034: Stormy Weather

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How would you rate this episode?

5 Stars - Perfect day
38%
4 Stars - Sunny weather
38%
3 Stars - Partly cloudy
25%
2 Stars - Stay indoors
No votes
1 Star - Natural disaster
No votes

Total votes: 8

Caswin
Found

034: Stormy Weather

Post by Caswin »

I felt like making a topic for this, because... out of the early episodes being aired, I think this was a major step toward Odyssey really hitting its stride. The story was exciting, and the character development was surprising.

It makes me wonder all the more what I might be missing in the episodes that don't come through -- not only for their stories, but Connie's development, the oddly sparse appearances of Tom Riley, and the opening scenes with Chris. (I've found myself oddly fascinated by her as a character.)

(Incidentally, my ideal outdoor weather is actually cool, cloudy, windy and humid...)
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I haven't heard Stormy Weather for awhile, but it's a great episode - a classic. \:D/ I voted for 5 stars! :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Caswin wrote:It makes me wonder all the more what I might be missing in the episodes that don't come through -- not only for their stories, but Connie's development, the oddly sparse appearances of Tom Riley, and the opening scenes with Chris. (I've found myself oddly fascinated by her as a character.)
It is interesting to note that Connie's conversion is much longer when you include ALL episodes before "Connie". Connie is very much an antagonist in some deleted early episodes - especially "Gotcha".
TheDinosaurPlanet
Processing
Post by TheDinosaurPlanet »

So, Connie, you want to go to California? You'll have to wait til Christmastime (literally!). Whit gets some shards in his legs that'll have to heal up, first, too. Anyway, the moral of the episode was finding comfort from God's Word in times of trouble, and it was presented so well in this story.

And wait-- Did Chris break the fourth wall at the beginning?!?! Odyssey was ahead of the times...

5/5
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TOO!

Other places are okay
And some are fine
But as far as hometowns go
Well, Odyssey is mine
Oh, it's the place to be
I'm sure you will agree
Have you ever been to Odyssey?