Regis Returns -- RPG

The place where role players come to play! If you want to start an interactive war, chat with real citizens of the town, or find other uses for your faction, this field can accommodate those desires. As with anything else, please try to keep your role playing appropriate... but you're still welcome to have a little fun!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

"Fine." Trent hung up and turned to Jason, Whit, Richard, Tasha, and her team of agents. "We need to be at the alley behind the Harlequin Theatre in ten minutes."

OOC: Shall we just do a "ten minutes later", bookworm?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

OOC:
If you want.

Phillips closed the phone and tossed it back to Mandy. “See, that wasn’t so hard.”
He opened the basement door and nodded to his henchman. “Go tell the Doctor, we’ve got it.”
TigerintheShadows

Ten minutes later

Trent entered the alley and looked around. Trent knew it sounded a bit weak, but he felt a bit too exposed without Whit, Jason, Richard, Tasha, and her team of agents. Still, at least they had a backup plan, and at least all of the others were nearby, ready to make a move--whether the plan did or didn't work out.

OOC: I kept the main good guys out of it because it might look suspicious if it appeared that someone like Whit, Jason, or Richard was in on it.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Phillips emerged from the back of the alley.
“Good to see you again Trent. Hold up the drive so I can see it.”
TigerintheShadows

"Can't say the feeling's mutual, Phillips," Trent replied coldly. He handed over the hard drive. "Take it."
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Phillips nodded and made a motion with his hand.
His henchman came forward with Mandy. She was standing now, but still tied. They moved to his left side and stood next to him. Dr. Blackgaard emerged and went to his right.
Phillips took the hard drive and handed it to Blackgaard who let out an evil laugh. “At last!”
TigerintheShadows

"I'd ask why this is just so important to you," Trent began, trying to keep them talking, "but that might require caring, which I'm afraid I don't. Now, could you please do me a favor and release my girlfriend?"
Last edited by TigerintheShadows on Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

“Of course.” Mandy started to move forward but he grabbed her arm. “After we check this drive.”
He laughed, seeing the horror on Trent’s face.
“You don’t think I’d simply take your word after all this trouble. I know you could just hand me anything to save your girl. We’ll check this, and if it has the program then she can go.”
TigerintheShadows

Trent momentarily forgot the plan entirely. Oh, no...please, God, no...

Thankfully, he had not counted on the agents in hiding.

Almost at once, just about everybody came out of the shadows and other hiding places--even Whit and Richard. Tasha stepped up beside him, badge held out in front of her. "Tasha Forbes, NSA Agent 2362. You're under arrest."

OOC: Done by someone who's only seen this in movies. ;)
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Chaos broke out in the alley.
Phillips’ henchman tried to run but was blocked and tackeled by an Agent. Everyone scrambled around, rearranging their positions. Two Agents pinned Blackgaard against the wall.
Phillips pushed Mandy forward causing another scramble and stepped back in the confusion.
“Hold it!” he ordered, reaching under his jacket and producing a handgun. “Nobody move!” he said, waving it menacingly.
He looked at Richard and said “I assure you Maxwell, this is no water gun.”
TigerintheShadows

Tasha turned to the agents. "He's not kidding. All of you, stand down, now!"
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Once more in control of the situation, Phillips stepped forward calmly. He took Mandy’s arm again and pulled her back.
“This was supposed to be so simple” he said, moving her in front of him and putting the gun at her back. “It never had to come to this. If Whitaker hadn’t put a blasted password on his computer this would have been over a long time ago and the girl wouldn’t have been necessary at all.”
He and Mandy walked over to where Blackgaard had dropped the hard drive.
“But I guess it doesn’t matter.” He motioned for Mandy to pick it up. “I got what I wanted anyway.”
TigerintheShadows

Trent stared in horror. This wasn't what we planned at all...oh, God, please, it can't end like this...
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Phillips walked Mandy to the end of the alley.
“I guess I’ll have to take your word on this after all kid.”
Still being held against the wall, Dr. Blackgaard called out “Wait for me!”
“Sorry Doc, I think I’m going to have to go alone. This thing has had so many ups and downs the sooner it’s over with the better. Now that I have Applesauce, I think I better get out while I can.” He started to walk away.
“You’ll pay for this!” Blackgaard shouted after him. Phillips didn’t answer.
“This way,” he pulled Mandy around the corner. “I had the car ready, just in case.”
Turning back to the group in the alley he said “If you don’t follow I’ll let the girl out when I’m clear. I’m not a kidnapper. Not when I don’t have to be.”
TigerintheShadows

Trent watched as Phillips pulled Mandy around the corner, not wanting to believe what he was seeing. He looked at Tasha. "What do we do?"

"Take him at his word," Tasha replied grimly. "It's the only chance we have. If we go after him, he might kill Mandy."

At these words, Trent promptly decided to shut up and let it play out.
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

After driving a few blocks Phillips pulled the car over.
“Sorry about all this kid” he said, cutting Mandy’s ropes. “It was just business.”
TigerintheShadows

Tasha turned to Blackgaard. "Well, today wasn't a total loss. Regis Blackgaard, you're under arrest."

Jason turned to the rest of them. "Is it just me, or is this moment one that's been a long time coming?"

"No." Trent's voice was quiet, but it drew the others' attention. "That moment's still awhile off." He was facing the entrance to the alley, watching the agents taking Blackgaard into custody. He knew that Blackgaard seemed like the bigger threat to Jason, Whit, Richard, and Tasha, but right now, he wanted more than almost anything to see Phillips behind bars instead.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

OOC: Well done. You two made me laugh \:D/

IC: Mandy fell to the ground after Phillips pushed her. Her arms were weak and numb from the ropes. She shivered. The sun was too bright for her eyes that had been well shaded in the darkened room. She panted. Her throat was parched and dry.

And then everything went dark. She fainted.
*insert provocative quote here*
TigerintheShadows

Trent finally just shook his head. Mandy could be anywhere, he thought. I'm not going to take Phillips's word that she's safe until I see her safe in front of me. He turned to Whit. "I'm going to look for her," he said, and without waiting for a reply, he took off down the alley.

He sprinted through the streets, desperately trying to find her, not really caring about deductive reasoning or anything else except his goal. If he couldn't find her...if something had happened to her...

Suddenly, he saw a limp form just ahead of him. His heart skipped a few beats when he realized just who that was, and he stooped down to examine her, fearing the worst.

She's alive, he thought as he checked her pulse. Oh, thank you, Lord.

He looked around. There wasn't anyone around to drive him anywhere--who in Odyssey of all places would be driving around at this hour?--and he needed to get to someplace where he knew she could get help. He picked her up in what he heard somewhere was called a "bridal carry" and walked toward the only place he knew she could get any assistance.

Whit's End.
Last edited by TigerintheShadows on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

OOC:
Laugh? It was supposed to be dramatic! :x