Making an Artemis Fowl fan club!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

what is your favorite Artemis Fowl book?

Artemis Fowl
17%
The Artic Incident
No votes
The Eternity Code
50%
The Opal Incident
No votes
The Lost Colony
17%
The Time Paradox
17%
The Atlantis Complex
No votes

Total votes: 6

Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Making an Artemis Fowl fan club!

Post by Taps »

Who would want to? also I added a little poll here. enjoy!
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Well, I've only read the first book, but it was great. :yes:

I plan on reading the other (however many there are) eventually. :yes:
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I've only read The Lost Colony. :yes:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I really enjoyed the first 4 books - The Eternity Code is probably my favorite, but they're all pretty good. However, I disliked the Lost Colony. It was really strange, and I didn't like him bringing demons into the series. Fairies and such are just fantasy creatures, but demons are real, and I didn't like the author using them as characters. The Time Paradox and Atlantis Complex were OK, but the first 4 were definitely better, in my humble opinion. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Hey, I read it!

I'm always looking for new stuffs to read.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

*Waits for Amy to post*
Taps

Post by Taps »

Is she a big artemis fowl fan?
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Yep, but she didn't see this topic yet. :-k Weird.
Taps

Post by Taps »

Hmm. ( by the way this is not a one word post )
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I wasn't too big on The Time Paradox and The Atlantis Complex... I'm afraid Artemis is turning into a bit of a weenie, now that he's less-than-evil and the vague Artemis/Holly implications are making everything awkward (though I must admit, Orion made me laugh in that respect). :( But I really liked the first few books, for sure. :yes: And I'll definitely read the last one when it comes out.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I really enjoyed the first 4 books - The Eternity Code is probably my favorite, but they're all pretty good. However, I disliked the Lost Colony. It was really strange, and I didn't like him bringing demons into the series. Fairies and such are just fantasy creatures, but demons are real, and I didn't like the author using them as characters. The Time Paradox and Atlantis Complex were OK, but the first 4 were definitely better, in my humble opinion. ;)
They weren't actually demons though, were they? My impression was that they were like little trolls or something, just called Demons. :-k
Amethystic wrote:I wasn't too big on The Time Paradox and The Atlantis Complex... I'm afraid Artemis is turning into a bit of a weenie, now that he's less-than-evil and the vague Artemis/Holly implications are making everything awkward (though I must admit, Orion made me laugh in that respect). :( But I really liked the first few books, for sure. :yes: And I'll definitely read the last one when it comes out.
The Atlantis Complex was awesomes! :mad:
Taps

Post by Taps »

I think they are all very good and Atlantis Complex was amazing.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I read them all like years ago (up to like, the Lost Colony one - I think). I remember really liking the Eternity Code one... but otherwise, I really don't remember them well at all. :(
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

takeitfromthetop wrote:I think they are all very good and Atlantis Complex was amazing.
Yeah! \:D/
Jelly wrote:I read them all like years ago (up to like, the Lost Colony one - I think). I remember really liking the Eternity Code one... but otherwise, I really don't remember them well at all. :(
It is a sign. You must read them all again. :(
Taps

Post by Taps »

Totally. they are worth rereading.