Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Compare the book/movie, discuss the whole series.

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
FriendlyFangirl88
Not as new

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Post by FriendlyFangirl88 »

So, I'm a hundred some odd pages into the fourth book and loving the series. I saw the movie before I read the books so it was really good until I realized...well...it's the movie of the book, what can I do?

Just wondering what everyone around ToO thinks about this series, and how much if any they've read about it.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I haven't read the books or watched the movie, but I know a little bit about them! From what I know, the series doesn't interest me.

However, I could tell you how much money the film made in theaters! ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
FriendlyFangirl88
Not as new

Anybody love or even like this series? Anybody?
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Its okay! Actually it was a lot better then I thought. I've only read the first book (it was required for a contest).
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

I saw the movie, but haven't read the books. I really enjoyed it!
Mountain_Girl
Classic

Post by Mountain_Girl »

I haven't seen or read it, but i have heard a ton about it from a younger girl on base. She is head over heels in love with Percy Jackson, it is both cute and annoying. lol

ImageImageImageImage
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I started the first book and found it.. boring. My sister read all 5 books. I want to see the movie though. Sounds more exciting then what the book was, lol.
FriendlyFangirl88
Not as new

If you prefer fetch-quest based storyline to direct heroes journey based storyline, than yes, the movie is better. Especially if you're more entertained by audiovisual stimuli than by text. I do highly recommend the movie, unless you've already read the book in which case it's poop avoid it.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Mountain_Girl wrote:I haven't seen or read it, but i have heard a ton about it from a younger girl on base. She is head over heels in love with Percy Jackson, it is both cute and annoying. lol

no its really good.

-- Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:52 pm --

I've read all the books at least twice and watched the movie twice.
Bananareader
Gold Member
Post by Bananareader »

I enjoyed the series so far, I'm currently on 5th book of Percy Jackson and the Olympians.