saw the movies and of the books, I came to the conclusion that it was obnoxious, shallow drivel.

I remember when I was at a summer camp and I mentioned--in what I recall to be a rational, calm tone--why I detested Twilight. Most of the girls either agreed with me, or disagreed politely. There was one girl, however, who flipped out and started hollering at me telling me what a horrible harpy I was for hating Twilight and that I was just some obnoxious, stupid, jerky brat for not loving the books. Sadly, I do not exaggerate. I remember the girl being this annoying the whole time, and the thing is, we were at a church camp. So much for spreading the love of Jesus, huh? ;)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Jelly wrote:
IDANCE4JESUS wrote:
*high fives Termite*

ya know... all you Twilight Haters are about as ridiculous as the Twilight Lovers. :noway:

I'm ridiculous? :mecry:

I thought it was within my rights to not like something. :-k I think Twilight is stupid. I also think Anna Karenina is stupid. My opinion. You're the one saying Twilight shouldn't have been written... Speaking of hating. :-
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein