Archiving

The place where role players come to play! If you want to start an interactive war, chat with real citizens of the town, or find other uses for your faction, this field can accommodate those desires. As with anything else, please try to keep your role playing appropriate... but you're still welcome to have a little fun!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Archiving

Post by Termite »

Alright, guys. The time to clean up Gower's has come! In case you were scrolling down the forum and were wondering where a certain RPG is, check the Gower's Field Archives

From now on, every RPG that ends up being unactive for roughly two months will be archived. However, if you still wish to continue the RPG once it's been archived, there are some things to do:
  • One: If you did not create the *RPG, you will have to contact the ToOer who did create it. If they are interested in continuing the RPG, then they will have to PM Catspaw with the names of at least two other people who also want to continue it. (the ToO's two-way convo rule is still applicable in GF)
    *There is an exception to this rule: If the RPG was taken from a book series(like Left Behind), then feel free to go ahead and start another one without checking with the creator. However, if it was an original RPG(like The Promised One) then the above rule stays.
  • Two: If you did create the RPG, then just go ahead and see if anyone wants to continue it and then PM Catspaw to move it back.
Now, there's a catch. If nobody wants to continue the archived RPG but would like to start afresh, and the original creator* has seemed to be drifting away from Gower's ( :( ), all you have to do is procure their approval to start a new RPG(if it was an original; if not, then go ahead and start another anyway)

*Another exception! If the creator of the RPG has left the ToO, then there's no need to ask them... well, seeing as you can't. But if you check the user's profile and see that they do log into the ToO on a regular basis(a few times a week, ect.) then PM them. However, if they do not respond in at least two weeks, or longer if you give them more time, then you can start it again. If they say 'no' to your request, then I'm sorry, but that's that.
Or... If you did create it and want to start afresh, then just go ahead and leave Catspaw out of it. =P

Also, seeing as there's no way to bump threads in Gower's, feel free to post in an unactive RPG that you are in to see if you can bring interest back. If not, then I'm sorry, but double posting is still not allowed.

*pants* That was a lot. If you have any questions, then go ahead and ask here. Or PM me if you don't want to post, but please, ask if you have a question! I know I'm not always the best at explaining things. :-

Happy RPGing! :D
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

TMI! TMI! :mad:

Thanks for the pointers Termite. \:D/

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

:worship:

We shall do your will, almighty Termite. Master of the Field known as "Gowers."

\:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Skid
Still standing tall

Post by Skid »

Any chance that archiving could be done again? Some of these threads are ancient history.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I am having trouble finding the posts with new threads.

-- 04 May 2015 12:34 pm --

With my new powers, I have moved the RPGs that haven't been posted in for about 10 months or so into the archive. If I moved something that you were going to use or moved away part of your RPG by accident, PM me or mention it here.