Carmen Sandiego and other games

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Carmen Sandiego and other games

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Who else misses that game and TV show? It was snaaaaazzzzzzyyyy. \:D/

I also played Cluefinders, Putt-Putt and the Oregon Trail. :yes:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

My sister was really good at Carmen Sandiego and Oregon Trail; I stunk at both of them. But nevertheless, they bring back fond memories for me :)

Till the end of the line.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Educational games are evil. :noway:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Top is evil! :x

But anywayz....I have the "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" game, and I liked it! :D
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I still play Where in time is Carmen Sandiego sometimes. Also sometimes I play Yukon Trail. Oregon Trail and my computer don't get along very well.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I've seen this as a board game at a local Goodwill store, but that is the extent of my knowledge. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

31899 wrote:Also sometimes I play Yukon Trail. Oregon Trail and my computer don't get along very well.
Yay! My brother and sister and I used to play Yukon Trail too, though we preferred Oregon Trail. We also had Amazon Trail and Africa Trail games, and maybe one more than all came as a set way back in the day. The Amazon one was too hard and the Africa one was more difficult too sometimes, at least when we were young. ;) Yukon Trail wasn't so difficult - no backtracking because you didn't know you needed to do something way earlier to get into the next country. :x Oregon Trail is definitely the best, though I haven't played it for years. Did anybody else enjoy seeing how far they could get with no supplies with oxen set to a grueling pace? O:)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Catspaw wrote:
31899 wrote:Also sometimes I play Yukon Trail. Oregon Trail and my computer don't get along very well.
Yay! My brother and sister and I used to play Yukon Trail too, though we preferred Oregon Trail. We also had Amazon Trail and Africa Trail games, and maybe one more than all came as a set way back in the day. The Amazon one was too hard and the Africa one was more difficult too sometimes, at least when we were young. ;) Yukon Trail wasn't so difficult - no backtracking because you didn't know you needed to do something way earlier to get into the next country. :x Oregon Trail is definitely the best, though I haven't played it for years. Did anybody else enjoy seeing how far they could get with no supplies with oxen set to a grueling pace? O:)
Yay for Oregon Trail! \:D/ \:D/ I love(d) ;) it. And yes Catspaw, I did it for the fun of it. Soon....they well...er...*switches subject* But I played it a lot till I got really good! \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I loved Oregon Trail! \:D/

And we had several of the Carmen games - Where in the USA, Where in Time, and Where in Space. All quite fun! \:D/ I played them up until we got our newest computer - they don't work on this laptop. :( I miss them.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Over the Rainbow wrote:Who else misses that game and TV show? It was snaaaaazzzzzzyyyy. \:D/

I also played Cluefinders, Putt-Putt and the Oregon Trail. :yes:
That show was a BEAST
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I used to have Where in the USA & World is Carmen Sandiego, but I NEVER played the World one... Too big for an eight year old. ;) Though I did beast at the USA one, with a bit of help from my momma and Aeva. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

I had WITWICS the game too. I never did play it.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

We've got a few of the games, plus a few WITWICS episodes we downloaded from youtube (really bad quality video, but whatev. awesome anyway)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I never knew it was a TV show, but I loved Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?. I also enjoyed Oregon Trail (4th edition), even though the screen that was supposed to show the map was always black during travel (I didn't know at the time that this wasn't normal). Gizmos & Gadgets was another fun one.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I have the Oregon Trail game and I played it a lot until we switched sound bit card (I think or something along that line) to a larger one. I loved the game.

If anybody wants the game it is The Oregon Trail 5th edition just PM me.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

I've played the following games before: Reader Rabbit, Cluefinders, Carmen Sandiago, Zoombinis, and lots of other games such as Rollercoaster Tycoon, LEGO games, Frogger, and more.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I've played and own all three Rollercoaster Tycoon. The second one is the best.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I love playing Rollercoaster Tycoon and Frogger! Playing frogger with multiple people is so much fun :D

Till the end of the line.