It's time to ask Lee LOTS of questions.

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

iluvsns wrote:So you don't think a person can be genuinely saved and then backslide? :-k
Yes, someone can backslide and temporarily walk away from their faith, but I do not believe that "unsaves" them.
iluvsns wrote:What's your definition of sin then? (for some reason I thought that was something Baptists believed... maybe it was Calvinists. :anxious: )
Wrongdoing? ;) I don't know... doing anything that is displeasing to God, I guess.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

So if I'm genuinely saved I can walk away from God and remain a Christian? And if I die while sinning I still go to Heaven?

(I'm not upset AE. :hug: Just interested about how you believe. ;) )

\:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

iluvsns wrote:So if I'm genuinely saved I can walk away from God and remain a Christian?
1. Can a person truly deny God if the Holy Spirit is living inside him? Perhaps the person wasn't saved to begin with?
2. I like the story of the Prodigal Son. The son truly was a child of his father (as we are children of God). The child temporarily left his father and lived for the worldDuring this time, the father didn't disown his son. He didn't reject him or undo his birth. The father just eagerly awaited his son's return. I think our Christian walk is the same. We often stray from doing the will of our Father, but He doesn't reject us or take away our eternal life every time we sidestep. He, like an earthly father would, desires to do anything to bring His child back into a good relationship with his Father. Coming back to God is a tremendous proof of one's salvation.
iluvsns wrote:And if I die while sinning I still go to Heaven?
Say I live a life completely for God, spreading the Gospel to thousands and spending hours daily in prayer for like 80 years. On my deathbed, an immodestly-dressed woman walks by and I think an impure thought. I die at that moment. Do I lose my salvation because my last thought was impure, even though I had perfect fellowship with God all my life? :-k I think salvation is is a supernatural work that cannot be undo; even by our sin.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

iluvsns wrote:I've read and heard all of the Narnia stories. Sorry cant say I've heard of those authors! I like Gilbert Morris, Janette Oke, Beverly Lewis...
Not a fan of Janette Oake or Beverly Lewis, but the fact that you like Gilbert Morris made my day!! He's my favorite author! :D
iluvsns wrote: (for some reason I thought that was something Baptists believed... maybe it was Calvinists. :anxious: )
Baptists have a calvinist background...so while not identical in beliefs, they do have some of the same or similar concepts.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

SoccerLOTR wrote:
iluvsns wrote:I've read and heard all of the Narnia stories. Sorry cant say I've heard of those authors! I like Gilbert Morris, Janette Oke, Beverly Lewis...
Not a fan of Janette Oake or Beverly Lewis, but the fact that you like Gilbert Morris made my day!! He's my favorite author! :D
AWESOME! :inlove: He is really good. I'm reading through the house of Winslow series currently. But there was another really really good one.... Singing River maybe? :-k

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I don't remember all the names of books--I've literally read all of his books up until the ones written the past few years cause I've been too busy to read a lot!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Anyone going to ask me anything? :D I'm up for answering right now.... :-

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Why does your topic say it was created by iluvsns?
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Monty wrote:Why does your topic say it was created by iluvsns?
*cough* Cause I forgot to fix it. *fixes*

The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Why are you so awesome? ^.^

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

The Kings Daughter wrote:Why are you so awesome? ^.^
*cough* :oops: I am?

*thinks if she answers the question she might appear a bit conceited.*

;)

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

How did you get the nickname Lee?
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Why have you not pmed me in ages? :( ;)
Why did you change the name of the thread?
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Why are you so amazing at Tiny Tower?!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Knight Fisher wrote:How did you get the nickname Lee?
When I first joined, snubs told me she needed a nickname for me since iluvsns was hard to say. I told her my real name (Leanne) and said she could call me Annie or Lee. She said "okay, I'll call you Lee." and apparently the name stuck. :)
Mimi wrote:Why have you not pmed me in ages? :( ;)
Why did you change the name of the thread?
I forget these things sometimes... :-
Because I changed my name!
Adonibezek wrote:Why are you so amazing at Tiny Tower?!
I'm not anymore... :( but I was because I frequently moved my clock ahead to get payouts faster. ;)

Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Why are you misspelling stuff in your sig?
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Because I felt like it at the time. ;)

Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Why are you still an Israelite? :(
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I think it's time for me to ask a question of myself. :anxious: Why haven't I visited this thread in 5 months?

Well Monty... probably because I enjoy doing good? O:)

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

What do you think I look like?