Presidential Candidates 2012!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Who do you think will challenge President Obama in 2012?

Newt Gingrich
3%
Sarah Palin
11%
Bobby Jindal
3%
Mitt Romney
3%
Herman Cain
1%
Hillary Clinton
5%
Zombie Reagan
3%
Jared Walczak
3%
Glenn Beck
7%
Robert Downey Jr.
2%
Zombie Nixon
3%
Stryper's Pants
5%
Jim Jordan
1%
The Top Crusader
14%
One of the fat guys I saw swimming in the resevoir the other day
4%
One of the Indian women I saw taking trash out of my dumpster this morning and loading it in a van
3%
Eugene Kendall
5%
Ron Paul
9%
Mike Huckabee
8%
Other
8%

Total votes: 116

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Presidential Candidates 2012!

Post by The Top Crusader »

So, yes, this is a couple years early. ;)

This topic is to discuss who you think will be running in 2012. I primarily am interested in who you THINK is running, but feel free to chime in on who you WANT to run if that is a different answer. \:D/

We are obviously sticking with the Republican candidate (although chime in with whatever you want) since it is at least unlikely that anyone other than President Obama will be running on the other side of the ticket. Although there are scant rumors of Hillary Clinton somehow grasping the nomination from him. ;)

I have NOT done extensive research as of this point (we are very early as I said) but I really like Mitt Romney because he is an ecomonic genious, and that is probably my main issue. But honestly beyond that I don't know a ton about him. ;)

I sort of like Gingrich but doubt he's electable. I like Bobby Jindal a lot, and he could be getting a bump out of his handling of the oil spill, but I'm not extremely informed of all his views so I don't want to sing his praises too much. I am bewildered by Sarah Palin's popularity but she obviously has a lot of it so she definitely is a contender. I got an email forward from my mom about some dude named Herman Cain who is considering running. ;) So we can include him. He actually sounds cool but I don't think he has any experience other than running Godfather's Pizza, which is possibly my favorite pizza, but I'm not sure if that qualifies him for President. ;) I'm sure I am leaving out some other candidates, so feel free to write in or whatever and tell us why they are so cool. ;)

If I could magically choose I think I'd go with Romney/Jindal as the ticket but again, that is without doing significant research. \:D/
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I have no idea what's been going on in politics, but I do know that The Top Crusader would make an excellent president. \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I wholeheartedly agree! \:D/
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The colors of the American flag would mysteriously change to burnt sienna, burgundy, and chartreuse. \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Uhh, where is Mike Huckabee? He is leading or tied in virtually every 2012 poll (examples: 1, 2). He would have my vote, followed likely by Newt Gingrich.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Where is Ron Paul, eh?
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Glenn Beck, now that would be interesting. :lol:

And where is our awesome Catspaw?? Oh wait, she's in Canada. :( You could move to the USA, Catspaw, we're nice. :yes: And as a bonus, we promise not to bite! \:D/
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Haha... Republicans... *cough*

Well, if I wanted to see a good bashing, step right on up Sarah Palin! Not sure she'd win... and then the poor guy who won the Republican spot would have to defend himself pretty well... While I'll be able to vote, I'm trying hard not to laugh at whoever gets that spot... Sarah Palin would probably lose... and everyone else would just... bomb...

Yeah... I'm not holding my breath at the moment.

And Hillary Clinton won't get the ticket... lol... that would make me NOT vote.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Why am I not on that list? Honestly, I am not sure about Mike after what he did in Arkansas before he was out of office but Sarah Palin I could dig. I am thinking a write-in for Sean Hannity.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

The Top Crusader wrote:We are obviously sticking with the Republican candidate...
Since when is Hillary Clinton a Republican? :-k

I agree with the Top nom too, our first luchadore president.. *dreamy sigh*

However, I have to go with Zombie Reagan. He'd get this country back in shape, even as a zombie! \:D/
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Invisible Ninja wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:We are obviously sticking with the Republican candidate...
Since when is Hillary Clinton a Republican? :-k
She's not. He's saying we're only going to say the Republican candidate since Obama will probably get the nomination for Democrats since he's already in office. Hillary could squeeze in for the nomination, but its unlikely, really.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

American Eagle wrote:Uhh, where is Mike Huckabee? He is leading or tied in virtually every 2012 poll (examples: 1, 2).
That's why I put other! I think Huckabee/Palin 2012. I don't know if Obama will win his party after all his rating is below 50% all ready and he still has two years. The Democratic party is a toss-up in my mind.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Haha... Democrats... *cough* \:D/

So okay, I redid the poll, adding Huckabee and Paul, and changing it so you can pick multiple people... which sort of ruins the point of the poll, I suppose, but is more fun. ;)

I probably should have originally included Huckabee and Paul, but apart from the numerous joke candidates I mainly was only listing ones who have indicated strongly they will run... I think Paul has given up, and Huckabee seems preoccupied by his tv show. Plus he got fat... if he were going to run he'd probably have stayed thin. ;)

Huckabee is also just simply terrible. O:)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Huckabee! \:D/ (Newt Gingrich would be my VP.) I couldn't vote for a woman, honestly, unless there were absolutely no men capable.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

American Eagle wrote:I couldn't vote for a woman, honestly, unless there were absolutely no men capable.
....why? o_O;

Also, I think Eugene Kendall will more than likely be over in afghanistan in 2012 :/ not being in the US would surely hinder his chances of getting the nomination. :( Robert Downey Jr. is a good substitute tough. \:D/
Last edited by EK on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Of course, he is a Republican! \:D/

Having a war time President actually on the battlefield would be cool, though. >_>
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Jindal seems good as far as I've heard but, as seems to be the case with all candidates, the "ideals" end up washed-up and mediocre by the time they actually get to the actual campaigning. And, as the years go by, the two parties have started resembling each other more and more, producing a basically bland-centrist candidate without any colourable ideals.

/end cynicism.

This is why I'd vote for a JWal/Zombie Reagan ticket. \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Batman wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I couldn't vote for a woman, honestly, unless there were absolutely no men capable.
....why? o_O;

Also, I think Eugene Kendall will more than likely be over in afghanistan in 2012 :/ not being in the US would surely hinder his chances of getting the nomination. :( Robert Downey Jr. is a good substitute tough. \:D/
Hmm. Ever heard of the roles of men and women? There's a reason why God set up male kings, and chose male disciples, elders and bishops. Woman are the help-meet of a man, and shouldn't lead other men unless there is no man to lead (case in point, Deborah).

I'm hoping you agree here... >_>

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

The Top Crusader wrote:Having a war time President actually on the battlefield would be cool, though. >_>
I second the motion. :yes:
Sherlock wrote:Jindal seems good as far as I've heard but, as seems to be the case with all candidates, the "ideals" end up washed-up and mediocre by the time they actually get to the actual campaigning. And, as the years go by, the two parties have started resembling each other more and more, producing a basically bland-centrist candidate without any colourable ideals.

/end cynicism.

This is why I'd vote for a JWal/Zombie Reagan ticket. \:D/
Oh yeah! \:D/
American Eagle wrote:
Batman wrote:
....why? o_O;

Hmm. Ever heard of the roles of men and women? There's a reason why God set up male kings, and chose male disciples, elders and bishops. Woman are the help-meet of a man, and shouldn't lead other men unless there is no man to lead (case in point, Deborah).

I'm hoping you agree here... >_>
I'm honestly not sure how I stand on the political roles, though I agree in general to what you're saying. :-k I'm hoping a huge flame war doesn't break out though.. :-
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I understand the point of view, but I figure if a woman wins the nomination of a major political party, then, well, she apparently is seen as being the best for the job... so, yeah, apparently no other men who would be better were willing to step up.

Now I realize should Gov. Palin get the nomination I will disagree with what I just said. ;) But I think you see what I'm saying, hopefully.

I also LOL that at the moment I'm winning, and the two actually potential candidates I dislike the most are tied for second place. ;)

Wanna know something cool about Bobby Jindal?

As Governor of Louisiana, he instituted castration of sex offenders. Now that's hardcore! \:D/