667: The Mystery of the Clocktower, Part 1

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What did you think of "The Mystery of the Clocktower, Part 1"?

Five - Fantastic!
60%
Four - Awesome!
23%
Three - Good!
16%
Two - Decent.
No votes
One - Horrible!
No votes

Total votes: 43

Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Regis Blackbeard wrote:What do you guys think? Could Heather Simpson be a married Heather Sanders?
:shock: You're probably right! That could be the 1988 actress.
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

I'm shocked and awed with the quality of the great music in this episode, John Campbell is really getting modern with his compositions and I'm likin' it.
the story so far has been mind gripping, and I can't wait to see what happens next. 4.5/5
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

ok THAT WAS AWESOME!
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

Post by AIOCREFan »

They already have a goof alert on the AIO Wiki for this episode:
Andrew Drevil mentions hearing one of Eugene's lectures at Campbell College. When Eugene came back to Odyssey he discontinued his connection with the college. However, this can easily be justified that either Anthony heard a lecture before Eugene left or Eugene decided or was asked to lecture sometime in the recent past without out our knowledge.
Please quote material that you did not write yourself. Thanks! ~ Irwin
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

takeitfromthetop wrote:is it virus protected? cause I played it twice and my computer shut down and had an error.
Try this one:

http://www.thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=8 ... 30#p861830
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

W00t! The return of Dreams By Constance! \:D/ And with it comes a strong episode that surely bodes good will for the newest season of Adventures in Odyssey. A well written mystery bringing back both the nostalgia of Novacom and a true Odyssey feel to the show, it seems to me like this episode might just be the start of a season making up for the number of flops in 51.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

If Richard and Wendy get back together, Dreams by Constance is so going to plan their wedding. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I love this episode! It is awesome! A very good start to the new season. :yes: The characters and story are great. It gets a 5 from me.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Notes:
  • Does the device remind anyone of Call Me if You Care? It's been 20 years. There is a relationship rift. There is a crisis that needs to be attended to now. (There will be forgiveness/reuniting/a relationship restored at the end? I would not be surprised to find Alicia's sister in Part 2.)
  • I enjoyed Matthew as a supporting character tagging along with Eugene.
  • I was surprised but not disappointed to hear Chris step out of the bookends of the show in her reporter role.
  • I thought Emily Jones was randomly inserted into the show for a sec, then laughed when I realized it was a commercial.
  • Dreams by Constance-- gotta love the continuity.
To sum up, I enjoyed The Mystery of the Clocktower, Part 1. I am giving it a 4/5 for now, but the rating could go higher or lower depending on how I like the conclusion. I concur with American Eagle that this season premiere beats The Inspiration Station in every way. After not listening to or caring about Odyssey for a while, I'm looking forward to seeing how this mystery wraps up.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I really liked the episode! \:D/ Much better than the majority of album 51, in my opinion. 4/5 stars

Taq, did I miss something? I don't remember hearing a reporter in the episode...I could have missed it though. :-k
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Chris was a reporter in the middle, but it was just a commercial for Album 52 - a very clever one I might add. :) I like the Parker Jones detective commercial as well. The titles of their cases coming up this season are hilarious and all seem to be spoofs of old detective movies. I love it!
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Ah, okay. I guess my radio station didn't play those commercials. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

I can't wait to hear it!!! (I always wait untill the second part comes out before I hear the first part!)
~Mark Prescott~
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

JesusFreak777 wrote:Chris was a reporter in the middle, but it was just a commercial for Album 52 - a very clever one I might add. :) I like the Parker Jones detective commercial as well. The titles of their cases coming up this season are hilarious and all seem to be spoofs of old detective movies. I love it!
That part was great! :D

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I don't a audio on this computer so I cant listen. :(
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Okay......

5/5 for sure.

Great episode. At the moment, I don't have a single idea as to the ending of this mystery.

I like Matthew kinda tagging along with Eugene.

I still can't get used to Andre Stojka, but I guess that'll come eventually.

I especially like the last few minutes, where it starts to sound like and Alfred Hitchcock movie.

Overall, a really great episode.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Taq wrote:I concur with American Eagle that this season premiere beats The Inspiration Station in every way.
Most users seem to agree with us as well. 67% of ToOers gave this episode 5/5, while only 15% gave The Inspiration Station, Part I a 5/5. Good work, Odyssey! =D>
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
whittaker96
Gold Member

Post by whittaker96 »

I can already tell that Album 52 will be much better than Album 51. yay!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I have to admit, I was impressed by this episode. It had the old two-parter mystery feel to it. One thing though... in the promos for album 52, I thought I heard them say that the clocktower's time hadn't changed since it had been struck by lightening x years ago, which is not at all the problem in this episode. What?

I give it 5 stars, which the first of the newer episodes I've ever given a 5, I believe.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

This actually was a great episode! I was a little disappointed with album 51, but this seems like it'll be a much better season!

It was really intense in some parts and I can't wait for next week to hear how it ends!!!
Eugene and Connie made me happy. I love hearing them.

I still can't get used to Andre as Whit... He's just not Whit... :( I hope I get used to him soon!