New odyssey character?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

New odyssey character?

Post by poWerbOy »

if you could create any new character for odyssey what would he/she be like?
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

They would be kind of like jimmy, but they would be a girl... But not like Liz... She kind of a tomboy, but, i'd want to be best friends with the boys, and then they'd get made fun of!! That could be an ep.!!!
Aslan
Smile for the camera

Post by Aslan »

a boy who acts
like sherlock holmes
and he is in mystery episodes

Life is worth living, so live the best life that you can
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Well....my character would be a girl...and would have LOTS of siblings...and her mom would homeschool them all. Her family would have conservative values, and has a biblical family. Basically, she would be just like me, but I don't have lots of siblings. #-o
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

Probably someone like Cal or Jimmy.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Id put top in AIO!
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

woah now that would be a scary twist...... :headscratch:
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

crazyforjared~ yours sounds like a character already...
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

AIOfan11 wrote:Well....my character would be a girl...and would have LOTS of siblings...and her mom would homeschool them all. Her family would have conservative values, and has a biblical family. Basically, she would be just like me, but I don't have lots of siblings. #-o
I'd like that too! The only homeshool family is the Shepherds, and I wouldn't say that they're typical. Most families I know wouldn't up and send their kids back to public school just because they asked. And they give the impression that Aubrey doesn'y really care for it at all, so I wish they would portray the families who love it and are homeschooling because they thinks it's best.

:soapbox: Okay, I'll step off my soapbox now. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

She'd be an older teenager, maybe college-age. She'd teach ballet at Whit's End, trick Jason into telling her where the Novabox documents are stored, and marry Dr. Blackgaard.

Her name is Rachael, in case you hadn't already figured that out.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Jared Walczak wrote:Id put top in AIO!
Maybe not Top, but it would be fun to see someone on AIO who is similar to one of us ToO citizens. If I could choose, it would be me (not Me).
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
AIOfan11 wrote:Well....my character would be a girl...and would have LOTS of siblings...and her mom would homeschool them all. Her family would have conservative values, and has a biblical family. Basically, she would be just like me, but I don't have lots of siblings. #-o
I'd like that too! The only homeshool family is the Shepherds, and I wouldn't say that they're typical. Most families I know wouldn't up and send their kids back to public school just because they asked. And they give the impression that Aubrey doesn'y really care for it at all, so I wish they would portray the families who love it and are homeschooling because they thinks it's best.

I agree! The Shepherds are not like most of the homeschoolers I know. I don't really like the thought that some kids out there probably think all homescoolers are like the Shepherds.

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Maxwell
Lurker

Post by Maxwell »

Well....my character would be a girl...and would have LOTS of siblings...and her mom would homeschool them all. Her family would have conservative values, and has a biblical family. Basically, she would be just like me, but I don't have lots of siblings.

Okay, I'll step off my soapbox now.

I agree! The Shepherds are not like most of the homeschoolers I know. I don't really like the thought that some kids out there probably think all homescoolers are like the Shepherds.

~OrigamiKid
Yeah I'm Homeschooled and I totally agree with you guys! :D I think they need more homeschoolers! And a family with lots of Kids, would be GREAT! I have 6 siblings myself (yeah their a pain sometimes but all and all I love them). Odyssey doesn't have any big families they need one! Also I think a girl character connected to Blackgaard or Richard would be cool, a girl would would kick Rodney's butt! They need a girl that's in karate to put Rodney in his place just once, like Sue Ellen on Arthur.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Someone dashing and debinar. Someone humurous and yet serious. Someone with a secret past and a unforeseen future. Someone who has a good voice, someone with a connection to the NSA/CIA or some other equally secretive government agency. Someone like me. (Not Me.)

Yours Truely,
-Cowboy of Texas
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Laura Ingalls wrote:

Yeah. That is what I mean. I want a family who really believes in it. Not just doing it to do it. :anxious:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

AIOFan11 wrote:Not just doing it to do it. :anxious:
How can someone do it if they don't believe in it? I know several families who have switched halfway through, and several families who have stuck with it the whole way through. Just because they switch doesn't mean they didn't or don't believe in it.

-Jonathan
AioMan
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: The Imagination Station, Whit's End, Mcallister Park, Odyssey, Ohio, United States, North America

Post by AioMan »

I know what you mean. The Shepherds took Aubrey back to Public School, showing that they were just doing it to do it.
Whit: The Best is yet to come. (from "A Prayer for George Barclay" and "Gone.....")

Eugene: Impossible! Prepositions are not words that I end sentences with! (from "Poor Loser")

Arthur Dent: Operation: Thinktank will enslave the human race. Would you like a muffin? (from "Box of Miracles")
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Eugenefan23 wrote:
I know what you mean. The Shepherds took Aubrey back to Public School, showing that they were just doing it to do it.
*wonders if Eugenefan23 read my above post*

Ok, let me frame my arguement to fit the case of the Shepards, or at least how I see it. Also keep in mind I'm not bashing homeschooling or publicschooling. I find there are advantages to both (depending on what your district is like).

After Ben and Esther became Christians they probably felt that public school was anything but a good influence on their daughter since she wasn't a Christian (we see proof of this in Under the Influence). They therefore homeschooled her until they felt she was mature enough to handle it. Personally, I think their choice in letting her go back before she was saved wasn't right, but that's just me.

Point is, they weren't 'just doing it to do it'. Like I said before, why would you do it if you didn't believe in it? They were doing it for the welfare of their daughter; it's obvious.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:After Ben and Esther became Christians they probably felt that public school was anything but a good influence on their daughter since she wasn't a Christian (we see proof of this in Under the Influence). They therefore homeschooled her until they felt she was mature enough to handle it. Personally, I think their choice in letting her go back before she was saved wasn't right, but that's just me.

Point is, they weren't 'just doing it to do it'. Like I said before, why would you do it if you didn't believe in it? They were doing it for the welfare of their daughter; it's obvious.
I think you mean Ben and Ellen. Ben and Esther were on "Curious, Isn't It?" :lol:

Hmm... interesting idea, but I don't think that applies to most Chrisitan homeschool families. How many of them have children who claim to not be Christians? Whether Christian or not, peer pressure and influence can be huge on kids, as shown in several shows, including "Under the Influence." Ben and Ellen had differing viewpoints and ultimately, Ellen's appeared to be justified while Ben's appeared naïve. :-k

Some homeschool families quit part way through because the parents don't feel qualified to teach, but others quit so their kids can participate in high school dances and sports. When they quit for those reasons, I wonder why they homeschooled in the first place. Wouldn't it have been cheaper and more convenient to send the kids to public school all their lives so they could already be acclimated and in the system instead of waiting until high school to drop them into the environment so they can work to adjust while doing the extracurricular activities. :-s
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Chandler wrote:
Jonathan wrote:After Ben and Esther became Christians they probably felt that public school was anything but a good influence on their daughter since she wasn't a Christian (we see proof of this in Under the Influence). They therefore homeschooled her until they felt she was mature enough to handle it. Personally, I think their choice in letting her go back before she was saved wasn't right, but that's just me.

I think you mean Ben and Ellen. Ben and Esther were on "Curious, Isn't It?" :lol:

Hmm... interesting idea, but I don't think that applies to most Chrisitan homeschool families. How many of them have children who claim to not be Christians?
Not many, I'd imagine. But keep in mind, I was explaining how I saw the Shepard's case, as I stated in my earlier post.
Chandler wrote:Wouldn't it have been cheaper and more convenient to send the kids to public school all their lives so they could already be acclimated and in the system instead of waiting until high school to drop them into the environment so they can work to adjust while doing the extracurricular activities. :-s
I won't claim to know the finances of such decisions, but I will say I've seen it work for the few I've witnessed do it.

-Jonathan