Jungle Jam & Friends

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Jungle Jam & Friends

Post by Aaron Wiley »

Most likely not many people here have heard of JJ&F, but I grew up listening to it and it's one of the most hilarious shows I've ever heard!
It's geared more toward younger kids, but it just makes me laugh so hard I can't stop listening. I remember one episode where Connie and Whit got lost and ended up in the jungle jam studio for a minute :P That made me really laugh.
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

I haven't heard of it, but it sounds cool.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Jungle Jam & Friends: The Radio Show is awesome. (For those who don't know, it's made by the same people who created Little Dogs on the Prairie, a similarly awesome show.) I could probably name a lot of the characters (Gruffy, Nuzzles, Millard, etc.). It's a fun series, and I can still recall a number of episodes from it!

My only criticism is the long name; Jungle Jam & Friends: The Radio Show? Why not just "Jungle Jam"? \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I loved Jungle Jam when I was little. I listened to it all the time! I liked the Razzleflabben episodes a lot.

It was a good show. I still remember a lot of the songs and the stories from it. :lol:
Dave
Classic

Post by Dave »

It's not a bad show at all--I especially liked "The Coconut-Clunking Debate." :lol:
Officer David Harley
Classic

Post by Officer David Harley »

I love Jungle Jam, I only own like 10 cassettes now because we lost all the rest but I still listen to them from time to time. The Coconut-Clunking Debate is one of my favorites.
Jesus_Minime wrote: I remember one episode where Connie and Whit got lost and ended up in the jungle jam studio for a minute That made me really laugh.
What episode is that one? I've been wanting to listen to it again.

Officer David Harley
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

To answer AE's question, I think it was because the RazzleFlabbens, Marvy and Katie.

also take a look at this

http://www.odysseyscoop.com/audio/JungleJam.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_Jam ... Radio_Show!

The descriptions are the same :mad:

Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Dave wrote:It's not a bad show at all--I especially liked "The Coconut-Clunking Debate." :lol:
That one was a funny one! :) I
I like the one with the telephone. I think it's called Dial M for Monkey. Where he was trying to headstand or something and the phone kept on ringing.
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

No, that was Hermie rides again!
get your jungle jamming right man! :P jkjk
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Yes,it's a verry funny show! It's one of those things where young kids can listen and laugh at humor at their level but adults can pick out all the pop culture references and more deep humor.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Of course there's also the episode where Whit, Connie, and Eugene show up during the intro and outro.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Officer David Harley
Classic

Post by Officer David Harley »

I think that was mentioned, but no one told me the name of the episode yet.

Officer David Harley
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

I have not listen to them but isn't the one the Duggers family (from 19 kids and counting) was a guest star on or somthing...?
~AC~
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

Ooh man...yet another show I really miss.

Are they still making new episodes? I didn't think so, but I'm not sure.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
mdetective12
I'm memorable

Post by mdetective12 »

Arwen wrote:Ooh man...yet another show I really miss.

Are they still making new episodes? I didn't think so, but I'm not sure.
are you referring to the 19 kids or jungle jim?
~AC~
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I officially own every single episode ever. \:D/ ah I loved that show.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I still remember the 1 800 847 0000 0 song! I used to always try to call that number when I was little, but they disconnected the number at one point in time so it didn't work after that.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

I love that radio show!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I remember hearing it when I was really little.. it was funny. Can it be purchased anywhere?

\:D/