Roleplaying Games

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Roleplaying Games

Post by EK »

Who's ever played Dungeons and Dragons or other tabletop RPGs? (The real world equivalent of the oh-so evil Castles and Cauldrons :roll: ) I've never played but a couple of my friends do, and it seems pretty fun, in a somewhat nerdy way. I want to play with them soon (the funny thing is, all of my friends who play are in the military...they're all nerds. :P ), so I was wondering if anyone here has ever played D&D, did you guys find it fun?
Last edited by EK on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I never played literal D&D, but I've played a handful of other RPG's that used the exact same rule book and format.

A friend of mine was (and still is) really, really, REALLY into that kind of stuff, so me and a couple other buddies played with him a decent amount over the course of one summer. I don't know, I could never really get into it. It was only kind of fun when me and my other buddies were just goofing off and having our character constantly doing stupid things... but we were playing with the one friend of ours plus a bunch of his friends who were all super serious about it, and they didn't care for our antics. ;) SO, it wasn't really for me, at least in those conditions.

Plus obviously you have to perform Satanic rituals and summon demons and actually literally cast spells and stuff.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I think its kindave weird. which we found out in Castles and Cauldrons.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

The Top Crusader wrote:Plus obviously you have to perform Satanic rituals and summon demons and actually literally cast spells and stuff.
Huh? I've actually played Dungeons & Dragons, and that's news to me.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Invest in sarcasm detection apperatus.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

The Top Crusader wrote:Invest in sarcasm detection apperatus.
But I already have one. Is it broken?
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I listened to Castles and Cauldrons for the first time the other day. Creepiest episode ever. :shock: Any games that involve demons, witches, spells or anything of that nature I will have nothing to do with. As for non-"fantasy" real life RPGs, I've just never had an interest in that sort of thing.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

American Eagle wrote:I listened to Castles and Cauldrons for the first time the other day. Creepiest episode ever. :shock: Any games that involve demons, witches, spells or anything of that nature I will have nothing to do with. As for non-"fantasy" real life RPGs, I've just never had an interest in that sort of thing.
THANK YOU YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!!
~Excessive exclamation points removed
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

I've looked at some, but haven't really played any. Mostly I've looked at the Star Wars Roleplaying Game (by WotC), the Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Game (by Decipher, I believe), and the Squared Circle, a wrestling RPG by a company that I can't remember. :-

We should totally do such an RPG here in Gower's.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

Never played them, never will. Haven't you ever heard "Castles and Cauldrons" on Odyssey?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Castles and Caulrons is probably AIO at its least informed.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yeah, it's like the most inaccurate AIO episode ever, I don't really see why it was made...because none of it is factual.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I'm never going to play RPGS unless there chrisitian based or have nothing bad in them. which rules out D&D. and other stuff.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

The only RPG's I play are on here and at CC.
~Mark Prescott~
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I listened to Castles and Cauldrons for the first time the other day. Creepiest episode ever. :shock: Any games that involve demons, witches, spells or anything of that nature I will have nothing to do with. As for non-"fantasy" real life RPGs, I've just never had an interest in that sort of thing.
What if we called then joes, hobos, and monos, then would it be OK?
Last edited by Moontide on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Moontide wrote:
Not if the same satanic ideas are promoted.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:
Moontide wrote:
Not if the same satanic ideas are promoted.
I agree. We'd be promoting Satan as a Christian, and what are we showing other unbelievers??
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

takeitfromthetop wrote:I'm never going to play RPGS unless there chrisitian based or have nothing bad in them. which rules out D&D. and other stuff.
Same here. :yes:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Batman wrote:Yeah, it's like the most inaccurate AIO episode ever, I don't really see why it was made...because none of it is factual.
You're saying that out of that whole episode there was nothing absolutely nothing accurate. Well they called that generalization last time I was in school (3 months ago).
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well, basically nothing pertaining to C&C was factual compared to D&D.

Plus that ep had the creepy George/Jimmy scene. :(

...what if the RPG is your a Christian and use Bible verses against witches and demons?! \:D/