SHOWDOWN SAINT AND SINNER by ted dekKEr

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yes, dear, I'm sorry you'll have to. :( *cough* It was a disclaimer, for those wondering, just so I couldn't get in trouble for promoting anything more... adult-like. ;)

*cough*

Black, the Lost Books in the 13 year time skip in Black, Red, White, Showdown, Saint, Sinner, and Green, is the 'chronological' order. Though I didn't read the Lost Books until after the original Circle Trilogy and the Paradise novels. It makes the most sense that way, I think.
Last edited by Termite on Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

heres my list of my favorite ted dekKer books in order.

1. sinner
2.black
3.saint
4.red
5.showdown
6. toss up between white and green
7. Renegade
8. chaos
9. chosen
10. Elyon
11. infedel
12. lunatic

I have ordered the book thr3e and should be reading it in the next week!

-- Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:07 pm --

and what do u mean it was JUST A DISCLAMIER?!?!? NOOO
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yeah, there was a reason I posted it... =P Cause it's true. PG-13, definitely. I was just making sure everyoone knew.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Taps

Post by Taps »

lol! :lol:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Termite wrote:Yes, dear, I'm sorry you'll have to. :( *cough* It was a disclaimer, for those wondering, just so I couldn't get in trouble for promoting anything more... adult-like. ;)

*cough*

Black, the Lost Books in the 13 year time skip in Black, Red, White, Showdown, Saint, Sinner, and Green, is the 'chronological' order. Though I didn't read the Lost Books until after the original Circle Trilogy and the Paradise novels. It makes the most sense that way, I think.
whoa....wait, the Circle Trilogy and Paradise books are PART OF THE SAME SERIES??? since when? oh dear, I didn't know that *sigh* :shock:

*remembers* oh wait, I totally knew that, but seeing them all written in order was weird. I think of them as 2 different series, the Paradise novels were good, but confusing as to the big picture.
Last edited by Shennifer on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Till the end of the line.
Taps

Post by Taps »

Shennifer wrote:
Termite wrote:Yes, dear, I'm sorry you'll have to. :( *cough* It was a disclaimer, for those wondering, just so I couldn't get in trouble for promoting anything more... adult-like. ;)

*cough*

whoa....wait, the Circle Trilogy and Paradise books are PART OF THE SAME SERIES??? since when? oh dear, I didn't know that *sigh* :shock:

*remembers* oh wait, I totally knew that, but seeing them all written in order was weird. I think of them as 2 different series, the Paradise novels were good, but confusing as to the big picture.

if you have read Green you would know how they fit into the big picture. also its because the books of historys. and if you read the lost books chronicles then you would know how they fit into that. (there are lets see 13 books all connecting together.)
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

ah well then I have a lot to read then don't I? :)

Till the end of the line.
Taps

Post by Taps »

:lol: yeah.
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

they have a third book in this series. :O

i need it. i loved saint. i like some of dekkers stuff. some not so much. its hit or miss.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Taps

Post by Taps »

Yeah thats how i feel too.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Cbriggs45 wrote:some not so much. its hit or miss.
You got it right there.

I'm reading Saint right now (read Showdown about 2 years before), and... apparently we don't have Sinner. :(

Speaking of Dekker, has anyone gotten or read "Tea with Hezbolah"?
Taps

Post by Taps »

no. is it good?
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

I haven't read it, but I'm contemplating buying it for my dad for Christmas.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Could someone who's read them explain something to me?

Showdown is connected to one of the books in 'The Lost Books', right? But Saint and Sinner aren't, are they?
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

From what I know: Showdown is connected to the lost books only by Marsuvees Black and Paradise. But Saint and Sinner are in the same series as Showdown, so David Abraham is in them. I'm not sure who else in it them, though. :-k
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Shadowfax wrote:From what I know: Showdown is connected to the lost books only by Marsuvees Black and Paradise. But Saint and Sinner are in the same series as Showdown, so David Abraham is in them. I'm not sure who else in it them, though. :-k
Ok. Oh, and while we're on Ted Dekker, what did you think of Elyon and...the other one with that co-author?
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Lunatic? Hm.. they just didn't seem like Dekker's writing. I'm guessing that the other author did most of the writing, or perhaps, all of it. Dekker just got the credit. But I found it creepy, and I couldn't wait to get to the end. It almost lacked adventure, ya know?

What did you think of it?
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Shadowfax wrote:Lunatic? Hm.. they just didn't seem like Dekker's writing. I'm guessing that the other author did most of the writing, or perhaps, all of it. Dekker just got the credit. But I found it creepy, and I couldn't wait to get to the end. It almost lacked adventure, ya know?

What did you think of it?
I just read the first four, 'cause I was under the impression that was the end of the series. (He seriously could have ended it right there.) Even if the other two had been out, I don't think I would have read them, 'cause it had already gotten a little too creepy by the fourth book.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I liked them. :- Really good allegory to today's world, if you ask me. :anxious:
Shadowfax wrote:From what I know: Showdown is connected to the lost books only by Marsuvees Black and Paradise. But Saint and Sinner are in the same series as Showdown, so David Abraham is in them. I'm not sure who else in it them, though. :-k
The books make a WHOLE lot more sense if you read The Circle Series, the Lost Books, AND the Paradise novels. :- Otherwise, alone? Yeah, they're strange. ;)
Love you always, SnC
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Termite wrote:I liked them. :- Really good allegory to today's world, if you ask me. :anxious:
The books make a WHOLE lot more sense if you read The Circle Series, the Lost Books, AND the Paradise novels. :- Otherwise, alone? Yeah, they're strange. ;)
I have a question. Does Green sorta close off the whole thing? 'Cause it's the most recent book in the whole....Circle thingy, right?