Books that should be made into movies

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Esther EK wrote:
Arwen wrote:
sweet pea wrote:
Arwen wrote:Did I mention the Westing Game already? That'd be awesome.
the westing game is already a movie .. in fact i saw the movie before i read the book ..our church had a game night and we stoped the movie before they told who did it. and we had to guess ... no one got it right except my dad and he wasnt allowed to play.
Really...I want to see it!
Ugh....it's not very good. Bleh..... :(

Mara, Daughter of the Nile would make a great movie!
I agree!

I loved that book - I'd definitely watch it if they made it into a movie. :D

Sarah
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Kenric wrote:Jane Eyre. Definitely. If they did, I hope it wouldn't be cut down into two hours, but rather into three or four hours, if not three seperate movies for Jane's different stages of life.
That is a really good book! I saw one movie version, but it was so short that it cut out almost everything, it felt like. One that actually covered the whole book, instead of cutting out so much, would definitely be good! \:D/
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Sarah wrote:
Esther EK wrote:
Arwen wrote:
sweet pea wrote:
Arwen wrote:Did I mention the Westing Game already? That'd be awesome.
the westing game is already a movie .. in fact i saw the movie before i read the book ..our church had a game night and we stoped the movie before they told who did it. and we had to guess ... no one got it right except my dad and he wasnt allowed to play.
Really...I want to see it!
Ugh....it's not very good. Bleh..... :(

Mara, Daughter of the Nile would make a great movie!
I agree!

I loved that book - I'd definitely watch it if they made it into a movie. :D

Sarah
I loved it too! \:D/

It really has everything that makes up a 'good' movie! Action, suspence, romance..etc...etc...
Kenric
If posts were pigs...

Post by Kenric »

Catspaw wrote:
Kenric wrote:Jane Eyre. Definitely. If they did, I hope it wouldn't be cut down into two hours, but rather into three or four hours, if not three seperate movies for Jane's different stages of life.
That is a really good book! I saw one movie version, but it was so short that it cut out almost everything, it felt like. One that actually covered the whole book, instead of cutting out so much, would definitely be good! \:D/
Thanks for the response :). Yeah...that's what I was thinking. They usually need to cut it out to fit two hours...but if they found a really good actress and had it either prolonged or divided into different movies....it would probably be really good. I think if they stayed true to the story..it would be a wonderful movie.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Kenric wrote:
Catspaw wrote:
Thanks for the response :). Yeah...that's what I was thinking. They usually need to cut it out to fit two hours...but if they found a really good actress and had it either prolonged or divided into different movies....it would probably be really good. I think if they stayed true to the story..it would be a wonderful movie.
Hey, when I find another "Jane Eyre" fan, you won't be able to stop me from posting if you wanted to! ;)

I think that a format like the 6-episode Pride and Prejudice could be used for this book too - you would just need somebody with the money and interest to actually make it work and make it good. :) When you cut out half of the family connections and lots of interesting moments in a book to movie thing, don't be surprised when people don't like it.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

The City of Ember trilogy. They're great books!
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

*bump* This has to be brought back!

The Kingdom Series is an awesome series of books that should be made into movies.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

The Door Within series
Flush- it's but the same author as Hoot! I love his books
All the Chronicles of Narnia series books!!!!
The Magic Tree House series- maybe into a tv series though
There already making a InkHeart movie but they need to make an InkSpell one too!!
The Giver and the rest of the Trinololgy (Gathering Blue and The Messenger!!) Those are great books!

They're many many more but I just can't think of them now!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I agree with you, Epic. It would be great for them to make the Door Within series. Just as long as it's good, and that I get to play Gwenne or Antoinette! O:)

And....Walden Media is making the City of Ember series! \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

"The Left Behind the Kids" series definitely should be made into movies! \:D/
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Kairi wrote:I agree with you, Epic. It would be great for them to make the Door Within series. Just as long as it's good, and that I get to play Gwenne or Antoinette! O:)

And....Walden Media is making the City of Ember series! \:D/
Haha, I do that too! I'm like...this should be made into a movie...as long as I get to play her. :anxious:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

It would be awesome if Walden or Pixar did the Redwall books.