Down Gilead Lane

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Down Gilead Lane

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Does/has anyone here ever listened to DGL?

I listened to a lot of them, but then they stopped making new ones. :yes:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I listen. I own every episode that ever aired on the radio. I started listening from the premiere way back in 2001. Yes it is true that they no longer make new episodes, but that has not stopped me from continuing to listen.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I've only heard two episodes, they were OK.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Yes,it's a very good show! I heard it when it first premiered but I didn't really get into it until about 2 years ago.
I bought season 4 this summer.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I don't own any of Down Gilead Lane, but I grew up listening to them almost as much as Odyssey. (It would air at 7:30 every Saturday morning, while Odyssey came on at 8:30.) I haven't listened to the entire show in its entirety, but from what I have heard, it is excellent.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I've listened to DGL for a long time. :yes: It's a decent show--not Odyssey-good, but still pretty good.

Can someone PM me with ending spoilers, please? As far as I know we're not getting the last album. I just want to know how it ends.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

I would, except I didn't really listen to the very last season. :(

TigerintheShadows

I didn't either, but it always came on early Saturday morning, so I always slept through it.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I listened to one episode just to see what it was, but I found it boring and didn't finish it.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

As for the ending you have to have listened to about season 8 on foward.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
TigerintheShadows

I'm doing that right now, actually. Reminded me of exactly why I used to listen to this show all the time.
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Do any of you know a site where you can listen to DGL episodes for free?

TigerintheShadows

I don't. You can listen to whatever's been played that weekend on HisKids.net (there's a link in the DGL area of the CBH website), but other than that I can't tell you.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

DGL's okay when you're younger, but when you get older it's really cheesy. :roll: I remember the last time I posted in a thread about DGL. :- That was quite an interesting conversation.
TigerintheShadows

I think I was searching in dinosaur age posts (as in posts from two years ago) and I can remember that all you ever talked about was "WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS!!!!!!!!" ;)

...You do realize that the whole "the Morrisons are perfect" thing is now, like, covered in lampshades, right?
AIO tumblr sideblog
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I never got to listen to the last season - I hadn't realized a new season had started until it was a few episodes in, and I didn't want to jump in in the middle. I THOUGHT I'd just catch up when they eventually aired on OnePlace, but they still have not. :x
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
TigerintheShadows

I've rekindled my love for this show! :inlove: I now listen to it in my room whilst working on a Latch-Hook project. It's pretty fun! It makes me feel kind of old-timey. \:D/

Oh, and I can do impressions of both Monicas--Monica Stone and Monica Richter! :D I kind of channel my inner Azula voice. \:D/
AIO tumblr sideblog
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

TigerintheShadows wrote:I think I was searching in dinosaur age posts (as in posts from two years ago) and I can remember that all you ever talked about was "WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS!!!!!!!!" ;)

...You do realize that the whole "the Morrisons are perfect" thing is now, like, covered in lampshades, right?
Covered in lampshades? :-s And you did not do my tirades justice with that description. :noway:
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I started listening to DGL around season 10-ish. Although I initially disliked it, I've grown to enjoy the characters. I'm glad they finally started airing the episodes from season 1 (they're now in the middle of season 3) at HisKids.net, so I can finally catch up on the first nine seasons! \:D/
TigerintheShadows

Amethystic wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:I think I was searching in dinosaur age posts (as in posts from two years ago) and I can remember that all you ever talked about was "WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS!!!!!!!!" ;)

Covered in lampshades? :-s And you did not do my tirades justice with that description. :noway:
I'm sorry, Amy. But I did see the sentence "WE ARE THE HAPPY MORRISONS!" about three times a post, and at least once in all caps.

And as for being covered in lampshades, this is the TV Tropes definition of Lampshade Hanging:
TV Tropes wrote:Lampshade Hanging is the writers' trick of dealing with any element of the story that threatens the audience's willing suspension of disbelief — whether a very implausible plot development, or a particularly blatant use of a trope — by calling attention to it... and then moving on.

In simple terms - the author points out the improbable subject through some medium (character, passerby, narration, etc.) and says it exists regardless of logic.
AIO tumblr sideblog