Inception

Your mind is the scene of the crime.

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

When do you plan to see Inception?

Opening weekend
4%
Theaters
33%
DVD/Blu-ray
8%
Probably never
29%
I don't know
25%

Total votes: 24

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Inception

Post by American Eagle »

Alright, it's time to discuss Inception. I don't usually create discussions of individual films, but this is one the most awesome-looking ones ever.

Here's the trailer. (Note: Some slight action/intense moments, but nothing explicit or graphic whatsoever.)
Cover:
This movie is super-secretive. No one in the general public really knows the plot twists yet , so no spoilers if you do see it, please. O:) It is rated PG-13 for "sequences of violence and action throughout"; make sure you keep this in mind. It is already getting fantastic critical reviews, and releases this weekend. What do you think of it? \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I saw a trailer and it did look quite interesting, but it doesn't really seem like my kind of movie. My brother wants to see it, and we do sometimes see movies together, so we'll see. I might end up seeing it. I didn't realize that the movie was so secretive, but the trailer did look like there would be lots of twists and turns!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Me and Liz plan to see this in theaters, since it looks like a really good movie

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Top is a mind reader! I was actually thinking of that album when I posted "twists and turns." :anxious:

If you do see it, Shennifer, be sure to let us know if it's as good as you expected it to be! :D
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Shennifer wrote:Me and Liz plan to see this in theaters, since it looks like a really good movie
We are? I didn't realize I had convinced you! \:D/

From what I've read about it, it looks good, and I hope to see it this summer.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I'm definitely planning on seeing this movie. It looks and sounds so cool!
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

LizzieG wrote:
Shennifer wrote:Me and Liz plan to see this in theaters, since it looks like a really good movie
We are? I didn't realize I had convinced you! \:D/

From what I've read about it, it looks good, and I hope to see it this summer.
yes, you convinced me haha. anyway, I'm glad there's more good movies than just Toy Story 3 to see (not that Toy Story 3 wasn't a great movie, it's just nice there are more good movies to enjoy soon)

Till the end of the line.
Macnut
No way I broke the window
Location: At Whit's End, sipping a milkshake and talking with Connie

Post by Macnut »

I'm going to the midnight premiere, partially because it looks really good and partially because I just go to a lot of midnights during the summer since I can. :) Hopefully, it'll be worth it. I think it will be.

I'm interested to Ellen Page in that role. It's a different part for her. Should be interesting...

--------------------------------------------
"I’m done and finished with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap
living, and dwarfed goals...I am a disciple of Jesus."
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

In related news, I created an Inception photo of myself! \:D/

Edit: Vanished!

Make your own! ;)

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Last edited by Marvin D. on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Marvin D. wrote:My parents probably wouldn't let us watch it.
That's probably the case with me too. :( I know my dad will want to go see it. It looks like an awesome movie. Maybe I'll see it someday.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Last edited by Marvin D. on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Marvin D. wrote:Grr....I hate being kids. :( It looks great, excluding what I've seen from the trailer. However, it's best to watch it and make up my mind. Someday....
Don't worry; you'll get older before you know it. I remember a few years back (when I was 10-11) my older siblings watched Spider-Man, and I was so jealous. However, a few years later I watched it. Stuff like that really will pass into nothingness in a few years. ;)

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah I wasn't allowed to watch Star Wars as a child. \:D/

Anyway, this looks cool. I really doubt I'll see it in the "regular" theater, maybe at the Dollar Theater if I get around to it, though. Definitely on DVD if all else fails. ;)
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah I wasn't allowed to watch Star Wars as a child. \:D/
Neither was I. I think I was 17 or 16 before my mom finally allowed me to watch Star Wars :yes:

I really wish I could see this movie. It looks so cool \:D/ But I can't :( Can't afford to go to the theatre and watch it. So I'll just wait until it comes out on DVD...wait a little longer...and then look it up online \:D/
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

StrongNChrist wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah I wasn't allowed to watch Star Wars as a child. \:D/
Neither was I. I think I was 17 or 16 before my mom finally allowed me to watch Star Wars :yes:

I really wish I could see this movie. It looks so cool \:D/ But I can't :( Can't afford to go to the theatre and watch it. So I'll just wait until it comes out on DVD...wait a little longer...and then look it up online \:D/
You forgot a step. :(
1. Wait.
2. Wait some more for DVD.
3. Look it up online.
4. Send it to Marvin. :yes:

StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Marvin D. wrote:
StrongNChrist wrote:

You forgot a step. :(
1. Wait.
2. Wait some more for DVD.
3. Look it up online.
4. Send it to Marvin. :yes:
Purposely forgot that step unless your parents okay it for you to watch the movie ;) But I do know of a great website where they put up a lot of movies online to watch for free \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Last edited by Marvin D. on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Sounds like how my parents were for a while when I was younger ;) Don't worry, when you get older you'll be able to watch more movies.
Yup. A free movie website :yes: Not sure how legal it is but since they aren't even the ones who put the movies online, I think it's alright :-