Camp Candy and Odyssey stars

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Camp Candy and Odyssey stars

Post by jennifertwt »

I was searching YouTube for Christmas in July clips for my facebook page and came across a cartoon from 1989 called Camp Candy starring John Candy. I was working on weekends by 1989 so never knew this existed. I was even more amazed to see that Katie Leigh, Jess Harnell, Will Ryan, and Hal Smith were part of the cast. WOW! What a nice surprise. The episode was cute, but not outstanding, but nice to hear some familiar voices.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I almost can't believe it. All four of them? That is astounding. Thanks for the information! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
therealjoecool
Not as new
Post by therealjoecool »

jennifertwt wrote:I was searching YouTube for Christmas in July clips for my facebook page and came across a cartoon from 1989 called Camp Candy starring John Candy. I was working on weekends by 1989 so never knew this existed. I was even more amazed to see that Katie Leigh, Jess Harnell, Will Ryan, and Hal Smith were part of the cast. WOW! What a nice surprise. The episode was cute, but not outstanding, but nice to hear some familiar voices.
I clearly remember this cartoon, however, back in 1989 I wouldn't have known anything about the cast. I'm not even sure John Candy provided his own voice for that show, did he? I don't think so. Man, I still miss John Candy! Anyway, I had NO IDEA that Jess Harnell had ever worked with Hal Smith! Well I'll be darned! Nice discovery!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

There are quite a few episodes on You Tube and it sounds like the real John Candy to me. He's listed in the cast on IMDB.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Wow! That's really cool, Jennifer! I've never even heard of this cartoon.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

A little bump here. *coughs* Wow! Can I have the link puh-leeze? *goes to Youtube anywayz*
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I remember that show, I watched it on Saturday mornings all the time for however long it was on. \:D/
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Saturday morning cartoons...we have finally found out what corrupted Top's mind FOREVER! :shock:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Marvin D. wrote:A little bump here. *coughs* Wow! Can I have the link puh-leeze? *goes to Youtube anywayz*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSuV4PF5d_0

There you go. There are several other episodes listed on YouTube, but I have only watched the Christmas in July one. Enjoy!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden