Mayor Question

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!

Would you vote for Fenix For Mayor?

Yes
11%
No
89%

Total votes: 18

Fenix
The Rich

Mayor Question

Post by Fenix »

Well Would You Vote For Me?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I can't vote on that now, because I don't know who else would be running, and who you would be running with. It's too early to make such an important decision - I don't want to say I'll vote for you now, even if I do eventually decide that you're the best candidate.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

I understand your honesty is appreciated.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

No offense, but I'd have to say no. Nothing against you, but you have less than five hundred posts, and haven't really been around much. I'd rather vote for someone who is more of a mainstay here in the community.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Can I help it if I dont spam the boards. I m here all the time its just sometimes i dont feel like posting and sometimes i do. I really enjoy it here and I feel that I can bring much to the table. I m very caring.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Like I said, no offense intended. It's all just IMHO.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Many members here have more than 4000 posts- and I've never known them to be spammers. Personally, I would vote for someone I know well and can fully trust to manage the town well. Note- this is not to say that I'm not going to vote for you(or that I'm going to). It's just my opinion.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Oh i see. so its a popularity contest.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

How is it a popularity contest?

Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

becasue i dont know anyone here. i feel as though i would do a great job but no one is willing to give me a chance becase they want to choose someone they know and like.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Not at all, Fenix. If it was, there'd be no way two losers like Top and I could have won! :)

However, the key to winning the election will be to make a good case for yourself. Do you have any forum admining experience? What can you bring to the table? Let the people know, and see what happens! That's what we did.

Also, realize being the Mayor isn't a "game". It's being an administrator in charge of a forum, and it's VERY time consuming. Keep those things in mind when running, and you should do well. :)
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

It's a matter of trust. I wouldn't simply vote for someone because I know them- I would vote for them if I know that they'd do a good job as mayor.

And you still have plenty of time to get to know more people on this board.

EDIT: ...so that's why? I wondered why "That Guy with the Eugene Avatar" was becoming a popular phrase all of a sudden. :p
Last edited by Elf of Rivendell on Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Me
An original

Post by Me »

*As the new word censor on the word "me" causes confusion......*
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

More like clears things up! I've ridden the board of the confusing confusion brought on by Me!

YAY ME! I mean... YAY "ME"! \:D/
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Not at all, Fenix. If it was, there'd be no way two losers like Top and I could have won! :)

However, the key to winning the election will be to make a good case for yourself. Do you have any forum admining experience? What can you bring to the table? Let the people know, and see what happens! That's what we did.

Also, realize being the Mayor isn't a "game". It's being an administrator in charge of a forum, and it's VERY time consuming. Keep those things in mind when running, and you should do well. :)
thanks for the information mr mayor.

Well i m not really good at much but i m very responsible. I have plenty of time and would love to use it to make this place a better place. I do some have admin experience that was some time ago. I love to listen to people and I do everything I can to help them
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:More like clears things up! I've ridden the board of the confusing confusion brought on by That Guy With The Eugene Avatar!

YAY That Guy With The Eugene Avatar! I mean... YAY "That Guy With The Eugene Avatar"! \:D/
True, I never though of it like that. Heh heh heh :offtopic:
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I would say no, I would not vote for you, for similiar reasons that "Me" gave. :) Many apologies.

Cheerio

Doctor Watson
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

In all honesty, I think pretty much any election falls under being to some degree a "popularity contest" (except for like county coroner elections and stuff), but that is just the nature of the beast. I am pretty sure both parties got votes last election simply because of who they were, however, I think here that a good majority of people will consider their options and truly vote for who they think will do the best job. But yeah, "popularity" is one of the ingrediants involved in an election.
Agentpaw
Eh, whats up doc?

Post by Agentpaw »

Hoe do you run for mayor? :-s
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

I don't really feel like I know you/know of you enough to make an educated decision...
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.