Books that should be made into movies

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

This Present Darkness
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

Wally Mcdoogle! \:D/ I think it would be good aniameted or live acted. It would definitly be one of the funniest movies I think. :D
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

After finishing Ted Dekker's Circle trilogy two nights ago, I was blown away. I don't know, however, if it could effectively be made into movies...same with Blink, which I think I also mentioned earlier in this thread - HOWEVER, if it could be done, and done well (and I'm picky about the "done well" part), I'm all for it! \:D/
Agent3xq
I eat combination locks
I eat combination locks

Post by Agent3xq »

The Left Behind Youth Series, although that would definitely have to be more than one movie.
I believe in the place where the mind and the heart unite at faith
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

They tried and did it VERY badly.

They released on video first to get everyone excited about the movie THEN they released it in Theaters hoping that every Christian in America would get excited about it and tell all their non Christian friends.

The videos did well, but it COMPLETELY flopped at the box office. Why? Because everyone that wanted to see it already saw it on video!!!!
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm re-reading Gordon Kormon's "I Want to Go Home!" for the umpteenth time, and I thought of this thread! \:D/ That book is sooo funny, and I think that it would be a really hilarious movie, if it was done well. I doubt that it will ever happen, but I think that it would be good.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

poWerbOy wrote:
Jman 009 wrote:
I want to see the Cooper Kids Books made into movies.
I loved the cooper kids books...they would make great movies!
I totally Agree! Plus the Mandie book series!

^ ^
\__/
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead. We deserve another good medieval movie, and a good Robin Hood movie.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Lord_Kappa wrote:Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead. We deserve another good medieval movie, and a good Robin Hood movie.
*ahem*

:huh:
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

Yes yes, but when was that made? I want a newer one, and more realistic, not so romanticized.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Kevin Costner's was pretty good :-k
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

Jo's Boys!!!!!
Lea
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

LizzieG wrote:After finishing Ted Dekker's Circle trilogy two nights ago, I was blown away. I don't know, however, if it could effectively be made into movies...same with Blink, which I think I also mentioned earlier in this thread - HOWEVER, if it could be done, and done well (and I'm picky about the "done well" part), I'm all for it! \:D/
I'd like to see more Ted Dekker movies made, as well as some more Frank Peretti! \:D/ They would definitely need a bigger budget and better production company than what has been used for their current stuff, though... I'm picky about the "done well" part, too... :boohoo:
sweet pea
Tallying up

Post by sweet pea »

^ this present darkness .. aat a church i used to go to in texas did that as a play ! i was a huge production.

umm i think Stargirl should be made into a move.. its a guys book too .dont let the name fool you.

they totaly messed up Ella Enchanted though
*dont worry about the world ending today.. its already tommarrow in australia.*
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Though it is very strange, I think the O'Malley series from the Dee Henderson books should become movies. I just like the books, and it would be awesome, but weird, to see them become movies.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Did I mention the Westing Game already? That'd be awesome.
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

STRYPER wrote:
Lord_Kappa wrote:Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead. We deserve another good medieval movie, and a good Robin Hood movie.
*ahem*

Ha one of the guys names is Basil Rathbone! HaHAHAHA ha ha heh... Come on laugh with me! ;)
sweet pea
Tallying up

Post by sweet pea »

Arwen wrote:Did I mention the Westing Game already? That'd be awesome.
the westing game is already a movie .. in fact i saw the movie before i read the book ..our church had a game night and we stoped the movie before they told who did it. and we had to guess ... no one got it right except my dad and he wasnt allowed to play.
*dont worry about the world ending today.. its already tommarrow in australia.*
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Darth Birdie wrote:
STRYPER wrote:
*ahem*

Ha one of the guys names is Basil Rathbone! HaHAHAHA ha ha heh... Come on laugh with me! ;)
*ahem* Basil Rathbone was an extremely popular actor in the golden days of Hollywood and the original actor for Sherlock Holmes. He will always be remembered for his outstanding acting ability and the life he brought to numerous unforgettable characters.

...just thought you might have needed a better appreciation for him ;)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Basil Rathbone is awesomeness. \:D/

Hey, I watched that movie not to long ago, and I recognized many of the characters from the old medieval set of Top and EB campaign avvies! \:D/