Books that should be made into movies

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
DanJackieChan
Found

Post by DanJackieChan »

I Am Jackie Chan!! woowee that'd be suite!
Evangeline Doyle
I've been here a bit

Post by Evangeline Doyle »

I once read a book about a kid who ran for President ("The Kid Who Ran For President" by Dan Gutman)... That would be a good comedy. :D
God Bless America!
~Evangeline
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Frank wrote:
Carolita wrote:
Karin wrote:Do you want the list alphabetically, or chronologically? j/k

Eight Cousins
Rose In Bloom
The Hobbit
All of the rest of the Chronicles of Narnia series :D
Ohhhh...Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom would make some adorable movies!!

Ok, I really need to start making movies. ;) :-
I love those books! *hasn't read them in years...but has fond memories* :D
*joins in the reminscing* I read those books several times when I was younger! Those would be very fun movies! \:D/

*waits for Carolita to make the movies* ;)
Agent Robert Mitchell
Smile for the camera

Post by Agent Robert Mitchell »

For books made into movies, there simply HAS to be a movie of 'Wolf Story' by James Huggins. It has a lot of the feel that Lord of the Rings , but it has a refreshingly solid christian foundation. Another movie should be 'Leviathan' by Huggins as well. And of course there will be the rest of the Narnia books to look forwards to. \:D/
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
--C. S. Lewis

I have to, unfortunately. -_-
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

There's a couple Michael Crichton books that still need to be made into movies.

State Of Fear especially. That would be perfect for today and all it's controversies about Global Warming.
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:Anything by G.A. Henty. \:D/

-Cowboy
Definately. G. A. Henty rules!

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Dance or Die
I'm a teapot

Post by Dance or Die »

I read a book called the Bronze Bow that would be a good movie!
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

That Hideous Strength by C. S. Lewis. If that was made into a movie, I would probably throw a party of some kind. That and Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. Hollywood would probably ruin both of them though. :doubt:

-edit for spelling
Last edited by Raskolnikov on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

Raskolnikov wrote:That Hideous Strength by C. S. Lewis. If that was made into a movie, I would probably throw a party of some kind. That and Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky. Holywood would probably ruin both of them though. :doubt:
HOLYwood *cough* does have a reputation for that ;)

AWESOMENESS!! that was three siblings posting in a row!!

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Amraam
Not as new

Post by Amraam »

Eugene Kendall wrote:The screwtape letters would be cool!
I totally agree. Walden Media is actually talking about doing just that. Check out Narniaweb.com! Very cool.
josiahfrey
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by josiahfrey »

A lot of the books I read have bin made in to movies. So at this time I don't have one. They made my Fav book into a movie NArnia
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

The book I just finished "Flashback" was a really good movie.

It has drama, romance, mystery. It's a medical thriller. Lots of bad language, some sexual stuff, and lots of violence! It'd be a PG13 at least. Maybe an R . . . there was one part of the story, describing a characters time fighting in Korea where I "fast forwarded" to the end because I felt like I would throw up. [Torture scene.]
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Mel
Smile for the camera

Post by Mel »

The Binding of the Blade series by L.B. Graham....except they haven't all been published yet. They would make great movies, as long as whoever made it stayed true to the book. (Which is highly unlikely, unfortunately. :boohoo: )
Plus:
A Gown of Spanish Lace by Janette Oke
And probably more...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

"A Gown of Spanish Lace" is my favourite Janette Oke book, and I just re-read it this last weekend! \:D/ My problem with it ever being made into a movie is that the "Love Comes Softly" movies that were made just weren't nearly as good as the books. :( They were okay, but just not the same. I wouldn't want to see some pathetic version of a book that I really like.
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Artemis Fowl!!!! That was one (if not the...wait the) best series of books i have ever read in my life! And i have read a few!!

Ry
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

"Maximum Ride The Angel Experiment"
&
"Maximum Ride Schools Out: Forever"

<3 Love those books!!!
*returns*
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Anything by Ted Dekker. \:D/
Have to agree with that! I've only read Thr3e and Blink, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that Thr3e is in production. Now, they have to do Blink...if they can pull it off well. Some of it would be hard to do (those of you who've read it know what I mean).

Also, I think Francine Rivers' Mark of the Lion series would translate well to film, as well as anything by Frank Peretti. I really loved the Cooper Kids books when I was growing up.

Oh! Has anyone read the Left Behind books and then been disappointed by the movies? That's me. I think they could've been so much better. Of course, after the first few books, they began to be disappointing too.
Renata
I'm memorable
Post by Renata »

Last edited by Renata on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
Psalm 37:4-5
Mel
Smile for the camera

Post by Mel »

Catspaw wrote:"A Gown of Spanish Lace" is my favourite Janette Oke book, and I just re-read it this last weekend! \:D/ My problem with it ever being made into a movie is that the "Love Comes Softly" movies that were made just weren't nearly as good as the books. :( They were okay, but just not the same. I wouldn't want to see some pathetic version of a book that I really like.
I know. They were pathetic! (Compared to the books, that is.) As my sister put it: They're either the same characters in a different story, or it's just a similar story in which the characters have the same names as the people in the book. Except for Missie and Willie's baby. I mean, come on, it's a name, why'd they have to change it?!?! :protest:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I definitely agree that the changes were way overdone! They took something really good and made some changes that made the majority of the people who were actually interested in the movies like them less. That's the problem with a lot of book to movie adaptions - they alienate the people that want to be their core fan base, but can't be because it's just not the same, or nearly as good.