Down Gilead Lane

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
Amethystic wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:I think I was searching in dinosaur age posts (as in posts from two years ago) and I can remember that all you ever talked about was "WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS!!!!!!!!" ;)

...You do realize that the whole "the Morrisons are perfect" thing is now, like, covered in lampshades, right?
Covered in lampshades? :-s And you did not do my tirades justice with that description. :noway:
I'm sorry, Amy. But I did see the sentence "WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS!" about three times a post, and at least once in all caps.

And as for being covered in lampshades, this is the TV Tropes definition of Lampshade Hanging:
TV Tropes wrote:Lampshade Hanging is the writers' trick of dealing with any element of the story that threatens the audience's willing suspension of disbelief — whether a very implausible plot development, or a particularly blatant use of a trope — by calling attention to it... and then moving on.

In simple terms - the author points out the improbable subject through some medium (character, passerby, narration, etc.) and says it exists regardless of logic.
You mean you didn't read the entire battle of the fans that SivartM and I had, you just skimmed through it?! :shock: It was awesome. :noway:

Eh... even if the series sorta makes sense if you hear all of it, it just can't keep my interest long enough for me to get into it. At first listen, the Morrisons are "perfect" people who have "perfect" problems that are always "perfectly" resolved--it's almost like having an entire family of Mr. Whittakers. So like I said, it's good when you're younger, hard to listen to when you're older.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Amethystic wrote:So like I said, it's good when you're younger, hard to listen to when you're older.
I love Down Gilead Lane. It's perfect to listen to when you need to fall asleep! 3 minutes (or less) and you're out. Last night I started one, I think I heard just the intro music and then was out. I guess I'm proving that it's hard to listen to when you're older by saying this...
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Anna><> wrote:
Amethystic wrote:So like I said, it's good when you're younger, hard to listen to when you're older.
I love Down Gilead Lane. It's perfect to listen to when you need to fall asleep! 3 minutes (or less) and you're out. Last night I started one, I think I heard just the intro music and then was out. I guess I'm proving that it's hard to listen to when you're older by saying this...
:lol: Yeah, you kinda are.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Amethystic wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:
Amethystic wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:I think I was searching in dinosaur age posts (as in posts from two years ago) and I can remember that all you ever talked about was "WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS!!!!!!!!" ;)

...You do realize that the whole "the Morrisons are perfect" thing is now, like, covered in lampshades, right?
Covered in lampshades? :-s And you did not do my tirades justice with that description. :noway:
I'm sorry, Amy. But I did see the sentence "WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS!" about three times a post, and at least once in all caps.

And as for being covered in lampshades, this is the TV Tropes definition of Lampshade Hanging:
TV Tropes wrote:Lampshade Hanging is the writers' trick of dealing with any element of the story that threatens the audience's willing suspension of disbelief — whether a very implausible plot development, or a particularly blatant use of a trope — by calling attention to it... and then moving on.

In simple terms - the author points out the improbable subject through some medium (character, passerby, narration, etc.) and says it exists regardless of logic.
You mean you didn't read the entire battle of the fans that SivartM and I had, you just skimmed through it?! :shock: It was awesome. :noway:

Eh... even if the series sorta makes sense if you hear all of it, it just can't keep my interest long enough for me to get into it. At first listen, the Morrisons are "perfect" people who have "perfect" problems that are always "perfectly" resolved--it's almost like having an entire family of Mr. Whittakers. So like I said, it's good when you're younger, hard to listen to when you're older.
I have. Twice.

Yeah, that never happens in Odyssey...:roll:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

It happens, but to a lesser extent. ;)
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

How many of you have listened to the very last season?

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I know I listened to one of the last seasons... don't know if it was the last one or not.
TigerintheShadows

We've ordered the last season! I want to hear it SOOOO BAAAAD! I've listened to Season 11, and just recently got to the last episode, where Hope gets adopted and Monica's trial is all...well, I don't really know what happened, because it was at night, but I WANT SEASON 12! The only episode from Season 12 I've heard was on the radio--the one about Monica kidnapping her kids or something. I was so mad when I found out Tom died, too! He was my favorite Richter! :x
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

I want to hear it but I don't think we're getting it. :( I couldn't believe Tom Richter died! I mean, I had my suspicions Monica would trust in Jesus, but after Tom died? :shock:

And I don't even know how he died! :mad:

But I feel so bad for Mia losing her dad. :(
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The King s Daughter wrote:I want to hear it but I don't think we're getting it. :( I couldn't believe Tom Richter died! I mean, I had my suspicions Monica would trust in Jesus, but after Tom died? :shock:

And I don't even know how he died! :mad:

But I feel so bad for Mia losing her dad. :(
You can listen online or via your local station if it airs DGL. They are airing it all the way through to the end, they're in Season 3 right now.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Awesome, thanks! I'll check it out. \:D/

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The King s Daughter wrote:Awesome, thanks! I'll check it out. \:D/
Not a problem. Happy to help!!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Season 12 is very action packed compared to the rest of the other DGL seasons. Lots of crazy surprises, and it disproves some of the humorous predictions made of how DGL would end.
Amethystic wrote: Other Morrisons and Grace: HOORAY! GOD IS SO WONDERFUL! LET'S ALL GO TO CHURCH AND BIBLE COLLAGE AND BECOME MISSIONARIES AND PASTORS AND CONVERT ALL OF COLERAINE TO CHRISTIANITY! :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

Tiffany Richter: You guys are religeous freaks!

Grace and the Morrisons: JESUS LOVES YOU TIFFANY, AND SO DO WE! :hug:

Tiffany: Wow, now I want to be a Christan too! :pray:
TigerintheShadows

Anna><> wrote:Season 12 is very action packed compared to the rest of the other DGL seasons. Lots of crazy surprises, and it disproves some of the humorous predictions made of how DGL would end.
I loved Season 12! We just got it yesterday. \:D/

Although there was that scrambled voice on the phone telling Monica her kids were kidnapped or whatever that just made me shudder--that was like, high octane nightmare fuel to me. Of course, it could be that it was the whole listening at 9:00 at night thing, but...

I loved the ending episode! It was by far my favorite! :D
AIO tumblr sideblog
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Amethystic wrote: Other Morrisons and Grace: HOORAY! GOD IS SO WONDERFUL! LET'S ALL GO TO CHURCH AND BIBLE COLLAGE AND BECOME MISSIONARIES AND PASTORS AND CONVERT ALL OF COLERAINE TO CHRISTIANITY! :thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

Tiffany Richter: You guys are religeous freaks!

Grace and the Morrisons: JESUS LOVES YOU TIFFANY, AND SO DO WE! :hug:

Tiffany: Wow, now I want to be a Christan too! :pray:
:lol: Good times, good times. Those were my newbie days. :-
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
Anna><> wrote:Although there was that scrambled voice on the phone telling Monica her kids were kidnapped or whatever that just made me shudder--that was like, high octane nightmare fuel to me. Of course, it could be that it was the whole listening at 9:00 at night thing, but...
YES! I agree!!! That voice creeped me out so much. I always skip that scene now.
TigerintheShadows

Amethystic wrote::lol: Good times, good times. Those were my newbie days. :-
I can tell. You misspelled "religious." :-

;)
AIO tumblr sideblog
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
Amethystic wrote::lol: Good times, good times. Those were my newbie days. :-
I can tell. You misspelled "religious." :-

;)
My newbie days were also my pre-Firefox days, so no spell check. :tongue2:
Last edited by Amethystic on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TigerintheShadows

No...no spell check? The very foundation of all that is computer life was not there? :shock:
AIO tumblr sideblog
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

I only dumped IE a few months ago. :shrugs: