SHOWDOWN SAINT AND SINNER by ted dekKEr

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

SHOWDOWN SAINT AND SINNER by ted dekKEr

Post by Taps »

who thinks Ted Dekker is awesome? and who loves the novels SHOWDOWN SAINT and SINNER? I do!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Ted Dekker's my favorite author... :inlove: He's amazing, and his comparisons with the Bible and the NT law of love are well done. \:D/ Blessed Child and A Man Called Blessed are my favorites. :yes:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Taps

Post by Taps »

yeah. some of his books seem pretty weird though. but I love most of them!
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Blessed Child and Man Called Blessed are the only Ted Dekker books I really like honestly. I've only read one other book of his, whose name I always forget, and it was too weird for me so I've never touched any of his books except the two I mentioned and his kid books since.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Taps

Post by Taps »

do u remember what it was about?
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

StrongNChrist wrote:Blessed Child and Man Called Blessed are the only Ted Dekker books I really like honestly. I've only read one other book of his, whose name I always forget, and it was too weird for me so I've never touched any of his books except the two I mentioned and his kid books since.
Kid books? O.o You mean, Chosen, Infidel, ect?
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I can't remember the names but they were short little books. One was about the second drummer boy and the other was about the boy who couldn't speak until he saw the baby Jesus. I don't remember anything else about them :shrugs:

And the one that I found was too wierd had What's-his-name Black in it and was about a city being controlled by the kids in the monestary or something like that :-
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

That's the last book of his I read. That was just so extremely weird...I couldn't bring myself to pick up another of his books. :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I really liked some of his older stuff and he was my favoritest author ever... \:D/

I still like him overall but I think his quality has declined (which I guess will happen when you publish a new book every other week ;))... his older stuff in general is better, but some of his newer stuff I have really liked as well. It just seems that some of his books just retell the same idea as older ones, etc. And like some have said, the one series is weird and I have a hard time getting into it... the Showdown/Saint etc series.

Robert Liparulo (or something like that >_>) is sort of my new favorite author.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Showdown was weird, but I liked Saint. And I loved The Circle Trilogy, Blink, Blessed Child and A Man Called Blessed. I enjoyed Thr3e too, but I haven't read it in awhile. The other books I've read or started to read by Ted Dekker didn't seem as good, or as original.

Till the end of the line.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Showdown! That was the name \:D/
Taps

Post by Taps »

StrongNChrist wrote:I can't remember the names but they were short little books. One was about the second drummer boy and the other was about the boy who couldn't speak until he saw the baby Jesus. I don't remember anything else about them :shrugs:

And the one that I found was too wierd had What's-his-name Black in it and was about a city being controlled by the kids in the monestary or something like that :-
that book is showdown and I just finished it! I really enjoyed it but thats just me. :shrugs:

-- Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:12 pm --
Shennifer wrote:Showdown was weird, but I liked Saint. And I loved The Circle Trilogy, Blink, Blessed Child and A Man Called Blessed. I enjoyed Thr3e too, but I haven't read it in awhile. The other books I've read or started to read by Ted Dekker didn't seem as good, or as original.

also have you read the last book of the paradise novels? its called Sinner.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

no, I haven't read Sinner. What's it about?

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

It's the third book in the Paradise novels... :yes: Very good.

Top, I can understand what you mean... =P Serial killers left and right. But I think you might like Immanuel's Veins. It's more historical fiction, had a few names and such from other books that made me laugh at the 'coincidence' (without being overly cheesy or like... AGAIN?!) while still keeping up with the more serious tone of the novel. I will say it would have to be rated PG-13 as he has a sharp way of getting his point across. :-
Last edited by Termite on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I thought Saint was the second book; I didn't know about Sinner.

Taps

Post by Taps »

Shennifer wrote:I thought Saint was the second book; I didn't know about Sinner.

Ted Dekker himself said there was no particular order. his favorite way to read them is saint sinner showdown. but I prefer showdown saint sinner. cause sinner ends it all.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

ah. well I think I should read Sinner sometime. And I think there IS particular order-Showdown, Saint, then Sinner because apparently it ends it all.

Taps

Post by Taps »

yeah but supposedly showdown is like the prequel.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

exactly; that's why it should be read first, so the readers know who in the world the characters are, and have an idea about what their talking about in Saint half the time.

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

There is only 3 of them? I thought for sure there was plans for 7 in that series... ah well, my least favorite work of his so okay with me. ;)

I have Sinner sitting around on a shelf but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

I'll have to check out Immanuel's Veins, Termite, once I'm 13. :(