World Cup

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

World Cup

Post by Marvin D. »

Discuss. \:D/

What do you think of the teams and the games and South Africa's first game? Unimpressive. :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Well, it WAS their first game. :noway: Give them time to gell. And unlike some stupid/smart teams, I don't think they did any 'pre-tourney' matches. :-k

And hey, it wasn't all that bad. It was South Africa and Mexico, not Brazil and Germany. ;) All-in-all, I was really happy they got the first goal. \:D/ But I nearly started crying when I was watching the highlights and saw some guy go one-on-one, round the keeper, and then bounce it off the post from an awkward angle. :( Three inches to the right and it would have deflected in! Poor guy... He wasn't too happy.

Now I'm watching Uruguay and France. \:D/ Haha, Ribery was already neing naughty and got booked... I'm actually leaning towards Uruguay, since France don't deserve to be in the Cup... Then there's the fact I'm in the apparent "fan club" of an Uruguayan on my local football team, so I have to be supportive. \:D/

Ooo, Argentina & Nigeria tomorrow!

And haha, I just saw a replay of the French goal keeper stomping on a blue (for Uruguay) balloon. :lol: That was funny.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

So did I! I LOLed...now Uruguay and France are playing! No goals, about 30 minutes. Ghana plays on the 13th!

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

*pants* Geez, I thought France was gonna pull out a winner with that last free kick. :mad: Ah well. Yay for 0-0. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

And the game is over! 0-0. Meh. :( So much hype and the first day is a drag. But it was scary...I was for Uruguay. :D

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

The game I am desperate for is tomorrow.... England vs. USA. =P~ I love English people, but I hope USA WIPES THE FLOOR WITH THE THREE LIONS!
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Go USA. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

This mainly applies to american people, but does anyone notice 90% of us don't care about soccer till the world cup happens? ;)

That being said, USA FTW.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Batman wrote:This mainly applies to american people, but does anyone notice 90% of us don't care about soccer till the world cup happens? ;)

That being said, USA FTW.

That's so true. Ye USAs don't care for soccer. :(

EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

We have the MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL and all that to worry about. ;)
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I was watching Uruguay and France in school today. It was boring. We all were making fun of the one guy who hurt his knee until we realized it looked like he did get hurt from a different angle.
At least we weren't doing work in school though :)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Batman wrote:We have the MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL and all that to worry about. ;)
Rubbish, all of it. :noway: You know, this is the only country in the world that does not idolize football. :( And that is why I now say I'm half Italian and half English... These nutty Americans have no true sport love. :noway:

*sighs* Ah, the World Cup... Biggest competition worldwide... gotta love it. :inlove:

*cough* So, guess who's getting up at 7 to watch South Korea vs Greece? \:D/
Love you always, SnC
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Eh, soccer is just hockey where they don't fight. ;)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Only to those who don't understand the art of it. =P

*sighs* And I missed the Greece Kora game... *tear* My alarm didn't wake me up... Though that's not the first time.... *sighs*
Love you always, SnC
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

That's too bad. :( I'm glad Korea won! :D I'm partial to them...maybe it's because I have so many friends there!

Current Status: US-1 England-1 GO US!!

King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Batman wrote:This mainly applies to american people, but does anyone notice 90% of us don't care about soccer till the world cup happens? ;)
And, the other 10% still don't care. :wink:
Termite wrote:You know, this is the only country in the world that does not idolize football.
Don't forget about Canada. They care even less than us.
Batman wrote:Eh, soccer is just hockey where they don't fight. :wink:
Which is the precise reason for the last thing I said. \:D/
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

:noway: WHERE'S YOUR AMERICAN PRIDE? :x =P

Soo.... Argentina Nigeria? Boring... Aside from watching the one Nigerian defender completely outrun Lio. That was EPIC. \:D/ Messi didn't know what'd blown by him until the guy cleared it. \:D/

USA England... *sighs* Not too bad, not too good. A defensive mistake by the US let Gerrard score in the 4th minute... But then Rob Green let the ball trickle out of his hands and in (YEAH DUECE!! \:D/) in the 43rd so it evened out. *shrugs* My dad was even hoarse for a while from screaming. \:D/ I went outside and blew my bulhorn a few times to celebrate. (probably scared the geese too, haha!) Not nearly as amazing as the game in '50 with the 'shot heard 'round the world', but still, 1-1 is pretty good... Better then I started to think near the end, haha. I thought they were going to give it up, then win it, then... :mad:

Tomorrow... I think they're all boring. The other Group C game with is Algeria Slovenia... Serbia Ghana, meh. Essien isn't playing... :( Then Germany Australia... I'm really bummed that Ballack isn't playing, but it's a 2:30 game so I'll watch. \:D/
Last edited by Termite on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

I hope the USA loses. Soccer is something I don't want bragging rights too.

"My country is better at acting than yours!!"

They should rename it the "World Dive".

I'll go back to baseball now.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*glares* I'm so glad that Ghana won today! :D But it looks like Germany has the game tucked away. 2-0? Bleh...I wanted the Aussies to win!

Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Termite wrote::noway: WHERE'S YOUR AMERICAN PRIDE? :x =P

Soo.... Argentina Nigeria? Boring... Aside from watching the one Nigerian defender completely outrun Lio. That was EPIC. \:D/ Messi didn't know what'd blown by him until the guy cleared it. \:D/
Who cares about the American team. Argentina FTW!!! \:D/