The 2010 June Insanity Adventure at JIA's

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

The 2010 June Insanity Adventure at JIA's

Post by DanP740 »

Okay, since she's not going to get around to mentioning this... so last weekend we had a little ToO convention at JIA's house at her graduation party. It wasn't a huge ToOer get together, but we had myself, Tim, JIA, StupendousMan, Limerick, and Cher there, so it counts.
I didn't even know it was StupendousMan for several hours, until I finally put the pieces together and figured out it was him, but then he didn't know who I was, so I had to tell him who I was. :lol:

Yeah, somebody could post pics/people who were there post stuff. :-
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

:( where do you guys do this stuff???

*Wants to meet people...*
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Wow, that must've been fun. Hope to see photos soon! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Limerick
OK

Post by Limerick »

Well, in this case, at JIA's house :p And what Dan DIDN'T mention is that it was the most epic thing ever :noway: I mean, it was an absolute blast, you name it, we probably did it, name a part of a body, someone probably injured it. Though we all found out we weren't all that skilled at Mafia or Drug Dealer/Cookie Monster/etc. Games lasted faar too long even for Jayaar *hides* Still, despite a few hiccups, and not so few burps, we made it through a weekend characterised by immensely long car/bus rides, many hotdogs and sandwiches, some special doorbells, and some interesting driving experiences. Just to offer a teaser of it all. I'm working on writing a journal entry covering it all, maybe I'll post it here too. I think we should have a ToO Convention 2010 Fit the Second :-k

Edit: Wow, I still have that avy and sig? Quite some time has passed, har.

Edit 2: Har, it looks like it says - Gender: Limerick's Inventory
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Ok, this is completely off topic, but I just went through the whole sign language alphabet trying to figure out what your sig said. xD I GET IT NOW, haha. \:D/

That sounds like fun, guys. \:D/ Glad you enjoyed yourselves.
Last edited by Termite on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Limerick
OK

Post by Limerick »

XD. Did you figure it out? :p Fun is definitely one of the truest words ever typed for it, we also talked about SOO. Does anyone happen to have StupendousMan's fan AIO wo? Or will I have to bug him for it? :p
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Yesssssss, we had much fun! \:D/

Here are a few pictures from it:

Dan and me

Susan Peterson, Tim Peterson, DanP740, StupendousMan, and Limerick playing Ticket to Ride

StupendousMan and Tim Peterson (and Slumbo)

Me, Tim Peterson, and Stubborn (aka Lucy, Cher, etc)

StupendousMan and Me

There ya go! \:D/
Last edited by JesusIsAlive on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Yay for ToOers juggling! \:D/

Looks like a blast!
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

Wow, that musta been fun! :D
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Termite wrote:Ok, this is completely off topic, but I just went through the whole sign language alphabet trying to figure out what your sig said. xD I GET IT NOW, haha. \:D/
So wha'ts it say? I can't figure it out ](*,)

Ahem, yay for epic times \:D/ Put up more information and more pictures people. I want to hear all about it :yes:
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Wow, how cool they all got to come for your graduation and stuff! (And congrats on that by the way.) \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Okay, more information for you peeps.
So on Friday, Limerick drove over to our house from Connecticut, then he rode with us while Tim drove the entire 11 hours himself, then we got there, got introduced, played Apples to Apples, and stayed up late... The three of us boys slept at one of JIA's friend's apartments, and then in the morning we got up and attempted to go to McDonald's for breakfast... We then found that several streets were blocked off, and when we reached the end of main street after finding no McDonald's... we found the start of a 5K race... We walked back to the car and decided just to go back to JIA's house for breakfast, and on the way, we saw McDonald's, which was on a different section of the discontinuous main street. Once we had a little breakfast at her house, we went off to make a cake withdrawal from the Donut Bank:
Then after playing a game or two, we ate a quick lunch, then got to work on a scheme involving doorbells we'd cooked up the night before. So, JIA's house is remodeling it's kitchen, and JIA's brother-in-law is an electrician and always carries several spare doorbells. We had the idea to put four of them next to the bathroom door. Tim wired one up so it would light up, and also flash some lights in the bathroom when pressed. We also made a sign for the buttons:
We barely had that finished when the party guests began to arrive. My favorite welcome was Cher/Stubborn's... When Tim gestured to me and said "And this is Dan." she kind of stopped, put her hand over her mouth, and said, "No way.... he's so... big!" And so we all laughed at that.

I'm done with this post for now, since I have to go, but I will post more later.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Cool, congrats JIA and glad ya'll had fun! \:D/

I think we at some point thought of going cause its somewhat close but other stuff came up.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Great pictures-- looks like the meeting went excellently! Also, Ticket to Ride is a fantastic game.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

It is so time for something further south.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I would prefer further north and east. :P
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Limerick
OK

Post by Limerick »

Psh, Dan, you take all the excitement out of travelling! This has been an amazingly epic year for me. Minimini-ToO convention in Mexico (3 people) - whereever two or more meet in The ToO's name... =D Then this. I guess it's moving slightly northeasterly. You're inspiring me, Dan, I think I really will get to writing my journal =o
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

No, south east!! \:D/

*cough* But man, that sounds like a hecka lotta fun... And I LOVE the bathroom idea. :hilarious: That'd be perfect for my house!
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I laughed out loud at the bathroom light switches! :lol: Somebody has a witty mind. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

The Top Crusader wrote:Cool, congrats JIA and glad ya'll had fun! \:D/

I think we at some point thought of going cause its somewhat close but other stuff came up.
Wow, can't even imagine the insanity that would've ensued if you had both showed up. :p That would've been cool if you had came. We srsly have to meet sometime. :noway:

And I think it'll be time for another convention out east in a couple of months. I'll actually be in the D.C. area in a month. Anyone up for meeting? \:D/